Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Replacing Exterminate

Ghobe

Your idea seems fun as a sort of raid, or some other special missions.

At the moment, AI is kinda stupid, or too simple, OR it's OP. How? Their detection reaction and range is too weird and crazy. The way they behave is like they have a lock on your location, 24/7 once alerted. Even when you bring alerts down, enemy behavior is too weird work the "resetting alarms" to really mean much.

Not much interactions between AI either. They just know where you are. When one is focusing on another team member, you can't even really flank them and catch them off guard. They will know you're behind them. Can't even sneak up to kill them while they're focused on another team mate.

Exterminate is fine as long as they really fix the AI behavior. Since it is extermination (meaning they have limited supplies/troops) they should fight smarter. There should also be more leaders patrolling with a group.

Where did that come from? You can't tell me you're leveling unranked weapons past anything level 20, not in solo. Yet there are still exterminates higher than this level range.

Optional challenges reward up to 5000 XP shared between your equipment... you don't actually have to use the weapon to level it.

Optional challenges reward up to 5000 XP shared between your equipment... you don't actually have to use the weapon to level it.

Yay? It's split. 5k/4=1250. Unranked->1 = 1k | 1->2 = 4k | 2->3 = 9k....you telling me that you're doing 164 runs(minimal) to get rank 8? (this is the point when hornet strike doubles damage without a potato)

It really surprises me at how many of you are claiming to level weapons in these missions. Especially when you consider they're a joke for exp in their current state. You get what? 10k? Maybe? For whatever weapon you primarily use. As opposed to even being dead weight in the back of a mobile defense(not endless!) and walk away with 10-20k+ for all weapons.

I've taken Unranked Weapons to Venus and Saturn Exterminates.

In fact, Saturn is my first Go-To because there's that small iota of a chance I just MIGHT get an Orokin Cell out of it, if said weapon is good enough to kill the enemies there. Better than Ferrite, Polymer, and Morphics that I'd get out of Mercury at any rate.

Yay? It's split. 5k/4=1250. Unranked->1 = 1k | 1->2 = 4k | 2->3 = 9k....you telling me that you're doing 164 runs(minimal) to get rank 8? (this is the point when hornet strike doubles damage without a potato)

I actually use the weapons I'm leveling (which is why I don't like leeching in Mobile Defense). It doesn't take all that long to get Lv8 if you actually use the weapon. It just takes a few Exterminate Missions (since you know, you can actually take your time in them without getting taken from behind with constant respawns).

Can you get XP faster in other game modes? Maybe. But yet sometimes I LIKE using the various weapons at least somewhat. Can't really do that in most game modes because, well, again, enemies will overwhelm you forcing you to swap anyways. And again, leeching (Mobile)Defense is boring. (Mobile)Defense is just a boring game mode because you sit on a terminal and killkillkill the guys pouring in. /yawn. Such Interesting. Much Boring. Wow.

And there'll usually be a Nova, or a Rhino, or what-not spamming 4 anyways. So you sit there and /yawn while you see numbers flashing all over the screen. Occasionally you run around the pick up all the junk that dropped. /yawn

I'd rather head to an Exterminate and take a Master Thief with me, and open ALL the things, explore ALL the rooms, and kill ALL the things myself.

I've taken Unranked Weapons to Venus and Saturn Exterminates.

In fact, Saturn is my first Go-To because there's that small iota of a chance I just MIGHT get an Orokin Cell out of it, if said weapon is good enough to kill the enemies there. Better than Ferrite, Polymer, and Morphics that I'd get out of Mercury at any rate.

Oh don't get me wrong, I typically go to Earth and do sabotage/dark sectors/interception. However, all these places are still sublevel 20, which is very doable. 2 runs of say a grineer based infestation invasion defense to wave 10(solo) and it's typically about that time it's high enough level to take wherever I want(outside of the highest content). Note: using that unranked/new weapon the whole time.

