Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

So Apparently Helios Actually Works Now :d

AlakiNuva

So Helios had those bugfixes the other day so that it actually registered what rank its scanning mod was at.  Didn't realize the significance until just a few minutes ago, where I took my Helios into a Phorid assassination and it scanned a Lobber Crawler for me before I even noticed it was there (and almost certainly faster than I'd be able to scan it myself).  Looks like it's time to move Helios from the "nearly useless" category to the "holy crap all of my yes" category.  :P

(Apologies if I'm late to the party, by the by.  Haven't seen any topics about this yet, so I figured I might as well make one myself.)

You mean helios will only scan targets that arent fully scaned?

Most of the time yes but it does bug out sometimes and it will scan stuff that does not have a codex entry yet like the breakable fans in the asteroid tileset.

Helios wont attack in dark sectors conflicts.

Helios will scan anything even if you got something fully scaned in solo missions. 

So.... i guess its far from being fixed...

The bug with it re-scanning stuff that's fully scanned happens after you use one of your self-revives.

Better late than never I guess?

Not only he takes 2 seconds to scan now, Helios also filters enemies that are already finished in your codex and goes for the ones not completed.

On the other side Investigator doesn't work for clients, so he's pretty much useless for me. I really hope it will be fixed in tomorrow's patch.

Helios wont attack in dark sectors conflicts.
Helios will scan anything even if you got something fully scaned in solo missions. 

So.... i guess its far from being fixed...

As I said above for me he didn't scan once enemies or things I've already completed.

Basically I had light infested units completed and he skipped them going for the eximus or crawlers, the more rare ones.

Only using a revive he starts to scan the same things I think.

Edited by CookingFood

I'm gonna miss my x-ray vision, though. My main gripe with the Helios fix is that he only highlights one enemy at a time now (rather than all of them a short distance from where he's looking)...

Goodbye, x-ray vision. It was fun while it lasted.

Edited by SortaRandom

Just finished testing helios. It does seem to be working much better, on pc anyway. I would be  happy with a 5ms faster scan speed, but its definatly better than it was before. at least now its actually usable.

My helio still keeps scanning everything (as in items that do not have a codex entry yet... is there a limit to those just hidden?) and for enemies it does scan it does it pretty slowly still. 

Screenshot your mod loadout for Helios.

Hm, max rank investigator and it's in the first slot, that should have good performance... when you're the host.

Mine only takes like ~3 seconds to finish scanning an enemy, which is much less than the ~7 or so before.

Hm, max rank investigator and it's in the first slot, that should have good performance... when you're the host.

Mine only takes like ~3 seconds to finish scanning an enemy, which is much less than the ~7 or so before.

It's 2 second with a maxed Investigator. The time obviously resets if Helios loses the line of sight i.e walking behind a wall.

Just tried it and my Helios still scans everything even if the codex entry is complete. And it's not a loadout problem.

I see this happen in two cases.

1 - You die and use a revive.  Helios forgets the limits.  This may also apply to your normal codex scanner.

2 - Things tht can be scanned but have no entry like fans.

I see this happen in two cases.

1 - You die and use a revive.  Helios forgets the limits.  This may also apply to your normal codex scanner.

2 - Things tht can be scanned but have no entry like fans.

It was on Lares. 1) I didn't die. 2) it was the lowest grineer enemy type (don't know their names)  EDIT: Lancer

EDIT2: the entry even says SCANS: 25/20

Edited by SilentCircle