Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

It's Hard To Believe That The Tenno Needs Air.

Goosmo

When you break a window in a corpus ship, all the air get's sucked out and you need oxygen. But when you are under the extraction ship while in space, you apparently don't need it.

I don't get it...

when on the extration ship you could easely get sonme oxygen tubes connect to your suit from the back.

Extra: about breaking ships windows, it could also be the pressure of no gravity vs gravity

Edited by Endrance

It's simply a game design function, not really a logical one. Although I think depressurization would be a bigger issue than the lack of oxygen; frames are supposed to be biomechanical constructs, would stand to reason they're not vacuum-proof.

when on the extration ship you could easely get sonme oxygen tubes connect to your suit from the back.

Extra: about breaking ships windows, it could also be the pressure of no gravity vs gravity.

You can't see any tubes before you enter the ship.

In survival, it's draining all the oxygen. So that's understandable.

When it's a window, it's not the lack of air, but the raw vacuum of space.

I'm not talking about survival, and it sounds like the air is getting sucked out when breaking the window

If you look closely during extraction, a door shuts over your Tenno as it departs, thus sealing off from the vacuum of space and likely pressurizing with air.

Indeed, it's much more noticeable when you arrive on a planetary mission.

If you look closely during extraction, a door shuts over your Tenno as it departs, thus sealing off from the vacuum of space and likely pressurizing with air.

It's much easier to see if you record it and then zoom in 

Nowhere in the game does it say oxygen, only life support.

Tenno could all have space diabetes, and life support could be snacks and the Lotus sending out pods full of insulin.

I can't cite anything right now but I am 98% sure it is referred to as oxygen somewhere.

The description of the survival weekend event said this:

As your enemies advance they will attempt to cut off life support to the sector by draining the ship’s oxygen supply by the second. Fear not, the Lotus will drop supplemental oxygen supplies to buy you time. Enemies also carry personal oxygen supplies that drop as you eliminate them and will help replenish the sector’s oxygen level.

source: https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/100322-survival-weekend/

Edited by VegetableBasket

I can't cite anything right now but I am 98% sure it is referred to as oxygen somewhere.

The description of the survival weekend event said this:

As your enemies advance they will attempt to cut off life support to the sector by draining the ship’s oxygen supply by the second. Fear not, the Lotus will drop supplemental oxygen supplies to buy you time. Enemies also carry personal oxygen supplies that drop as you eliminate them and will help replenish the sector’s oxygen level.

Lotus called it oxygen in the survival event.

The issue when a window is broken is not the air (the Tenno already have life support tanks that give them half a minute of air), but the vacuum of space being in direct contact with your Frame. As PsychedelicSnake said, a door closes over your Tenno when you extract, so there's not much time for them to be exposed to the vacuum.

You can't see any tubes before you enter the ship.

There are some plug looking things on the extraction ship, they might stab into you matrix style or something.

http://i.imgur.com/kDHv0nT.jpg you can kind of see them here.

The fact that everyone in the game can stand on firm ground when there is a hull breach is a bit ridiculous, but I'm not enough of a space nerd to justify that statement. I am just pretty sure it would be an insanely intense force that crewman and crawlers and so on would not be able to withstand.

Edited by VegetableBasket

Yeah. Me and a friend got quite worked up about it.

HOW THE HELL DO YOU SHUT OFF LIFE SUPPORT WHEN WE ARE LITERALLY SURROUNDED BY TREES?

The earth based ones are the release of the cicero toxin (or atleast should be). 

Lets face it the life support depletion is a crappy idea to simply make you move around, many other ideas could of been used instead.  I mean its not like the grineer or corpus themselves (that you are killing) would be happy aobut the loss of life support either.

Edited by Loswaith

There are some plug looking things on the extraction ship, they might stab into you matrix style or something.

http://i.imgur.com/kDHv0nT.jpg you can kind of see them here.

The fact that everyone in the game can stand on firm ground when there is a hull breach is a bit ridiculous, but I'm not enough of a space nerd to justify that statement. I am just pretty sure it would be an insanely intense force that crewman and crawlers and so on would not be able to withstand.

Contrary to popular belief, decompression isn't explosive enough to suck someone out. Sure, you may get a bit buffeted by the wind currents, but it wouldn't be enough to knock you off your feet.

The earth based ones are the release of the cicero toxin (or atleast should be). 

Lets face it the life support depletion is a crappy idea to simply make you move around, many other ideas could of been used instead.

Except the Cicero Toxin is for the trees, not the Tenno.

Except the Cicero Toxin is for the trees, not the Tenno.

Which create the oxygen for tenno to breath.  It's quite possible the toxin is just as bad for tenno as it is for the trees to though.

Edited by Loswaith

Which create the oxygen for tenno to breath.  It's quite possible the toxin is just as bad for tenno as it is for the trees to though.

But the trees dying wouldn't cause an oxygen shortage with the immediacy that the Survival missions show.

On top of that, Tenno teams routinely sabotage their injectors. I very much doubt that the Cicero Toxin is the cause.