I actually use the weapons I'm leveling (which is why I don't like leeching in Mobile Defense). It doesn't take all that long to get Lv8 if you actually use the weapon.

Yea I know that, but the post I responded to made it sound like he was exclusively leveling new weapons this way and/or made it sound like it had some kind of huge impact when the reality is that it's not.

I'd rather head to an Exterminate and take a Master Thief with me, and open ALL the things, explore ALL the rooms, and kill ALL the things myself.

if only master thief would drop! If only! Then and only then are exterminates even remotely worthwhile(because yea I'll give it to you, there are quite a few lockers but the majority by far and above are locked).

Yea I know that, but the post I responded to made it sound like he was exclusively leveling new weapons this way and/or made it sound like it had some kind of huge impact when the reality is that it's not.

Exterminate Missions are fast and easy. A lot of them will give you 5,000pt challenges and while you're not leveling a weapon exclusively by this, those 5000pts can add up, especially if you nix a weapon from your loudout, or if you're gutsy, you could nix both unused weapons from your loadout to further enhance XP gain on that weapon you're trying to level.

if only master thief would drop! If only! Then and only then are exterminates even remotely worthwhile(because yea I'll give it to you, there are quite a few lockers but the majority by far and above are locked).

Master Thief is just ridiculously awesome, especially in Corpus Maps. All of those rooms with 5, 10+ red lockers? Oh yes. These lockers spit credits out like nobody's business. And Void Exterminate is a decent-ish place to grab an Argon Crystal or two, with all of those lockers you can open. There have been times I'd walk into a room that had 8 red lockers and I wound up opening 6 of them with MT lol. Then I'd proceed to the next room and open 4 more. It isn't too uncommon for me to finish a Venus Exterminate and come out of it with 5,500 in-mission credits + the 1200 or so credits the mission rewards me.

6700 credits for a fast easy run?

Sure!

That's *without* booster.

Tho I could also run Jackal if I felt like it, add another 3500 ontop of that lol. But that doesn't work so well if your weapon can't kill him.

Edited by Xylia

Master Thief was added to the Dark Sector Conflict Tenno Specter drop tables.  It comes up relatively often, much more often than it drops from Scorpions (I must have killed something like 1000 Scorpions before I got mine.)  Cycle through tiles to respawn the specters.

Master Thief was added to the Dark Sector Conflict Tenno Specter drop tables.  It comes up relatively often, much more often than it drops from Scorpions (I must have killed something like 1000 Scorpions before I got mine.)  Cycle through tiles to respawn the specters.

Or, if it is THAT common, surely it'd end up on the Market sooner or later for reasonable prices.

I really need to get a stop watch and time myself doing exterminate vs sabotage vs 10 wave defense. My feelings with time have never been accurate but it feels like I can do a 10 wave defense in the same time I can do a 100+ exterminate.

Tho I could also run Jackal if I felt like it, add another 3500 ontop of that lol. But that doesn't work so well if your weapon can't kill him.

Could always you know....burn him down with a real weapon and then just finish him with the unranked... >.> <.< >.>

Master Thief was added to the Dark Sector Conflict Tenno Specter drop tables.
Or, if it is THAT common, surely it'd end up on the Market sooner or later for reasonable prices.

Dude...if it was that easy I'd have it by now xD hell there is a mod that drops from ancients that I still have yet to get(which is incredible! I've killed tens of thousands infested in the last couple weeks @.@ ).

Edited by Ghobe

Could always you know....burn him down with a real weapon and then just finish him with the unranked... >.> <.< >.>

Some weapons are so weak that even this doesn't work all that well, lol.

I remember trying that with, I think it was a Grakata, lol. I tried to whittle him down to just a sliver left, and I whipped out the Grakata and I hosed bullets at him and saw 1s popping out of him. Pulled my other weapon out to tap him....... *BLAM!* dead. Arrrrrgh.

