Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

"we Want To Reduce The Grind."

Sasquatchias

Hey they could add a 50%+ extra exp requirement on items everytime you forma.

-expand the weapons by upgrading them for tiny stat boosts with a chance to fail

-Introduce a token system with daily rewards for completing 1 of every type of mission

-add a token shop to exchange so we can atleast pace our grind and spread it out over the course of a month. Rather than rush through it all in a day

Theres plenty of free to play games around that have found ways of making grindless gameplay that prolongs the games life. This game seems to be cluesless though where everything is behind 3-5 different grind walls.

Digital Extremes need some fresh and new alternatives..

I wanna have something to show for the time i've put into the game at the end of the day. All these grind walls and RNG resources/bosses are just robbing time.

The grind has been decreased significantly in the last year. I remember farming for three days just to get all Ash's parts. It was back when a warframe blueprint was still a drop and not a guaranteed reward. And when you actually get a part, there was a high chance that it was not what you were looking for.

There was a time when one actually needed to farm for rubedo, but now I get so much that I don't know what to do with it. My brother also bought a control module with platinum once, but now we get 2+ control modules on most void missions.

Mod drops are also a lot more common now. There was a time when players will mark every single mod drop because that was just how rare they were. 

For a game like warframe, grinding is necessary. The backbone of the game is the foundry and most players play to acquire new weapons and warframes. If there was no grinding and I can easily acquire everything I need in a week or two, I would probably never touch the game again. 

Thinking back, here's what the did:

Alloy plates, control modules, and rubedo to some extent drop in higher quantities

Warframes are way easier to get, generally

Trading of course where relevant

Dark Sectors featuring buffed drop rates

Now that's not to say they didn't increase the grind as well in other parts of the game.

But grind IS replay value. If it weren't big part of player base would have left already cause there's not much else besides grind...

A big part have left, gone on hiatus, burnt out, or now are about half as active as they used to be. 

The reason is almost unanimous - grindy repetitive gameplay with arbitary RNG rewards may extend gameplay - but it does so in the most boring way possible, and there are other more interesting things out there to play right now. 

Please show me where DE has ever said that, because I have no recollection of a DE employee saying any such thing.

I logged basically everything DE has ever said on a stream, so hopefully me saying that is a little bit more meaningful

Unfortunately your memory completely fails you on this part.

I remember it. Like many other players here it's burned into our minds and we've referred to it many times. Everytime we get a new grindy update I hear those words echo in my mind, thinking 'Yeah, good job there' and I doubt I'm alone in that. I'm not sure how you missed it.

Edited by Naith

But grind IS replay value. If it weren't big part of player base would have left already cause there's not much else besides grind...

no it isnt.

satisfying gameplay = replay value

tedious gameplay = grind

since the game has virtually no challenge, the gameplay is ulimately very shallow and unrewarding.

if i get an item and dont feel like i actually worked for it, then it will feel like a grind. this is particularly the case since the only thing that truly stops us from obtaining anything is usually RNG, instead of actual gear and skill requirements

That is the core of the problem. The 'game' part of the game can't stand on its own two feet. As the lady/gentleman above me put it, it's ultimately shallow and unrewarding.

Besides, I figured we all knew by now why more grind and RNG is added: it's a delaying mechanism excused as 'content' at best.

With every update, there's a surge in the concurrent players count, and then it slowly falls off again. More RNG means at least some of the more dogged players will persist playing for longer, since they want the new shinies. Case in point, Argon; you can't stockpile it. Every time a new Argon-based weapon is released (And mark my words, there will be a few), you have to go grind in the Void (Unless you lack Void keys, in which case you have to grind for those too). On top of that, higher RNG/grind walls mean that more players might be likely to just say "F*** this" and buy the new toys off the market.

This is a problem Warframe has had for a long time now, and I don't see it being cast aside soon. The consequences of this kind of strategy are evident, and I won't elaborate.

Edited by SilentCynic

^Pretty much the reason I'm looking to get out of Warframe. No closure.