The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Has *anybody* Gotten Gleaming Talon As A Drop?

[DE]Momaw

stop looking for it and RNGesus will smile down on you OP.

^ What this guy said. If you're looking for something in particular RNGesus knows this. Therefore, you must outsmart him by simply not looking for it. I did stumble upon my first one doing Xini at wave 10, but we ended up failing the mission. Many tears were had.

After farming for it a couple days on and off I then gave up. Then I get Gleaming Talon from Xini wave 4 while leveling my Banshee for fun. Funny how that works.

So... if I stop trying to find it, and just play some good old ODD, RNGesus will give it to me?

Maybe, I got my as a random drop when I'm not farming for it. Same thing with Tranquil Cleave.

My issue with Gleaming Talon is that Leech Ospreys are too rare to be a "play some random corpus map and I might get it.", which is what DE envisioned the stances to be.

If my options come down to paying somebody 100 platinum in trade, or not having the mod, then I will not have the mod.  Paying somebody real money because they rolled the perfect result on a die before you did seems awfully foolish.

I've seen it drop once on Xini after I spent hours farming.  A friend of mine also got one there.  The mod does drop, just at a really terrible chance.  Rare spawn + rare drop = double fail.

Like it's been said, just go about your business and the game will cough one up for you eventually.  Or the price in trade will fall enough for you to buy one.

Patience is a virtue as well as the only thing RNG seems to respect.

I've gotten 3 since U13.

Now, with me being super-uber nice, I gave 2 away for free to the public to get it in circulation.

I still have my third, and I don't even use my Glaive/Glaive Prime, so I have no use for it.

And no, you can't have it. I never give away my one copy of things.

I have not started farming Gleaming yet as I have been running Cupid - Uranus for Gnashing Payara or Jagged edge for 2 weeks straight now. I use Nekros and split every Elite Crewman I see in two so I can desecrate them twice. I always go either 30-35 minutes depending on what team I got. They drop absolutely everything in their loot table EXCEPT the 2 rares.

Fusion Core

Rip Line

Fury

Infected Clip

No return

I would really like to know the drop rates for those two rares because they must be abysmal. It is really starting to do my head in. I have all void parts and most mods in the game, and I have never fallen for the temptation to buy anything. All aquired via trade or farming. Gnashing Paraya is the first I'm actually considering buying. Jagged edge I luckily have as that actually dropped for me a long time ago. Leech Ospray also spawn on Cupid but safe to say I have not seen Gleaming Talon either.

What I really don't understand is DE introducing a new and exciting game mechanic with Melee 2.0 and then proceed to make some of the tools for that mechanic close to impossible to aquire behind a insane wall of RNG. It really is starting to put me off Warframe a bit and that clearly is not a good thing.