But yes, this does work with some weapons, granted.

One thing I wish they'd do, is I wish they added a corpus ship to Saturn so I could go there and get some 7-9k credits from running it, but nooo they're all stupid galleons. Galleons can have a fair amount of boxes and lockers, but they are all spread out and they're not conveniently stacked together like the corpus likes to do.

How about instead of permanently adding this to the starmap in replacement of extermination, it could be a badly needed Corpus event.

Background:

Alad V's Zanuka Project has been in full effect, and has produced robotics capable of decimating hordes of enemies. The Grineer have requested assistance so that the balance of the Origin system isn't completely overthrown by the Corpus. Tenno will have to support the Grineer this time, as the Corpus are the antagonists. Using your layout of "mass extermination", depending on which node, Tenno will need to assassinate massive amounts of Corpus troops and their robotics, and Alad V's new Zanuka MOA model, mobile surveillance drone (MSD), and female Corpus crewman. Tenno who complete this mission successfully (stealth or exterminate approach) will receive the Machete blueprint. Additionally, Alad V has retreated to a capture Orokin derelict with an army of Corpus and the new robotics. Defeat 300-500 Corpus and robotics AND find the "Alad V Locator" to retrieve his location on the mini-map within the mission, then proceed to assassinate him and the newly modified final Zanuka model. Tenno who complete this mission successfully will receive the Snipetron Vandal, Braton Vandal, Prova Vandal, or Lato Vandal (they choose this) and an event badge.

Summary/Layout:

T1 Corpus Annihilation (200+ enemies & sabotage afterwards): 5 fieldron, 10 orokin cells, 1 forma

T2 Corpus Annihilation (400+ enemies & sabotage and then defense): event badge, Prova Vandal, 10 fieldron, 1 orokin catalyst (pre-installed)

T3 Corpus Annihilation (800+ enemies & mobile defense and then assassinate after finding the locator) [Alad V assassination with Zanuka]: Snipetron Vandal | Braton Vandal | Lato Vandal | Latron Vandal | Boar Vandal (they choose which weapon), 1 orokin catalyst (pre-installed), 1 forma, Zanuka clan dojo statue/trophy, 3-day affinity booster

Event Information:

Name: Zanuka Project Uprising (Zanuka Project Crisis)

Codex Entry: Alad V has successfully built multiple robotic models in his Zanuka Project using Tenno Warframe components. He has acquired these through various methods, all of which have damaged our cause and have led to the deaths of fellow Tenno. The Grineer have requested our assistance, as this Zanuka Project has threatened them as well. Alad V has created new MOAs, drones, Zanuka models, and more. Ever paranoid, Alad V has reinforced himself and his research facilities with massive amounts of defenses and Corpus troops. We cannot allow this Zanuka Project to upset the balance any further than it already has. Find the whereabouts of the research facilities by gathering intel from Alad V's informants on Jupiter. Capture them and bring them to me for interrogation. When I am finished, I will hand over the intel. Once you have received the intel, travel to that location and do everything you can to bring down the facilities and their guardian armies, while also sabotaging Alad V's Zanuka Project. There will be various situations where you will have to adapt to certain events, proceed with caution and go prepared, Tenno. 

-Lotus

Who you are supporting: The Grineer (they will not fight along side you directly)-administered by Tyl Regor

Who you are fighting: The Corpus (you will fight them in various methods)-managed by Alad V

This event would introduce the Annihilation gamemode and reintroduce the weapons previously only accessible through past events that have long since been removed. The aforementioned weapons would be the Corpus Braton Vandal, Lato Vandal, Prova Vandal, Snipetron Vandal, new Latron Vandal, and new Boar Vandal. This would also be a way to gain fieldron, forma, orokin catalysts, and orokin cells. Additionally, Tenno who complete the various tasks in the event will receive an event badge.

increasing the amount of enemies to kill would suffice to me... i like the alert idea alot... a 2k pile of enemies to kill would be alot of fun..

but your overall suggestion needs to be a new type, not a replacement of exterminate. intriguing thought process and read.

