Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

What's The Next Frame Gonna Be?

Deidaku

Rhino is not "earth frame".

However, an earth elemental frame is the only thing left from the design council "which frame next" vote. So that would make sense.

Rhino is Blast Frame.

He does Blast damage. Maybe Earth damage will be included?

Also I heard rumors that this frame will be called Sceptor or something like that.

fools

Avatar___Toph_Bei_Fong_by_GENZOMAN.jpg

Hot.

Edited by Zarozian

........ Zephyr was inspired by a fan-art, and she is, so far, the most detailed looking Warframe

For the enlightenment of all...

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/187402-the-most-badass-ever-in-warframe/

I thought Zeph was based off of a user idea. They even gave the U12 pack to the guy free.

What the other guy is talking about is how different the actual Zephyr design is compared to the fan-art, and how he likes the design from the fan-art more. Personally I agree with him and feel the fan-art was much better.

warframe___zephyr_concept_by_liger_inuzu

Edited by Sasquatch180

The only thing the Tenno did was distract Phorid for 1 second, the moment he looked away........ Prodman struck, Phorid didnt stand a chance, the Tenno..... could only watch the carnage, and see Prodman as he went off in the distance  after defeating the beast.

Actually, we didn't. We kinda tried to shoot at it while he was pounding its faces in. He was off down the steps before I was even close to them, and I was ahead of the rest of the squad.

I saw him half way across the room to the boss and was like "well, that dude's dead". Little did I know...

EDIT: For those that do not know: https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/187402-the-most-badass-ever-in-warframe/

Edited by Llyssa

I was actually hoping for themed frames coming from each clantek lab, at least before the tenno lab came to be. A high-armor, slow, heavy weapons frame with internal firepower for it's abilities from the grineer lab. A vauban-esque frame that instead summoned drones and relied on deep shields from the corpus. A fast, brutal frame with extreme mobility and reach from the infested. The idea of a walking tank from the grineer labs was, in particular, something I wanted to see. Can always dream, at least.

Why do people keep saying "Typhus"?

They want that fan concept, which is a bad male version of saryn having spells borrowed to a large variety of already existing warframes. The only redeeming quality of this thing is the artwork. I don't get why people want that, this is very uninaginative and would be an underwhelming addition to the game. There's already Saryn for a viral/poison themed warframe. Maybe because DE didn't leak any exciting and serious warframe concept.

Edited by sixmille

The next frame can't be Typhus unless DE made the concept a female frame like with Zephyr. So for a true Typhus, you'd have to wait until U15 or U14.5.

Say hello to Typhis. So yeah, Red did make a female version, he may even like it better than the original male version. Either way, DE has no way of not including Typhus/Typhis in U14.

warframe___female_typhus_2_0_by_redskitt

if we're going to have an earth frame one of its powers should be the Desertification.

Desertification envelops an enemy in sand and transforms the enemy into a sand golem . The enemy loses all guns but gains a special sand attack. The sand golem recieves less damage from bullets. The sand can also create other sand golems if the sand golem does X percent damage to an enemy which is converted into a sand golem. 

They want that fan concept, which is a bad male version of saryn having spells borrowed to a large variety of already existing warframes. The only redeeming quality of this thing is the artwork. I don't get why people want that, this is very uninaginative and would be an underwhelming addition to the game. There's already Saryn for a viral/poison themed warframe. Maybe because DE didn't leak any exciting and serious warframe concept.

He and Saryn don't share a similar theme or look alike at all, and most of the abilities are fairly original.

I'd personally dig a light based frame... but it's hard to really say what kind of powers such a thing wouldLASERS

Laserslaserslaserslaserslasers.  And more lasers.

Stone/Rock frame sounds good too, but I do like lasers.  Oooooh, gem frame, lasers and rocks all in one.  I'm pleased with my own brilliant and largely unoriginal idea.

He and Saryn don't share a similar theme or look alike at all, and most of the abilities are fairly original.

Then you should take a look at DE's saryn video. This is extremely similar, the only difference is the look, and yes the fan concept is better but that's its only redeeming quality. If you take a close look at the spells you'll see a clone of: Valkyr's rip line, oberon (the "toxic aura" thing), and the ulti should be a saryn'd themed hydroid thing. Yawn. Already have that in game. If the only point is having the same spells with different animations and skins then no thanks. Adding this concept without chaning everything but the look would be a very weak and if I may, lazy addition to the game. This artwork would be better used for an offensive nerkos with completely new mechanics.

Then you should take a look at DE's saryn video. This is extremely similar, the only difference is the look, and yes the fan concept is better but that's its only redeeming quality. If you take a close look at the spells you'll see a clone of: Valkyr's rip line, oberon (the "toxic aura" thing), and the ulti should be a saryn'd themed hydroid thing. Yawn. Already have that in game. If the only point is having the same spells with different animations and skins then no thanks. Adding this concept without chaning everything but the look would be a very weak and if I may, lazy addition to the game. This artwork would be better used for an offensive nerkos with completely new mechanics.

It sounds brutal but I agree. I've never been able to find the words to say it lightly, but I suppose there really isn't a way.

Typhus is art, a series of excellent and very professional pieces of misplaced talent. Typhus is not the next warframe.

The artist should be getting paid for work like that, but the functional design is being overlooked, or having exceptions made for it because of the pictures.

Look at the Enemies of the Tenno competitions. The most upvoted concepts were the ones with the nicest looking art, even if people would never in a thousand years actually enjoy fighting them. That's what people respond to here, is the aesthetic, which DE still has total control over, as was proved by Zephyr.

I'd honestly like frame design to shift from thematic "elementals" to a combat efficiency focus - so that the skills and function come first and the aesthetic is designed around it. Hydroid was a good balance between the two - water based, but can also shut down entire groups with any one of his powers. More than anything I'd like to see a true tank frame, as in, one which can draw aggro and actually survive damage at high levels.