Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Bring Back Proto Excalibur, Please?

SaberStorm

This is your first post? Not the best introduction to the forums.

You hear that OP? You're not living up to NIXYNIYXNIX's standards. :(

Much like the glorious Limited-Time Wonderfully Barbecued ©McRib Sandwhich, so too shall the proto-skin return.

Edited by Charismo

I rushed out and bought plats (non discounted) when I saw it was being released.

And now you want it to be rereleased after you managed to scrape together 150 plats from selling your tranquil cleave/rhino prime set/gleaming talon/crimson dervish?

Heck no. I rushed out and bought plats so that I could afford it before the time period ends.

If I knew it was coming back, I would have waited instead of rushing out and buy plats.

It would be indeed a slap in the face for players like me who rushed out and buy plats to afford the skin if DE decides to reintroduce the skin into the marketplace.

It should stay exclusive like the phased asa syandana since it is only a cosmetics item.

I doubt they'll return it next anniversary, like earlier mentioned it would be a slap in the face for some, if not everyone that bought it.

Most likely they'll introduce some new skin, possibly the Nemesis skin for Nyx.

Only time will tell though.

I rushed out and bought plats (non discounted) when I saw it was being released.

And now you want it to be rereleased after you managed to scrape together 150 plats from selling your tranquil cleave/rhino prime set/gleaming talon/crimson dervish?

Heck no. I rushed out and bought plats so that I could afford it before the time period ends.

If I knew it was coming back, I would have waited instead of rushing out and buy plats.

It would be indeed a slap in the face for players like me who rushed out and buy plats to afford the skin if DE decides to reintroduce the skin into the marketplace.

It should stay exclusive like the phased asa syandana since it is only a cosmetics item.

Well, you didn't have to do that, nor would it being made available again devalue your purchase, unless you the only reason you bought it was to say "got mine, screw you." It was also never advertised as an exclusive item. So your mistake I guess?

The phased asa syandana, along with the other phased skins, can still be easily bought on the steam market. 

Edited by Charismo

Well, you didn't have to do that, nor would it being made available again devalue your purchase, unless you the only reason you bought it was to say "got mine, screw you." It was also never advertised as an exclusive item. So your mistake I guess?

I bought this skin for three reasons:

1) It looks cool.

2) I would provide respect for developers.

3) I wanted to get the memo, "I was on the millennium of the Warframe."

And i definitly don't wanna lose my reasons №2 and №3.

Edited by letir

pretty sure you missed out.. and to whoever said the Dex Furies are coming back... why would the one year anniversary item come back... at anyime that is not the one year anniversary?

so confuzzled

Edited by Kartumterek

Sorry, it was a limited time item.

"Available for a limited time only" "limited time skin"

See: https://warframe.com/news/tenno-reinforcements-19

That time's been up. So most likely due to the wording here, it's going to be exclusive.

Moutain Dew Game Fuel is limited time only but they still come out with one of those every so often. Limited time doesn't mean limited to the first time it's available. I would guess it will be rereleased at some point.

i Believe they will bring it back , i did get it the first time around its an excellent skin pays homage to the past and future of DE and their star Knight in shining armor, now if they re-introduced excalibur prime , that would not be very nice to the investing founders =)

Edited by --SAiNT--

It was a LIMITED  TIME to buy  for  one year  anniversary .

next they will have something else sorry.

I was not around for founder stuff but I am not upset about it  they were  here for the beta and earned it . just  like some of us was here to earn proto armor not trying to be mean but i hope they don't bring it back

It may not return next year that's for sure.

But since it's "limited-time" as implied it could show up 3+ years from now where there would likely be something far better available unless you have an absolute deep passion for this Proto Excal Skin alone.

Hopefully next year (along with a Nemesis skin for Nyx).

NEMESIS YES.

YES I LIKE THIS.

As someone who bought a proto skin with plat, I wouldn't mind if they made them available to those who own Dark Sector on steam.

Honestly I think that would have been the better option to begin with, that way the people who know what it is can get it, and those who don't are encouraged to check a bit of warframe lore out, and can still get the skin. I don't know if you could do it in the code, but if you had it so that when you beat dark sector it gave you the skin, that'd be hella rad.

I'd much rather have a proto skin for a character that isn't boring. 

Neato, but the fact is that if you play the games and follow the lore, Hayden was the first Tenno (Hayden Tenno, duh), and Excalibur was the first Warframe. it would make no sense lore-wise for it to be any different. At the very least the Proto Armor was visual inspiration for Excalibur, meaning that it would be dumb to put it on any other frame.

So...I'm all for re-releasing the skin and all, but I mean...Can't we older users that weren't able to get Founders have *Something* to call precious, and call our own for once? I mean quite literally, it's a skin. It's not like "Oh, This skin gives me 50% Dmg Reduction" or something.

All subject to DE's discretion and whatnot, but I would like to have one thing that I could look back on and say: "I've been here for a long time.", besides for a pretty badge.

Now before you start calling me all sorts of names here, I'm all for the Cicero / Tethra set being rereleased, even if I took part in those events, because that's something that changes a stat in-game, and shouldn't be held back.