The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

So This New Destiny Game Looks Interesting... The End Of Warframe?

Cpt_Atroxium

It's a 3a game. It will be cool, but wont get updates.

Bungie has stated the contrary quite a few times. Destiny will have "constant content updates." It's an MMO, or at the very least MMO-flavored, a pseudo-MMO or whatever you prefer, even though they continue to refrain from using that term and made something up.

I mean, they intend for the game to last many years, after all. Their contract is, what, a decade long?

Edited by FatalX7

Like any new, anticipated game, it will drawn in players regardless of what system it's on. If people want to play it, they'll play it and the games they were playing previously will be played less. That's, you know, a given with video games.

However, that definitely won't stop people from playing Warframe. Some may play it less, but will come back. Plus, there are differences in gameplay that appeal to different people, or some may not be interested at all. Etc, etc.

However again, Warframe does need it's share of improvements that it's future relies heavily upon...

Whatever.

+1 The feeling is mutual upon this answer. And I might have gone overboard on the writing. because I see some people only see what they are being told... Not by connecting the dots upon this matter in general. 

I love creating some heated conversations. 

I share your concern, and I know you mean well with it. Warframe is quite special to me for too many reasons to list here, but let us just say it filled quite a large void in my gaming preferences. Sometimes I still contemplate everything it entails and represents, and say to myself, "God damn I'd play the hell out of that game.", and it already exists. It's an interesting thought exercise.

I'm sure Destiny will attract a large playerbase, but ultimately I don't think it will affect Warframe very much. The game has had years of hype behind it, and my opinion on hype is that it's great pre-release, but only hurts post-release. Players are primed and ready to find faults and reasons on why something didn't deliver on the hype, and the same will be true for Destiny as it is with every single other title.

So in your opinion, anything new and shiny will mean the end of previous games?

Something new comes out (watch dogs, destiny, rumors of a Halo 5, so on so forth...) and it means the end of Warframe?

Have you seen WoW? SWTOR?

Those games' graphics aren't that great but it still survived and still has a lot of players.

(Bad examples, but those examples prove my point)

If you have a feeling you might lose interest in Warframe because something new came out, then so be it. It just meant Warframe wasn't the game for you, or it couldn't hold your interest because of various reasons. But don't blame it on a new game coming out, being the cause of the death of this game.

Even I'll admit this game is slowly losing my interest. The only thing keeping me bound at the moment is a ghost of a clan that I'm in (my cousin's clan and I enjoy decorating/building up the dojo, since everything is researched, and I'm practically the only one on 98% of the time).

Just go and play around with other games. Perhaps the new ones that are coming out. I left this game for a couple months, but in the end I came back since this game does have potential, although it's taking a while to unlock it.

Edited by VoidWraith

You guys want in on a secret? Why I were concerned? Not by the game, not by any other game. But what made me jump into warframe, now is over there. And it's not warframe. Thats my concern. 

It's not comparing two different games that is here, it's comparing two different games that is so equal to one another that it migh make you think twice. 

You guys want in on a secret? Why I were concerned? Not by the game, not by any other game. But what made me jump into warframe, now is over there. And it's not warframe. Thats my concern. 

It's not comparing two different games that is here, it's comparing two different games that is so equal to one another that it migh make you think twice. 

Welp, I'm not sure how you see Warframe, because from where I'm standing, the two games you compared have absolutely nothing in common.

I wouldn't get my hopes COMPLETELY up.... If Destiny turns out like Titanfall, then I'd be completely disappointed. Yeah the multiplayer was fun and all (new games with good graphics and decent gameplay is always a plus) but the campaign mode (the story/lore) was completely disappointing.

I played it at my cousin's house. Played around with the multiplayer and then hopped on the single player.

I just closed the console the minute I completed the campaign. Even my cousin knew the story campaign was awful without playing it once he saw my disappointed look as I left his house.

Are you kidding me? The only series Destiny appears to be competing with is Halo. The similarities are obvious. 

But lets be honest, Destiny isn't going to kill Halo. Halo has built up a massive fanbase over the years, and even though Halo 4 alienated many of them(including me and most of the halo players I know), it's still too big to be toppled by a new IP. 

Edited by Plasmaface

Are you kidding me? The only series Destiny appears to be competing with is Halo. The similarities are obvious. 

But lets be honest, Destiny isn't going to kill Halo. Halo has built up a massive fanbase over the years, and even though Halo 4 alienated many of them(including me and most of the halo players I know), it's still too big to be toppled by a new IP. 

Well.... Destiny is from the creators of Halo. hah.........

Also some great replies, ones that even answers my whole post in one sentence. 

My expressions might not always be reflected the way I intended them to be. As I can see in some of the replies. But what I'd like to see, is warframe being futured upon how @(*()$ awesome it is. On that part, the game has become digged down in the pit with the rest of some of the amazing games out there.

I dont want to see that continue, I want to see the Tenno grow even more. None of my friends have heard about this game besides me harrasing them about how awesome this game is. You want to know why they dont want to play it? There are other games that grab their attention. But not only that, first player experience, I have more stuff than they do.

(I might also have harrased them on how awesome this game is, maybe thats why DE lays low on the promotion part of the game? They want to finish before the hype extend it's potential. Good example is u13...That  is a day I dont want to see again. The community did it, I did it to my friends. See the connection?)

And that demotivates a guy to play this game. Not only for friends, but the community. Just like how PS4 players look at themselfs as 2nd class citizen? Whats up with that? As a founder and a Veteran I dont see any as 2nd class citizen. Im only here to help. And with this post, it seems we get quite some different point of views, witch is great for DE to look over and if they share the "feel" upon the concern then thats either good or bad. Because out of this, they might have something to go on with some future investments. 

No. While I am personally excited to get my hands on Destiny and I'm sure it'll be a fine game, I can't imagine why it would have any significant impact on Warframe's playerbase.

First and foremost, the bulk of Warframe's base is on PC while Destiny is on last and current-gen consoles. You could probably make a semi-decent argument as it to having an impact on PS4's playerbase, but Destiny costs $60. Warframe is free. While Bungie's pedigree and Activision's marketing dollars will go a long way in Destiny's success, Warframe will always have a slight edge in terms of accessibilty in that it costs literally nothing to jump in and play.

Not to mention one is an fps, the other is a 3rd person action game and a few other key differences. There is plenty of room for both games to coexist. Honestly, at this point, the biggest danger to Warframe is itself. I question just how long they can keep releasing new frames and simply revising modes before it gets old.

Edited by BabyChooChoo