The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Invasion Idea Fix List

So rewrote this portion to a better idea. A list of fixes and then eventual vote on what the best thing is to do because as the saying in my group goes "If enough people *@##$ DE will listen"

My Idea is this:

2 factions, 1 attacking and 1 defending

The attacking faction will take over without the players help. If the player chooses to assist it will only speed up the taking of the node.

The defending faction will not fend off the attackers without the players help. This will take a lot more effort in order for the invaders to be put to rest. Player action will be required.

This allows for a single faction to have an advantage which is basically what we need. Players can still fuel the outcome but the outcome does not rest solely in the players hands.

Throw your ideas in and ill put em in the opening post.

Edited by (PS4)Keiji_Haku

i may not like it but i think the players should suffer through their decisions... i like that about the game, you deal with the consequences you and your fellow tenno's decide on.

i may not like it but i think the players should suffer through their decisions... i like that about the game, you deal with the consequences you and your fellow tenno's decide on.

i can't control the actions of all other players and neither can anyone else, plus NO ONE should be punished for enjoying a video game.

You're right but it can't happen. Besides what about new players? We're basically deciding what they play against 

I agree with what Aver said, but there is also a system in place where the original faction will start pumping out better rewards when they're losing.  This means that once Corpus basically own everything, Grineer will start throwing out forma and potatoes like crazy until they take back some land.

I agree with your philosophy, but in practice it doesn't work because no one is deciding based on battle pay right now, everyone is just farming the Brakk. Personally the only Grineer invasion I've supported in over 3 weeks happened yesterday, and only because they were offering a Catalyst BP as battle pay. The assassin spawn rates just need to be increased, I've had my death marks for over a month (including Stalker DMs).

Thank you, someone who understands part of the point of invasions.

Its the players decision if that happens, if the corpus take over ceres then the fault befalls solely on the community for doing that. Another thing to mention is that if you didnt actively help in defending the grineer on ceres during the invasions, then you have no right to complain.

Its like politic elections, if you never voted for anyone you dont really have a right to complain against who was elected because you didnt help do anything to stop that person from being elected (not voting).

The same issue on currently on PC aswell. I will agree however that the invasion system isnt perfect, maybe DE could implemented a thing where if a faction gets pushed really hard (in this case, grineer) on a planet, then the faction focuses all its strength on trying to take back that planet and they will have greater rewards as opposed to the faction thats taking over the planet.

Take for instance Vay hek. When ceres is gone no prosectutors, thats a boss, mods, and a whole warframe gone. Thats a pretty hefty wipe for a whole playerbase to decide.

I think it would be ok if the opposing faction had an edge without the player.

Yes it is hefty, but they never the less decided to do that. The community decided to screw out other players because of their greed for a weapon. Theres not much you can do but play for the grineer and see if you can push back the corpus.

Yes it is hefty, but they never the less decided to do that. The community decided to screw out other players because of their greed for a weapon. Theres not much you can do but play for the grineer and see if you can push back the corpus.

This isn't one of those situations though that you can fight back and have a chance to win. On ps4 players aren't deciding on battle pay, they're deciding by the Detron or brakk with brakk winning. 

There you go, remove these two guns from invasions.

Reset,

remove the brakk and Detron 

Players will play for rewards

Remove these two guns. No just no. People spent tons of time farming these and people were rewarded these in the gravidius dilemma. Some people spent forma and Potato on them. Just make another way to gain them instead.

Remove these two guns. No just no. People spent tons of time farming these and people were rewarded these in the gravidius dilemma. Some people spent forma and Potato on them. Just make another way to gain them instead.

thats what i meant lol sorry for the lack of clarification

i can't control the actions of all other players and neither can anyone else, plus NO ONE should be punished for enjoying a video game.

You're right but it can't happen. Besides what about new players? We're basically deciding what they play against 

+1

But a game mission which are affected by player' contribution is nice.

just need adjustment.

maybe DE could implemented a thing where if a faction gets pushed really hard (in this case, grineer) on a planet, then the faction focuses all its strength on trying to take back that planet and they will have greater rewards as opposed to the faction thats taking over the planet.

That would be awesome. 

I agree with what Aver said, but there is also a system in place where the original faction will start pumping out better rewards when they're losing.  This means that once Corpus basically own everything, Grineer will start throwing out forma and potatoes like crazy until they take back some land.

This is the system that the invasions are intended to follow. It will eventually pay off having all the nodes go to one faction... eventually.

We PC players had this problem as well, what with Grustrag Three and all basically spelling doom for the Grineer. But now they are gaining control again, because many people got their Brakk (or stopped caring, not sure), and because of several issues compromising other players' experience, such as the farm for Beacons. The users are evening out the factions without need for a reset.

Hopefully it will be the same for PS4 players as well.

EDIT: and of course, if DE decides there needs to be a forced balancing act, they will definitely do that, don't worry. I'm sure it takes nothing to assign nodes to this or that faction.

Edited by Vintovka

Sooooon basically it's just like real life?

You suffer the consequences of choices others made/are making

Idk if anyone mentioned this or not since I didn't read every comment, but they're already working on a "home world bonus" for the factions to keep the corpus from spreading like lice.

I honestly doubt they would follow the battle pay when you need Brakk.