Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

My Thoughts On The Alad V Alerts:

Morec0

Wait I have a feeling. Maybe Alad V died like in the trailer by being thrown out of the window and that's how he's suppose to die in the lore probably. And since we're constantly in the air and have never seen Jupiter's surface. Maybe there's Infested on the surface of Jupiter but the Corpus don't know it. Maybe Alad somehow got a way to corrupt some of the Corpus ships on Jupiter

Wait I have a feeling. Maybe Alad V died like in the trailer by being thrown out of the window and that's how he's suppose to die in the lore probably. And since we're constantly in the air and have never seen Jupiter's surface. Maybe there's Infested on the surface of Jupiter but the Corpus don't know it. Maybe Alad somehow got a way to corrupt some of the Corpus ships on Jupiter

Jupiter is a giant gas giant...

Gonna' have to get ready to chop a whole ton of infested.

Personally I'm pretty excited, I can't wait to see what happens next! Though I'm curious if the Corpus are going to catch onto this, or at least the board, unless Alad V isn't all that independent as I thought...

I still don't see any infested sinew on him. It's mostly on the background, and the fact that it's on the background doesn't confirm that it's affecting him (though I'd suggest he tread carefully with that infested sinew from such a close proximity without protection of any kind...).

I'm not saying the theory is wrong, but that this doesn't confirm it yet. I also hope Alad V isn't transformed into a monstrosity, which IMO would waste some potential from him as well as the potential for DE to introduce/develop other characters besides the ones they already did.

So I'd prefer if it was just an experiment, but not on himself. We'll see~

EDIT: Thanks for the correction in the following post. You guys were right.

Edited by Casardis

I still don't see any infested sinew on him. It's mostly on the background, and the fact that it's on the background doesn't confirm that it's affecting him (though I'd suggest he tread carefully with that infested sinew from such a close proximity without protection of any kind...).

I'm not saying the theory is wrong, but that this doesn't confirm it yet. I also hope Alad V isn't transformed into a monstrosity, which IMO would waste some potential from him as well as the potential for DE to introduce/develop other characters besides the ones they already did.

So I'd prefer if it was just an experiment, but not on himself. We'll see~

What infested parts?

45658a316e.jpg

Do you mean the thingy surrounding his neck?

That's not his regular collar:

http://img2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20140110020512/warframe/images/5/5f/DEAlad_V.png

Just compare the two. 

Also, if his head was lowered a bit more, it looks like he has something growing out of the top of his head (to me, at least, may have been the background).

Link? I don't remember that...

I can't remember which livestream it was...

But here's the concept art.

ZPPsy8Z.jpg

Edit: Okay, I was mistaken. It wasn't on a livestream. It's in a Design Council thread... Oops. XD Oh well. It was already leaked to Reddit, so... Enjoy!

Edited by Braken

http://img2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20140110020512/warframe/images/5/5f/DEAlad_V.png

Just compare the two. 

Also, if his head was lowered a bit more, it looks like he has something growing out of the top of his head (to me, at least, may have been the background).

I think thats just his tall hat

I am going to have to kill the idea he died in the trailer... Infact I think Alad V. is fully capable of unleashing the power of the infested at any time. My theory is DE hinted at this in the trailer... He became infested before his boss fight.

at 3:39

His voice begins to morph, and for some reason he had the courage to take on us Tenno "Alone". Why would he say something like "The void will devour you" all of a sudden? He had no corpus proxies around him. His Zanuka was dead... What was he going to do? My theory that if Mag hadnt thrown him out the window we would have found out a darker side to Alad V..

I am going to have to kill the idea he died in the trailer... Infact I think Alad V. is fully capable of unleashing the power of the infested at any time. My theory is DE hinted at this in the trailer... He became infested before his boss fight.

His voice begins to morph, and for some reason he had the courage to take on us Tenno "Alone". Why would he say something like "The void will devour you" all of a sudden? He had no corpus proxies around him. His Zanuka was dead... What was he going to do? My theory that if Mag hadnt thrown him out the window we would have found out a darker side to Alad V..

I think that he was infested before the fight as well (dormant J3 Technocyte strain, as I said) but that's an interesting theory about his voice chance. I was just thinking that he had his throat damaged when he got glaived in the neck (at about 3:01 ) and that he was going to unleash some powerful weapon he'd have in reserve (like the "Solar Flair" attack he preforms to blind us) that would take us out, but also destroy him (hence why he hadn't used it before).

I think that he was infested before the fight as well (dormant J3 Technocyte strain, as I said) but that's an interesting theory about his voice chance. I was just thinking that he had his throat damaged when he got glaived in the neck (at about 3:01 ) and that he was going to unleash some powerful weapon he'd have in reserve (like the "Solar Flair" attack he preforms to blind us) that would take us out, but also destroy him (hence why he hadn't used it before).

Alad V. isnt a robot. DE said the Corpus don't believe in body modification such as being like the Grineer with the majority of their body being machine. Infact all the Corpus look like pure humans with markings placed on their face possibly due to rank, or the indoctrinating. Even if you had a collar around your neck, and I hit you there your voice wouldnt be morphing in a scary fashion like you were about to turn into the devil himself, and start spouting nonsense like "I am your reaper" or something spooky like that.

Hmm well that makes some pretty good sense, well there goes my time. I like how DE is going, Vor is a Grineer+Orokin. Alad is Corpus+Infested.

Alad V. isnt a robot. DE said the Corpus don't believe in body modification such as being like the Grineer with the majority of their body being machine. Infact all the Corpus look like pure humans with markings placed on their face possibly due to rank, or the indoctrinating. Even if you had a collar around your neck, and I hit you there your voice wouldnt be morphing in a scary fashion like you were about to turn into the devil himself, and start spouting nonsense like "I am your reaper" or something spooky like that.

Point... But that doesn't account for why he (and all Corpus) talk the way they do (modified or not, Alad talks with an echo even when not speaking over a computer). Besides, if you got punched in the throat you yourself wouldn't talk all that normally for a while - modifications have nothing to do with it. Maybe it was the collar altering his voice, but then maybe it was just the collar's software malfunctioning as after it was damaged?

Just compare the two. 

You are right. After the fix, you can clearly see the sinew on him now.

Thanks for the correction.

Point... But that doesn't account for why he (and all Corpus) talk the way they do (modified or not, Alad talks with an echo even when not speaking over a computer). Besides, if you got punched in the throat you yourself wouldn't talk all that normally for a while - modifications have nothing to do with it. Maybe it was the collar altering his voice, but then maybe it was just the collar's software malfunctioning as after it was damaged?

Could be like an accent meant to add to the atmosphere.

I hope we see him get more infested as the weekend progresses!

Could be like an accent meant to add to the atmosphere.

I hope we see him get more infested as the weekend progresses!

Aye, may be over-thinking it, but I'm still betting the change is voice is just a result of gettin' hit in the throat (if it does end up tying back to his possible pre-death Infestation, though, I wont call foul).

Also, just noticed: is it just me or is Alad more... pale than he was before?