The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Why God Why?

darthdart

Why is everyone being so dramatic...

It's not hard to defend a console alone while everyone wants to go off and run around like little children, generally I notice many hallway players will only go to certain ones leaving areas for enemies to still spawn in. Also if EXP is such an issue then why aren't you forming a farming party? Can we stop acting like it's the end of the world because players don't want to play by your playstyle? 

Hello, I am God and I'm here to answer your question so this will be official. You see when I created people, I was all too busy creating other things as well, so once or twice I might have gotten peanuts and brains mixed up. And that's why you have people like that.

It's not hard to defend a console alone while everyone wants to go off and run around like little children, generally I notice many hallway players will only go to certain ones leaving areas for enemies to still spawn in. Also if EXP is such an issue then why aren't you forming a farming party? Can we stop acting like it's the end of the world because players don't want to play by your playstyle? 

It's more an issue of inefficiency and complete lack of etiquette. Saying being a door hero is okay is like saying I should be okay with some guy screaming at old ladies all day because it's how he chooses to live.

Why should it be the responsibility of those that want to play as a group to do that.  Hallway heros (much like rushers) get the same result by soloing, the onus should be on them not to join groups if they are not planing to play with or for the group.

They then dont have to put up with the people that annoyingly want to work as a group in a co-operative game.

Your argument is basically like saying its ok to shoot people and if they get shot its their fault for not shooting you first.

I like how both of you attempt to win an argument by comparing it with two extremes which both don't nearly scale to the same level of a video game. Why should they be forced to work with you? Once again you display no good argument as to why people should be required to play your way.

Honestly if this is such an issue maybe you guys should form some sort of clan revolving around the idea of groups playing to a single playstyle?  

I like how both of you attempt to win an argument by comparing it with two extremes which both don't nearly scale to the same level of a video game. Why should they be forced to work with you? Once again you display no good argument as to why people should be required to play your way.

Honestly if this is such an issue maybe you guys should form some sort of clan revolving around the idea of groups playing to a single playstyle?  

Your complete ignoring of their points has been noted.

If you play a co-op game, you play with the team.  If the entire team rushes, you rush.  If the entire team defends, you defend.  If they don't want to play with the team, they can bugger off to solo mode.

Your complete ignoring of their points has been noted.

If you play a co-op game, you play with the team.  If the entire team rushes, you rush.  If the entire team defends, you defend.  If they don't want to play with the team, they can bugger off to solo mode.

That logic is flawed, because reality is no one is going to adapt themselves to their team, isn't this entire thread about people complaining about their teammates running off in defense modes? By that logic I guess they should run off too? How about you stop worrying about others and just handle your own agenda, it's worked for me though the entire starmap so clearly it works. 

That logic is flawed, because reality is no one is going to adapt themselves to their team, isn't this entire thread about people complaining about their teammates running off in defense modes? By that logic I guess they should run off too? How about you stop worrying about others and just handle your own agenda, it's worked for me though the entire starmap so clearly it works. 

No jerks will adapt, I think you mean.  This thread is singling out "that one person" in the team that wanks in the doorway while his team actually defends the objective.

Now, if the entire team is made up of door heroes, then yes you should join them.  If they don't care about winning, why should you?

No jerks will adapt, I think you mean.  This thread is singling out "that one person" in the team that wanks in the doorway while his team actually defends the objective.

Now, if the entire team is made up of door heroes, then yes you should join them.  If they don't care about winning, why should you?

I still don't understand why you care so much as to what others will do. If people begin to feed and be careless in league of legends will I start throwing the game as well? No. 

I still don't understand why you care so much as to what others will do.

Because, when my and the rest of the team's fun is ruined by one selfish player, I tend to find that rude.  On the other side of the spectrum, I don't hold myself so highly that I value my fun over that of the rest of the team's.

Because, when my and the rest of the team's fun is ruined by one selfish player, I tend to find that rude.  On the other side of the spectrum, I don't hold myself so highly that I value my fun over that of the rest of the team's.

I've never had an issue with hallway heroes, it's not like they're blocking off the entire enemy mass and on top of this if I want to get the enemies they're hogging I can just walk past them and start shooting. 

I still don't understand why you care so much as to what others will do. If people begin to feed and be careless in league of legends will I start throwing the game as well? No. 

As many have said, it's an issue of etiquette, like saying 'thanks' to a waiter even though he's just doing his job. It's not something one can force people to do but makes life much easier and overall nicer for the rather trivial effort one puts in. 

You have all the right in the world to play the way you like. Your teammates have all the right in the world to criticize how you play. Their critique does not, cannot, and will not force you to change how you play so please stop using that kind of tone, for chrissakes this game doesn't even have a kick button. 

IMO if you chose to clear a mission in a team, it'd make the whole thing easier and more efficient if you, y'know, acknowledged others' existence and a shared objective. Especially in higher-level Defense and Survival where even minimal teamwork and communication can result in substantial progress. If a careless player will not listen to his teammates, I wouldn't be surprised that people were complaining about him. 

Why is it that every single time I play mobile d and defense now, there is always that one person who ignores the objective completely and gets just out of range for exp for the rest of the team and just camps a doorway and kills everything?

Can't you do that a bit closer to the team so we all get experience? Do you not realize exp is shared when you are in range of someone else killing things?

I'm gonna start ignoring these people if they die honestly.

You call me?

When i join a mobile d in a void, i normally look for parkour rooms because there are also those people that will rush through the mission without getting loot.  This makes me equally angry so i do my parkour rooms and leave the mission up to them. : /

So you join using someone else's key and then you ignore the objective forcing them to do all the work while you simply do parkour rooms and then get the reward for competing the mission? That is just mean. If you want to ignore the objective at least use your own key.

That's one thing I love when I play Loki.  HEY!  You at the door!  Get back here!  Switch Teleport

Do that a few times and they get the message.  If they don't then you can get nasty and port them into a crowd of enemies.  

Edited by Beas7ie

The time-tested solutions are:

A) chat "Oh, we aren't defending the Cryopod?  Okay..." and then go join them until...

B) when they die, don't revive them.

As somebody else said, this issue has been around for a long time, and in all likelihood isn't going to be changed by DE.  It's up to us, and these ways can get the message across.

this is what i do everytime....its simple and its fair

High level interception is just about as good anyways and dark sector defense/survival completely trumps mobile defense now. 

Personally, I've just been leveling up stuff while farming for T4 keys.

Edited by Aggh