Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

De Please Make Brakk And Detron Parts Tradeable

TheFirstRonin

I'm all for it, let the gates of trade open.

Just because you haven't had any luck with RNG doesn't mean piles of other people haven't.  I've got duplicates for parts on both guns and if I bothered with invasions I'd prolly have piles of them just like with the piles of dreads and hates I sold off after grinding for despair. 

If their parts became tradeable they'd quickly become worthless and just make both guns obnoxiously easy to obtain.  At which point people would be getting two of the better guns in the game with ease and may not be as likely to spend money on or grind for other weapons.

Edited by Aggh

I have a Detron, and no interest in the Brakk. So honestly I don't care. I've got extra Detron receivers and I rather someone honestly get to use them rather than getting some tiny credits. I'd like to be able to give them to my friends.

Just because you haven't had any luck with RNG doesn't mean piles of other people haven't.  I've got duplicates for parts on both guns and if I bothered with invasions I'd prolly have piles of them just like with the piles of dreads and hates I sold off after grinding for despair. 

If their parts became tradeable they'd quickly become worthless and just make both guns obnoxiously easy to obtain.  At which point people would be getting two of the better guns in the game with ease and may not be as likely to spend money on or grind for other weapons.

People can already trade prime parts and obtain some of the best weaponry in the game with minimum grind if they can fork up the plat. With that i don't see why Brakk and Detron should be made untradable. As like some prime parts and mods, they're lock behind an RNG wall with different people having success rates of parts.

Ad the whole "making x tradable will make people less likely to spend plat" blows out of the water when the staff themselves boast on a livestream how many trades happen in one day and how it allows plat to flow through player base. If the staff was so against tradable prime parts would never be tradable, but look at where we are now.

People can already trade prime parts and obtain some of the best weaponry in the game with minimum grind if they can fork up the plat. With that i don't see why Brakk and Detron should be made untradable. As like some prime parts and mods, they're lock behind an RNG wall with different people having success rates of parts.

Ad the whole "making x tradable will make people less likely to spend plat" blows out of the water when the staff themselves boast on a livestream how many trades happen in one day and how it allows plat to flow through player base. If the staff was so against tradable prime parts would never be tradable, but look at where we are now.

Prime parts are something you have to actively grind for, since you have to grind for specific keys (Ie play a lot of defense/surivival) and specific parts (ie spend time grinding void keys that have the parts you need). 

That's not really the case with brakk or detron; as long as you play the occasional invasion mission (which you should be doing anyways to keep up on fieldrons and detonite injectors, not to mention get the occasional tater) you'll get hit by the G3/Zanuka often enough. And on top of that the G3 and Zanuka's drop tables aren't nearly as diluted as void missions. 

And since you can get the blue print and a component from a single encounter (hell with the g3 you can technically get the whole brakk) BPs and parts will pile up a lot faster compared to the good prime weapons/frames.

I didn't even actually bother grinding for detron.  I got the barrel in a random corpus mission and  I got the blueprint and reciever when I wasn't even marked and just happened to join up on an invasion mission when someone got attacked by the zanuka. 

Compared that to the dozens of mobile defense III keys I had to grind out and play for boltor prime.  Or the piles of TIII defense missions I had to grind back when it was 20 waves and only one drop at the end for braton prime and fang prime.  Brakk and Detron were PZ.

Edited by Aggh

There are people who've probably worked harder for it doing it this way than those who did it during the event. (Word on the street is... there was a certain glitch allowing people to put all of 0 effort into actually get it.)

Unlike you guys, you didn't have RNG working against you, and unless you buy everything in the game with platinums you'll probably be already aware of what RNG is like. Either that or completely delusional and living in a fantasy world where RNG is just non-existent. In which case, let me know where you get the drugs.

Edited by Sutherland

Not really, since because they made it harder, Corpus are taking over the solar system and Vay Hek will eventually be unavailable.

Yeah. I actually meant that as a sarcastic note. Like we just have to keep suffering don't we??

not sure why people are against it other than being scared of change, people will just sell their extra parts or trade for the ones they need.

Do that with prime parts all the time. It's a great way to avoid relying on RNG in the game, because RNG is BS.

And maybe once they become tradeable we can finally buff the chance of G3 and Harvester spawn. It's fun content locked behind RNG. And you can't even pay to unlock this part of gameplay. I'd love some more of Vem Tabook chasing around me with his hammer.

At least Stalker spawns often. Killed him twice recently, both times with Tigris. Tigris Master Race. He dropped nothing but at least I got a couple of fun battles with a scary smokey git.

And maybe once they become tradeable we can finally buff the chance of G3 and Harvester spawn. It's fun content locked behind RNG. And you can't even pay to unlock this part of gameplay. I'd love some more of Vem Tabook chasing around me with his hammer.

At least Stalker spawns often. Killed him twice recently, both times with Tigris. Tigris Master Race. He dropped nothing but at least I got a couple of fun battles with a scary smokey git.

It's not even 2 layers of RNG either..

1. Run invasions til you get lucky > 2. Get marked and run a crap tonne of missions until he spawns with a 3% chance > 3. Hope the blueprint you need drops if not repeat.

Edited by Sutherland

It's not even 2 layers of RNG either..

1. Run invasions til you get lucky > 2. Get marked and run a crap tonne of missions until he spawns with a 3% chance > 3. Hope the blueprint you need drops if not repeat.

Look, what I'm getting at I want gameplay content available. Make G3/Harvester mod/weapon part drop rate low, but make them spawn a lot. I'm ok with not getting Brakk for a while, I'm NOT ok with not getting to fight G3. It should be set up in such a way that if Vay Hek marks you G3 WILL come after you in next 10 or so missions. So that it would feel that you ARE being hunted. Right now it feels like 99% of time G3 are hanging in some Grineer bar, until Vay Hek starting texting angry messages to Leekter. Then they get off their butts, but get lost half the time because they're drunk and incompetent. Some assassins.

And if you say - hey, I don't like G3 coming after my bacon every other Grineer mission - the solution is simple. Don't support Corpus. You traitor...

Here's the current problem with the current way to get the brakk, one you have to get marked, second you have to have the G3 show up which is only a 3% chance, third they only have a slight chance of dropping a brakk piece and fourth corpus taking ceres and other planets away from grineer due to brakk hungry players which makes farming vay hek and drops even more of a pain.