Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Invasions Are More Fun Solo Anyway

[DE]Momaw

Invasion mission.  Round one went well, everybody participated, nobody was nova'ing or stomp'ing all over the place. Reasonable mix of action and pacing. Good game.

Round two, two people stayed with me and we got a 4th new guy.  New guy proceeded to rush like *crazy*.  He went down 3 times, at least 1 full room ahead of the rest of the team as we were in the middle of heavy fighting. He was barely doing anything at all.   Last enemy killed:  "Get to extraction, players waiting for you: 1".  He was literally standing in the extraction zone, doing nothing, while we finished the mission.

"Why are you extraction? We weren't done."

"Because I can be."

Yeah. Right. Because you know other people will do all the work and give you free rewards.  Invasions are more fun solo anyway.

For a coop game, why is it so much easier to find people I hate than people I want to play with?

"Why are you extraction? We weren't done."

"Because I can be."

Dude this happens in pretty much any PUG and any type of mission. I love getting into an exterminate for example, and have Tenno just run past enemies. I'm like, ok....nevermind I'll just clean up all these enemies that are not important enough for you to kill...

Just stop playing in PUGs or learn to accept that randoms are....randos.

This happens on Payday 2 too. Can completely screw up your game, more significantly than warframe. One of the wonders though is that the host can kick people. On the downside, the person that is either screwing around or searching for one last Gage package could be the host and kick the people wanting (with good reasons) to go.

Overall, people are asses and vote kick is needed.

Invasion mission.  Round one went well, everybody participated, nobody was nova'ing or stomp'ing all over the place. Reasonable mix of action and pacing. Good game.

Honestly i'm not sure if it isn't that your expecting something completely different from parts of this game.

Yes the guy you are describing is a #$&(%, and no better than someone that doesn't leave the spawn room at the start.  But for an invasion mission?  The point is often enough to get the battle pay in the most efficient way possible.  I don't see what is so wrong about nova'ing and stomping and rushing these missions.

However there are a lot of different perspectives.  Maybe this kid has been left behind so many times this is his way of getting back at everyone? 

People that bite off more than they can chew, or leech rewards are incredibly annoying yes, but what it sounds like you are asking for from the type of teammate you find 'good' is a very narrow range of player.

Although as I was just rushing through the reactor invasion on Ceres just now I was thinking about how nice it would be to pace it so I could desecrate all those corpus since there was a really good ratio of elites and techs.

I dunno. Pubs are often awful, but I find this game solo is one of the most boring experiences I've ever had when playing a video game.

Just remember that a lot of people are selfish and overall just plain bad when it comes to games, but that this way this game is constructed encourages scrubby, selfish play. Cynical outlook but leveling items for two hours last night on Kappa really made me question why I was still playing this game.

Edited by Noble_Cactus

For a coop game, why is it so much easier to find people I hate than people I want to play with?

I think that is a growing problem the more you play the game. In the beginning I had no worries and had fun in every mission. Now that I have played quite a lot I find myself more and more annoyed over other players occasionally.

The biggest issue for me is DEFENSE missions. Why on earth do the 3 other people always have to run around like headless chicken all over the place and not even be close to the cryopod? Why run like crazy when all the mobs will come to you? All the while spreading the loot all over the place and making my Desecrating less effective. Those missions I do solo.

I also find myself equally annoyed over slow people as rushers. Specially when you are doing MOBILE DEFENSE missions and come to a door that requires two people to open and the rest of the group is off sightseeing.

The guy that constantly keeps dying every second and even though he has been revived 5-6 times proceeds with absolutely no caution whatsoever trying to melee everything. This has become exponentially more frequent after melee 2.0 I'm sorry to say but after 5-6+ times I just let him die.

Nightmare missions is actually one of the redeeming features if you get a good team. Specially the Mobile Defence missions. There you all of a sudden get some camaraderie and team play going. Same to some extent with Vault runs as you rely on having all the dragon keys.

Lately, I haven't been able to find any worthwhile Kappa or similar MD map which wasn't plagued with Door Campers (I refuse to call them 'heroes'; their 'aid' is nowhere near beneficial). It also seems to be contagious as while there might be 2 other people besides me and the Door Camper, they end up going to camp the doorway as well shortly afterwards.

In short, a lot more aborted missions lately.

As for Invasion missions, it's less likely but I have run into a few leechers. Though, since they end up downed and rarely raised for being 2-3 rooms away, it often solves itself. Still, knowingly going with PuGs means you're bound to run into players you don't agree with.

Honestly most of the time I have good luck with PUGs, I don't know maybe I just haven't played enough online as I mostly solo the map when I can. I did however have a frustrating experience last night...during survival. All was going well until someone popped the life support with 90% left. I kindly told him to wait until 60-65% or so, he pops early again. Now I understand that on mercury you get the new players (we were all there once) but after me telling you nicely 4-5 times not to do that it bothered me.

Then I realized "man im fighting a lot of guys right now, where the hell is everyone?" one word....extraction with 3mins to go before another reward. I asked what they were doing and they told me to hurry the **** up. Good times...