Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Nyx And Friendly Fire

YoungBlood-X

Hey guys,

what do u think about adding a Friendly fire to nyx ability Absorb.?.

So when she's activating it to kill the enemies, a small area around her also hits team members.

DECREASE everyones shields to ZERO. - in a very SMALL AREA around Absorb! NOT THE WHOLE affecting area!

This might give the respect to the ability absorb as it should be :)

Cheers

D

Edited by YoungBlood-X

As I said in Chat several minutes ago... Awesome Idea! How many times some guys run to a Nyx with absorb active cause the only thing they can think off is "KILLS! KILLS! KILLS!" and try to melee...

Nyx is my favorite Warframe... and I think it is allways very impolite to let a Nyx not finish her absorb... so why not? You come close to Nyxi? You die cause of Nyxi! ^_^

Because it wouldn't just hurt them, it would insta-kill them (a default absorb will do 800 damage without help if maxed)

yeah, but the developers have the power of influencing that damage... for examplet they could just take away your shield ONLY... not killing you or influencing your health. 

for example, absorb activated: everyone tries to kill the enemies that are attracted by absorb... so nyx is protecting her team members by only influencing their shild.. by decreasing it to 0.

so the players feel the value of that ability and not disrespecting the poor nyx ;-P

I never play nyx, but I feel that I am the only one, that holds back when shes activating absorb... 

That's what we needed in warframe! More griefing!

QUICK DE REBECCA, MEGAN ALL THE DEVS PUT YOUR COFFEE CUPS DOWN! WAKE UP! You must see this awesome idea!

An idea that is ABSOLUTELY 100% not flawed in anyway whatsoever. 10/10 Would read again and again and again...

DE should totally hire this guy! TOTALLY!

...this is an absolutely terrible idea.

And please tell me what would be the point of that?
Other than for the nyx to pop her absorb repeatedly near team-mates just to grief them by removing their shields in front of a few enemies so that they die quickly.
And how the eff would it "protect" her team mates?  It would only ever hurt them.

so nyx is protecting her team members by only influencing their shild.. by decreasing it to 0.

Reducing their shields to 0 is HURTING them.  Not protecting.

Your idea would serve absolutely no purpose.

As it is I can pop absorb right next to someone reviving a downed team mate and they are suddenly shielded from damage.
Removing all of their shields would make my action harmful.
How does that help in any way?

Edited by Tsukinoki

I intentionally get myself procced with Radiation so I can calmly mow down my other team-mates. Does that make it right to make our own radiation-based damage friendly fire because someone on your team is -close- to you?

Is it my squads fault for trying to play the game and get their own kills to level up their weapons so they stay close to me, not realizing I'm a d*ck who finds joy in their suffering? 

It's a team-based game YoungBlood, it sounds like you're upset people take all the kills for your absorb when the ult was never designed to be a Tap 4 to nuke the screen skill. It's something that takes time, time your squad is going to spend doing their job and cleaning up the surrounding enemies while you use Absorb to tank damage for the cryopod or MD terminal. 

What I really do not understand is why all these random ideas?

This + Castanas= Wiped group

:)   I like this idea

or.....

Remove "self harm", and only allow other players or enemies to feed absorb.

Edited by Tatersail

DECREASE everyones shields to ZERO. - in a very SMALL AREA around Absorb! NOT THE WHOLE affecting area!

Now, tell me WHY NOT?

Why not? i'm sorry, that not the question, the question is: WHY? Why would friendly fire be something remotely interesting in a coop game? Why removing all shield of everyone around you (in a small area) when Nyx's absorb can be used as a shield for your teammates which is part of the utility of that skill, amongst other things... WHY?

I'm sorry but that a BIG no from me, terrible idea that serve no purpose at all.