The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Warframe Community - An Unpleasable Fanbase?

I imagine it much like the Triple A title: Monster Hunter series.

If there were a community that said 'Nerf Rathian pls!' and the devs listened to that...

Then I think monster hunter would be terrible.

I guess it's a case of designing a Horse, as part of a committee and coming out with a Camel.

Right now we have a Dromedary.

Edited by NetSlayer

The others will see the glass as half full while the others half empty.

Opinions will always vary, not just in the forums but in life too.

Feedback no matter how good or bad it is it will always revolve around *IMOs and What I Think* statements.

Developers should stop listening to the masses of crowds, beacause the big majority of Earths population are idiots. And I cannot yet decide whether I'm within the few % of people who are not idiots or if I'm among the great mass of idiots, that's something I'll meditate on.

Developers should stop listening to the masses of crowds, beacause the big majority of Earths population are idiots. And I cannot yet decide whether I'm within the few % of people who are not idiots or if I'm among the great mass of idiots, that's something I'll meditate on.

It's always safe to assume you're on the less fortunate side. Both because the likelihood of anyone being there is quite high, and also because a little extra care in conducting yourself never hurt. 

That being said, we're all idiots at something. We're all idiots once in a while. Just pray that we're not one perpetually, with nothing resembling intellectual faculties and a ginormous, insatiable need to spew unattractive rant juices everywhere. 

By the way: Spelling errors and poor grammar does not an idiot make. What makes one sound like an idiot, mind you, is that one doesn't put up a good argument, one holds a conversation as well as a leaky bucket holds water, one is not funny, and one is also a huge, demeaning prick who doesn't talk any sense most of the time.

From the devs perspective, let's mention that the percentage of the userbase who gives actual feedback is pretty low. Now, if you assume that the rest are more or less OK with the game itself (not counting the try-and-leave players), and then the devs rewriting the game to please the audible community, the other side will go to the forums writing topics about how to change back the changes. :)

So yeah, pretty much mission impossible.

They're quite pleasable. They just think they're owed everything and that in turn is what makes them appear unpleasable.

I'll have to agree here, that and people who are happy with the game are unfortunately going to keep playing the game and not angrily type hate topics on the forums. Actually, it has been proven that people who like the game are less likely to post about how they like it, or what they like about the game on the forums than people who are unsatisfied.

Labeling the community as "unpleasable" is actually quite pretentious.

If DE screws up (short term like bugs / long term like S#&$ endgame) and the community goes ":DDDD YAYYYYY WE LOVE DIS WE WANT MORE RUSHED CONTENT! MORE QUANTITY OVER QUALITY!! :DDDDD WE FORGIVE EVERYTHING BECAUSE IT'S BETA AND WE'RE THE BETA TESTERS!!! :D ",  that would be infinitely worse than having high expectations.

And sadly, that is happening to no small degree.

I agree.

I also think a lot of people ask for changes because their personal favorites were changed negativity.  Too much personal clause in everyone's topics nowadays to really give them a solid opinion.  And it's numerous people who do not fully research their complaints, then when you call them out on their false accusations, someone from the sideline tells you to "stay on topic."   Like what?

I also believe the upvote system is biased.   I do not know one forum where you can only up vote and not down vote.  I shouldn't even have to go into detail about how botched that process is.   If upvotes don't mean anything, then remove it. 

Also I believe any topic that starts with:

"DE doesn't like"

"DE hates" 

Title needs to be changed on sight.  It's freaking disrespectful, you are not single handedly DE's main attention.  Also which brings me to this point.  A lot of people make suggestions only based on their own well beings and how they play the game and/or how their clan plays.

Also a lot of people don't know when to apply the  philosophy of "We (the players)" are the beta-testers.  Some things DE should of been aware of prior to releasing, but there are things that we as the community can spot and address.  Instead of you finding a problem and going to General Discussion, how about you construct a well thought out topic in the right sections of the forum?

If you hate how the rails are handled, why not post your idea in "Feedback Categories" > Mission?  We do not need to have 10 page thread about how we hate something without coming to a resolution.   Probably too much to ask for but whatever.   

It's crazy how everyone has so much movie like ideas for this game but "Feedback Categories" is dry compared to GD.

Edited by Ishki88

It's crazy how everyone has so much movie like ideas for this game but "Feedback Categories" is dry compared to GD.

It's also crazy how 90% of the creative ideas just die.  Almost any topic outside of GD dies within a day or two :/

Do what I do. Assume you are on neither side and am instead sitting on the sidelines, laughing and cringing all at the same time.

I also believe the upvote system is biased.   I do not know one forum where you can only up vote and not down vote.  I shouldn't even have to go into detail about botched that process is.   If upvotes don't mean anything, then remove it.

This. One of the most disappointing things about the forums here is how a first post "No" gets upvoted to oblivion.

People with enough maturity can see through the haphazard upvotes and measure the merits of a post, but they are few.

We need the downvote system.

Labeling the community as "unpleasable" is actually quite pretentious.

If DE screws up (short term like bugs / long term like S#&$ endgame) and the community goes ":DDDD YAYYYYY WE LOVE DIS WE WANT MORE RUSHED CONTENT! MORE QUANTITY OVER QUALITY!! :DDDDD WE FORGIVE EVERYTHING BECAUSE IT'S BETA AND WE'RE THE BETA TESTERS!!! :D ",  that would be infinitely worse than having high expectations.

And sadly, that is happening to no small degree.

It's a good thing then that I suggested people that post only positives should post negatives once in a while. Not to mention that the community as a whole is unpleasable. As a whole. This is not opinion, it is fact. And if this fact is pretentious, then I am sorry for stating it.

Do what I do. Assume you are on neither side and am instead sitting on the sidelines, laughing and cringing all at the same time.

You are not on neither side.

By labeling the part of the community that express their disappointments as simply "unpleasable," you have placed yourself on the side of the white knights, whether you were aware or not. There are plenty of threads you would call products of an "unpleasable community" that raise awareness of legitimate concerns and have merits that are ignored by DE and ruined by wannabe forum celebs like you.