Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Has Nova Seriously Been This Strong For 4 Major Updates?

Kiaru

I'm sorry but i don't see how Nova is more OP than Volt or Rhino and possibly other frames as well. I actually do better with Volt and Rhino than I would do with Nova as she is so fragile. Love playing with her because she allows for quick runs ...

Guest Shibboleet

So basically overreact to an ability you see as OP by killing it, because removing the explosion from her ult makes its completely useless as an ult.

What the other guy said that quoted you

+

With the utility that it brings outside of the explosion (even on low level enemies) it outclasses the ults of: Banshee, Nekros, Zephyr, Hydroid, Ash, Excal, Frost, Oberon, Mag (though her #2 is the real Ult), and Ember. Double damage along with 50% snare/attack speed is nothing to look down upon.

With maxxed out corrupted, nightmare and warframe mods she is amazingly OP'd. Helps out a lot of later levels if you need to solo.

Low levels she would definately ruin game experience which leads me to a solution.

Mastery cap the endgame warframes instead of nerfing, like many said here utility is essential since shes Loki weak and cant go invisible if in trouble. Warframes need tweaking and reworks on some abilitys however DE should focus on more serious core mechanics the community hinted at.

The RNG, Endgame NOT Dark Sectors, Netcode,(Glitches, hosting, UI, connections, progress not saving, frame rate drops, ect.) Mechanics(solar rail incentive, loot tables, lore, events, customization) content(dojo, conclave, tilesets, bosses, AI)

The time you have all mods maxxed is the time you should realize with any warframe (Nyx, Volt, Zephyr, Ember, Ash, ect.) even with Nova are OP'd in their own ways. That's endgame already and if you can only use Nova in 30+ mins survival on Palus you should experiment with team play, because soloing is not meant to be at that point.

I'm sorry but i don't see how Nova is more OP than Volt or Rhino and possibly other frames as well. I actually do better with Volt and Rhino than I would do with Nova as she is so fragile. Love playing with her because she allows for quick runs ...

Ok Rhino i can get but Volt really?   You can't increase the dmg that Overload does and it has no other decent CC ability. You have me completely baffled by this one.

Guest Shibboleet

I almost exclusively run Nova and I am the same way. I try to gauge damage output from other users and also understand why they might be in the mission (how's that unranked Dex Furis, Cermaic Dagger and Grinlok doing against...anything). I'll use MP usually when I notice the squad is starting to lose footing, or if someone is down in the thick of things. Nova ain't gonna save you next to that Disruptor, no sir.

I love the power of Nova and I am more than willing to spam it when necessary. However, it's a co-op game and it's not about me. A clan mate that I run with all the time loves Ash. I'm Ash Sensitive now; so when I am any Frame in any mission, I look for effects on enemies (especially red). Those who don't are Ashholes. Just because there are 40 enemies in my priming radius doesn't mean I should use it. A fish gotta swim.

If they're leveling a weapon you should Prime to make the run go faster since they get 25% of your affinity on everything.

Ok Rhino i can get but Volt really?   You can't increase the dmg that Overload does and it has no other decent CC ability. You have me completely baffled by this one.

Volt's overload is extremely useful and has a high range.

While this may be a bit tongue-in-cheek, I will say this:

When I run planet nodes, I rarely bring her unless it's defense or survival. I'd prefer my squad do other things besides hover around me and wait for me to bleed out. In fact, I think you can make the case that Grineer balls and Eviscerators are OP to Nova. The absurdly precise laser hose of a Fusion MOA 2ft from your face is OP to Nova. Heavy Gunners in 40 minute T3 Survival? OP to Nova. She's actually a liability to the squad every time she stands still for any length of time.

In the 3 months I've been playing this, I've found that Nova is a team player (as you all know). By that, I mean, she needs a team (or at least a partner). This is a squad game and she's the epitome of that. I lean on others to survive as Nova in late rounds. Maybe I suck at this game and no one else needs assistance as Nova late in survivals/defenses. But I think that people exaggerate their talents online. Maybe.

The issue isn't with her damage output. And I think it's important to frame this correctly before we start down the slippery slope that, really, no one should be allowed to do any damage that isn't considered earned or deserved by the gaming elite. Instead, there are two issues here that cannot be solved by turning Nova into a half brown chested jelly bean:

1. All the little sh*ts that love to be attention @#&*(s and need to have the most kills and love to see their magical energy color firebomb the screen. Total carnage without regard to your squad is intended for soloing. Or showing off. Nova gets a bad rep for this.

2. The thought process and mental conditioning of people who request a Nova in recruiting channel, then decide Nova is not needed after all once the mission begins. Why? Because Nova steals everyone's kills and it's no fun because every Warframe should be identical. Or something. It was hard to hear his moaning over the 11k/shot he was doing with the Ogris. Irony anyone?

tl;dr - it's not about you when you're running with a group. Nova players that spam MP/AMD do not accurately represent the value of Nova to a squad, nor the value of a squad to Nova. Redirect your frustration towards these kinds of players because they tarnish the experience you're looking for. And if that's not it, then redirect frustration towards yourself because you're the person whining about Nova stealing kills while you're dropping 11k worth of knowledge on the Cryopod every second.