Have to say yours isn't exactly an argument either, it's an opinion and said opinion = "I don't like Exterminate". Nobody else as of yet has said they think it sucks (I certainly don't), and neither has DE to my knowledge(?)

The argument against exterminate is that the rewards are lack luster and pale in comparison to every single other mission type. And it's not even a small amount, most other missions yield 3-4x the rewards on average.

It is obnoxiously long.

It's basically the end of a planet's missions.

I personally have no problem with Exterminate, it's a nice straight forward mission you run from start to end and kill everything.

In concept stages it's fine, the reality is that it lacks in every area from enemy count, to mod count, to resource count, to even time invested. Yes, it's simple and "easy", but it's also without reward beyond a mediocre amount of exp and tends to only reward you with 0-2 mods a run.

Edited by Ghobe

So just throw away the idea of getting rid of exterminate, but think of it as a new game mode or "raid" a one person put it. Raid like events are sorely needed, because as it is now, its all just farm farm farm. A raid that would guarantee you something good, which is the case in raids in any other game, would in my opinion be a VERY nice change of pace. 

Sadly raid was retired in U9 and replaced by survival

Sadly raid was retired in U9 and replaced by survival

I still wish they had gotten rid of Capture and kept Raid. They could have made Raid more interesting by requiring you to get 1-2 keys to open the vault or something, but at least you wouldn't had to have had this overpowered (compared to the rest of the enemies around him) Capture Target that runs away from you, dragging you through a bunch of enemies (which can be really rough on newbies if they're not geared very well yet), and of course you're not invincible while you stand over the Capture Target with your hand held out for 5 seconds, either. So that's 5 seconds you're a sitting duck and taking enemy fire. And killing the enemies around you doesn't really accomplish anything, because more will just respawn anyways.

My one and only problem with exterminate is the severe lack of bad guys.

I like that its a simple, straight forward mode that doesn't require anything but killing.

I like other types of modes too, but the idea is to have a variety. Some simple, some complex, some in the middle, some about protection, some about taking things down...etc.

So keep Exterminate exterminate. Just give me A TON more bad guys.

Maybe they could add enemy spawner things that have to be blown up.

That's about as complex as I'd like it to get.

It really surprises me at how many of you are claiming to level weapons in these missions. Especially when you consider they're a joke for exp in their current state. You get what? 10k? Maybe? For whatever weapon you primarily use. As opposed to even being dead weight in the back of a mobile defense(not endless!) and walk away with 10-20k+ for all weapons. But maybe you just want to solo, which every single other mission type is a better option. Not only are there more enemies in literally every other mission type, but they're done much faster and offer much better rewards(fairly certain I've never gotten a 0 mod run in any other mission type).

yea...if only I brought that up...oh wait...

If you thought that was only toward the new mission mode, nope. It could be as low as a single run of 500-1k as opposed to 5 runs of ~100.

I wasn't complaining about the rewards, I was complaining about the monotony, which you did not address at first.

You keep countering everyone saying "but I enjoy exterms and use do them to level/explore/etc" with "You should run surv/(m)def instead." Not everyone wants to do things in the most effective way possible. DE shouldn't remove exterms for the same reasons they haven't deleted all the sub-par weapons from the game. People enjoy exterminate missions for a variety of missions, and while they may have a pretty simple premise, they still offer something no other mission type currently does. Removing them and replacing them with a mission that amounts to a campaigns worth of MD and other mission types would make the game less diverse. Your new mission type could be fun, but it should not replace exterminate. Removing exterminates adds nothing to the the game, and in fact takes away from it. You find them pointless, but as can be seen in this thread, a large number of people don't. Removing them makes the game less fun for us, while the act of removing them adds nothing for you or anyone else.