Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Thoughts On Releasing The Aklato Prime And Dual Skana Prime [Please Be Civil And Constructive]

Mesyra

They care for the appearance AND name. That's why they won't accept anything that doesn't look like these weapons or is named differently.

Again, you guys, list out your compromises.

The "Dex Skana" thing from hours ago.

You probably already HAVE gotten this weapon (you just didn't realize it).....and it wasn't enough for you.  You want the name.  My argument stands.

I want an aklato prime because i liked the aklato and am currently liking the braton prime enough to potato it and keep it

I dont want your name or anything the founders were promised at this time

I do however want a prime variant of a weapon i liked

I go to college in Montana and this past winter was one of the coldest one's in the past 2 decades. They actually closed the school for a few days due to a particularly bad blizzard - something that they haven't done in recent memory for most. What's ironic is that the international climate change conference was held right here on my campus. It's climate change - not global warming. Next time back up your hasty generalizations with facts and figures.

You dont get a joke when you see one do you?

Id be happy with this

Edited by Azawarau

And where was the universal condemnation of this idea? Because I have no problem with that. That in fact is having both a model/texture AND a name change, and I've seen nothing but that be shut down.

Edited by AntoineFlemming

They want the same appearance. As has been said, these weapons aren't the same without the appearance and the name. They want the appearance and the name.

Well how about we just give them the name, but a different appearance? I mean, that's the best we could do for releasing dual variants of the weapons.

Founders want to to keep the appearance

Freeloaders want the name, and appearance.

Edited by Mikovsky

And where was the universal condemnation of this idea? Because I have no problem with that. That in fact is having both a model/texture AND a name change, and I've seen nothing but that be shut down.

Youre against prime but not dex ?

Is this really just an issue of pettiness

Well how about we just give them the name, but a different appearance? I mean, that's the best we could do for releasing dual variants of the weapons.

We're going in circles. That has been suggested and it's been turned down. I'm all for this. But it just got shut down as a non-possibility.

Youre against prime but not dex ?

Is this really just an issue of pettiness

NO. I have repeatedly said that a compromise is to have the name but a different look. Dex would be a different look. Prime with the default model, and typical gold texture, would be fine, and I've said this before. What I don't want is an Aklato Prime that is nothing more than the Lato Prime (with same model and texture) in both hands. What I don't want is a Dual Skana Prime that is nothing more than the Skana Prime in each hand.

They care for the appearance AND name. That's why they won't accept anything that doesn't look like these weapons or is named differently.

Again, you guys, list out your compromises.

Antoine is right about this. Even if the minority currently debating in this forsaken thread would ever come to a compromise there would still be a truckload of existing and future players out there to find a reason to ask why they are not called the same or why they don't look the same. There would still be people with "Why?" "What?" "Want!" attitude.

Renamed Dex versions with different skin and whatnot won't change that... that's a temporary solution that only makes people happy currently involved in this idea but won't be adapted by future generations of players not knowing about this agreement.

What we need is something future proove. And therefore same name, same model so there's no reason to ever argue about that topic again. Either that, or a clear "No" from DE.

Edited by MeduSalem

NO. I have repeatedly said that a compromise is to have the name but a different look. Dex would be a different look. Prime with the default model, and typical gold texture, would be fine, and I've said this before. What I don't want is an Aklato Prime that is nothing more than the Lato Prime (with same model and texture) in both hands. What I don't want is a Dual Skana Prime that is nothing more than the Skana Prime in each hand.

That wont sit too well

How about same name and look but founders get the weapon free and an exclusive skin for it

Several times during this topic alone, I've had to defend my attempts at brokering a compromise--any compromise at all.

Especially when I told people I was trying to equalise Mastery.

I would find implementation of this pretty offensive to the efforts of the founders and the program. I'm not completely agaisnt it, but I would not want hte weapons to make the singular versions completely obselete.

Instead I suggest making the founder equipment tradeable.

This reminds me of DCUniverse and how there was an uproar about it suddenly becoming free-to-play, mostly from the people who had bought subscriptions.

My view on the subject is that the idea of founder-exclusive items is a terrible one to begin with. There should never be content in a game that can't be obtained by the players just because they happened to join after certain events have passed. For them, this is essentially the same as having a game that's incomplete, because there is content they do not have access to for reasons beyond their control. It's not fair.

A better idea would have been for Founders to receive free hats and T-shirts. Heck, they can still do this if they choose to release founders-exclusive game content to the public. All the currently known founders should get free t-shirts and hats.

EDIT: I have been informed that founders did, in fact, receive free apparel items. In which case, what's the big deal?

Personally, I don't really care about anything with the words "Lato" and "Skana" in them, because, really... those were the two absolute worst weapons in the entire game. Priming and doubling them can't possibly make them worthwhile, can it?

Edited by Soldatto

This reminds me of DCUniverse and how there was an uproar about it suddenly becoming free-to-play, mostly from the people who had bought subscriptions.