Why not just increase the level back to u8 days.

Pluto is 45 to 50.

Then we can balance stuff at that level. :)

In fact I remember during the early damage 2.0 days, alerts bump up difficulties up to level 65.

And it was considered balanced !

Edited by fatpig84

Honestly Nova is fine for higher end content. Just too many tryhard babies trying to pad a kill count that means nothing. And getting upset about her wiping rooms in a mode where you aren't really focusing on killing the enemies.

"I am a relatively new player and have strong opinions about content and its balance despite not having a full fledged range of experiences to compare these too"

"I don't play difficulties where her ability would be useful or reasonably powered"

"Nova kills entire rooms of easy to kill enemies"

"Nova makes easy content feel easy"

"Nova stole my kills"

"Nova stole my bike"

Now combine those with the magic of semantics and you have every nova complaint thread ever.

Don't play with her then.

AMD complete garbage? Only the numberline can limit the damage for that.

She's squishy.

Don't like her, don't play with her.

You can always just not play her btw.

New player discovers nuking... Becomes concerned about transgressing to the dark side. Worries that he may be the chosen one that will bring balance to the force... XD

^^ This...

...is why the devs haven't touched Nova yet.

They've known that Nova was brokenly powerful for more than half a year now, and have discussed nerfing her on multiple occasions. They haven't gone through with anything yet because the backlash from players such as these, who believe that "dont play with it then" and "lol its pve so theres no reason to nerf anything" are valid solutions for handling brokenly overpowered toys, would be incredible.

Edited by SortaRandom

Why not just increase the level back to u8 days.

Pluto is 45 to 50.

Then we can balance stuff at that level. :)

In fact I remember during the early damage 2.0 days, alerts bump up difficulties up to level 65.

And it was considered balanced !

and that's the issue. Where is the balance point. If it's 35 to 40 end game we got lots of nerfs coming if it's a bit higher not so much. Using 40 plus wave defense and 1 hr. survival as examples of drop off for a powers effectiveness doesn't work as that is clearly bonus content. You get bragging rights and nothing else so it's not the balance point for frame powers/utility.

nova only seems strong but it's not that much more powerful than Rhino stomp.  early game they 1hit everything.

with max stretch and intensify mid game they are pretty similar.. not to mention rhino defensive abilities, and more health/shield/armor.    

late game nova is better damage with MP and Antimatter drop.

and that's the issue. Where is the balance point. If it's 35 to 40 end game we got lots of nerfs coming if it's a bit higher not so much. Using 40 plus wave defense and 1 hr. survival as examples of drop off for a powers effectiveness doesn't work as that is clearly bonus content. You get bragging rights and nothing else so it's not the balance point for frame powers/utility.

You missed out the point where alerts can push to level 65 during the first iteration of Damage 2.0.

And it was not a survival mission or defence.

So if it can hit level 65, that is within NORMAL content parameters.

Nightmare mission could go even higher up with all the crippling goodies like no shields + no energy.

So we should balance content at level 60.

The rest are a non issue.

Edited by fatpig84

Enough with these threads.... the nerf hammer wielded by Scott the (Not-so) Merciful will hit Nova soon™ lets hope he doesnt trip and the hammer falls onto her head...like he accidently did to the acrid...rip you magnificent bastard

^^ This...

...is why the devs haven't touched Nova yet.

They've known that Nova was brokenly powerful for more than half a year now, and have discussed nerfing her on multiple occasions. They haven't gone through with anything yet because the backlash from players such as these, who believe that "dont play with it then" and "lol its pve so theres no reason to nerf anything" are valid solutions for handling brokenly overpowered toys, would be incredible.

The funny thing about all this is that this game is a co-op game, instead of bashing Nova with nerfs request, should't people be praising her because she makes things easier?

And oh its not like she hogs all the exp to herself ,  mprime actually shares it unlike most abilities.

Enough with these threads.... the nerf hammer wielded by Scott the (Not-so) Merciful will hit Nova soon™ lets hope he doesnt trip and the hammer falls onto her head...like he accidently did to the acrid...rip you magnificent bastard

Naw, MORE threads so that it actually gets into their heads more often. 

Rhino

Nova

Trinity

Eat a fat nerf bat and make it hit hard.

The funny thing about all this is that this game is a co-op game, instead of bashing Nova with nerfs request, should't people be praising her because she makes things easier?

And oh its not like she hogs all the exp to herself ,  mprime actually shares it unlike most abilities.

Any press 4 to pwn half the map abilities share exp.

So I never rag on them. Mastery 16 will be a slog without em.

Easier... or pointless with one there. Why have any other frames at all then? Pick a Rhino, Nova, or Trinity and ditch all other frames.

Naw, MORE threads so that it actually gets into their heads more often. 

Rhino

Nova

Trinity

Eat a fat nerf bat and make it hit hard.

Then Frost and Ash will never get their re-works.

You know how long it took to re-work Rhino ?

They forget about all other frames back then when doing Rhino.