Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Nova Took Your Job ?

Unibot

Well my knowledge of fun gameplay is something where I and everyone else are able to do more than watch everyone die from Molecular Prime. But the recent nerfs were to the right direction and it is not like other Warframes don't share this issue per say. Well actually it is not the Warframes but how people play those Warframes that is the issue here.

That whole deal, where you can end up fighting allies just to play the game (kill an enemy), it's a large part of where Warframe #*($%%@ up.

If this was more of a team game, like working with people to break down units of enemies, this game could be downright amazing...

But it's not, it's like the furthest thing from that... you don't even need to know how to work with other Tenno or even be aware of them (short of for that rez button) until late, late game.

I mean that in and of itself isn't terrible, but it does make the content end up feeling repetitive/dull allot faster, and that's like the biggest issue I've seen in this game.

DE can't make this game stay fun to play by chucking in more gear and events to grind over and over again...

Very very true.

Because making gameplay more tactical than pressing "4" is dumbing it down.

Why do you hate abilitys?  I feel like when you say this you don't just hate M.Prime or What Blessing used to be [which are valid ability's to be annoyed at, yes] I feel like you hate 'all' abilitys.

I wanna use meh gun! Stahp using your abilitys, this is a shooter game! What do you think this is, Warframe!?  ...Oh, wait it is... and the only reason some people do play it [not defending the M.Prime or (old version of) blessing supporters] is because of the unique and fun abilitys that you can do.

If you really want 'more tactical' in the sense that I 'think' you might...  CoD, BF4, they have no super-natural powers and are just strait up load-out shooters.

Edited by Sibarian

Why do you hate abilitys?  I feel like when you say this you don't just hate M.Prime or What Blessing used to be [which are valid ability's to be annoyed at, yes] I feel like you hate 'all' abilitys.

I wanna use meh gun! Stahp using your abilitys, this is a shooter game! What do you think this is, Warframe!?  ...Oh, wait it is... and the only reason some people do play it [not defending the M.Prime or (old version of) blessing supporters] is because of the unique and fun abilitys that you can do.

If you really want 'more tactical' in the sense that I 'think' you might...  CoD, BF4, they have no super-natural powers and are just strait up load-out shooters.

No, I do not think that somehow the "4" button or any other button is less inherently tactical in nature than a left mouse click nor do I believe that fun situational abilities are bad.

Edited by Lunamaniac

The problem is that most abilities nullify all threats. Our powers and weapons are two strong for the current content and since the community pretty much as a whole feels just giving enemies more health is not a solution nerf/readjustment is the only option to add challenge. No improved AI won't help. If you drop a nuclear bomb on an Einstein he would be just as dead as if you dropped the same bomb on Donald Trump.

3bf7cc2185ae09e48686e3044834989de9670adb

this could be solved just by increasing spawn rates, but noooooo. We gotta dumb things down and nerf them.

No it wouldn't. How exactly would an increased spawn rate deal with nova wiping out the entire spawn with 1 button and 1 bullet? Spreading the spawns out might have some positive effects but there are still doors which limit flow and bunch them together anyway. I'll admit if I'm wrong but it sure doesn't look like you thought your arguement out too well. Edited by NevanChambers

Nova taking my job?

Hardly.

Even 4 spammers I have to pick up CONSTANTLY due to them not being used to fighting things that don't instantly die when they press 4.

Since I fight high level enemies (Level 30+) Nova's damage just doesn't insta-murder maps (Especially not maps that spawn very quickly like Mobile Defence and Survival) I often find myself casually walking over to a downed Nova murdering everything within a few seconds with my Phage or Akvasto's and then casually picking the Nova that hasn't modded into any defence and purely into offense.

The amount of time Nova's spend downed in this level of play means I can easily do over 70% of the total damage in a mission, even if they hammer the 4 button like their life depends on it (With the way they build... It kinda does)

Heck, I recall when I did low level missions I'd end up with 90%+ of total damage done by murdering everything before Nova's could get any decent coverage with MP (I no longer do low level missions with other people... They just make everything go far, far, far slower - Especially at extraction time...)