My view on the subject is that the idea of founder-exclusive items is a terrible one to begin with. There should never be content in a game that can't be obtained by the players just because they happened to join after certain events have passed. For them, this is essentially the same as having a game that's incomplete, because there is content they do not have access to for reasons beyond their control. It's not fair.

A better idea would have been for Founders to receive free hats and T-shirts. Heck, they can still do this if they choose to release founders-exclusive game content to the public. All the currently known founders should get free t-shirts and hats.

Personally, I don't really care about anything with the words "Lato" and "Skana" in them, because, really... those were the two absolute worst weapons in the entire game. Priming and doubling them can't possibly make them worthwhile, can it?

Founders got a headband, and a T-Shirt.

Honestly

I think itd be ok

Itd be cool if it had a special engraving or aesthetic effect to it as well

Your opinion on yourself is biased, therefore cannot count.

Edited by Mikovsky

I personally don't really care about the founders status. You're bashing me for wearing something I can't take off.

If people ignore, they're just admitting to letting it happen.

If no Founders responded to these threads, then DE might get the idea that we're OK with whatever crazy nonsense lies within them.

Then they can object, but resorting to lock this thread because they are annoyed with it is childish. If they plan to enter a thread and comment then those comments in a debate will be discussed. If they get annoyed by the amount of comments then they can just ignore it instead of complaining that its stupid and the thread should just be locked. The ignore power holds wonders. Im not saying if they don't agree to say nothing but if they are gonna complain that its annoying and just want it closed so they don't have to see it again then they have the choice to ignore the thread. Not complain that the thread should be closed as that is just selfish because they just don't wanna see it anymore.

No, what I can't stand is your hypocrisy. I can't stand your constant crap about founders being stubborn, selfish, whiners, dumbasses, when the whole core of this argument is simply that you all can't accept that Founders stuff is off limits to you. You're offered a compromise, but you don't like it, because you don't care about anything other than getting as close to the Founders stuff as you can. There's no justification for it, there's no reason why you deserve it, there's no reason why you need it.

You say you've offered compromises other than "Founders lose nothing. Why don't you accept it?"? List them.

We had the dex versions with shared mastery of founders weaps

There was the suggestion of giving dual variations to founders while releasing the single variants to the public.

There was what blatentfool suggested with releasing them but cutting the cost of mats for founders and giving the dual versions that the founders get a glow so they look different slightly.

On the mastery issue that was brought up there was suggestions on removing/adding lost mastery.

o.o there are probably more in the thread but we are goin on 80 pages if you read through it then you can find the posts.

Mikovsky: Another idea that still gives both the Aklato Prime and Dual Skana Prime instead of dual versions of better/new Prime weapons? Honestly, not one that I particularly like.

Either it's:

Aklato Prime/Dual Skana Prime: nothing more than two of the single variants in each hand

Aklato Prime/Dual Skana Prime: same model x2, different texture (like gold on different parts, different pattern)

Aklato Prime/Dual Skana Prime: non-Prime models, similar Prime texture

Aklato Prime/Dual Skana Prime: new models and textures altogether

Dexlatos/Dual Dex Skanas: Similar model to the Primes but more curvy with Dex coloring and material

New Akimbo Prime/New Dual Prime Swords: new models, new textures.

dragonkingx: My problem with anything that involves giving the public the single variants is that that does break the exclusivity agreement. And DE has said they aren't re-releasing those (if you could do that, I'd say find a way to release everything).

With Blatantfool's idea, I'd rather the non-founder version be different so that it is distinguishable from being simply two Lato Primes, and I don't see any reason that they should be different for founders and non-founders.

Any mastery argument is really irrelevant for the specific issue of releasing an Aklato prime or Dual Skanas Prime. It really has nothing to do with this.

About the Dex. I'm fine with it, but I don't think that would solve the issue because they wouldn't be Prime.

They did? Awesome. Then there should be no problems, right?

There still is, and it's about Aklato Prime and Dual Skana Prime.

Mikovsky: Another idea that still gives both the Aklato Prime and Dual Skana Prime instead of dual versions of better/new Prime weapons? Honestly, no.

Yeah, I read that the first time you posted it.

Edited by Mikovsky

Then they can object, but resorting to lock this thread because they are annoyed with it is childish. If they plan to enter a thread and comment then those comments in a debate will be discussed. If they get annoyed by the amount of comments then they can just ignore it instead of complaining that its stupid and the thread should just be locked. The ignore power holds wonders. Im not saying if they don't agree to say nothing but if they are gonna complain that its annoying and just want it closed so they don't have to see it again then they have the choice to ignore the thread. Not complain that the thread should be closed as that is just selfish because they just don't wanna see it anymore.

Is there anything left to say after 80 pages? We're saying the same things now we were saying 40 pages ago and we just keep going round and round.

Also, it's not like this is the only thread Founders have had to put up with. We've been dealing with this crap for over a year now.