Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Update 13.8.0: Breeding Grounds

[DE]Rebecca

Because they look cooler?

Because they're newer?

Dunno. I'd have to say that this is the only armor set that I've yet to consider actually buying. I have a thing for anything that looks something like wings.

I acknowledge they are the newest and they do indeed look cooler, but that doesn't necessarily justify such an obvious increase in platinum compared to previous releases. Instead i think it now offers the impression that maybe due to the popularity of these type of cosmetics, it was an excuse to set a higher price which now leads me to wonder what platinum increase is going to be placed on the next set and so on and so forth.

Have you seen all the flashy physic doo-dads on that armor?

Yes i have seen the flashy physic doo-dads and they look impressive but considering the poor physics of most Syandana's still not fixed correctly, again i don't see how that justifies the platinum increase.

However i do acknowledge no one is being forced to purchase them... well not yet anyways.

Nice, I like this event! But major bugs to report on! I should have gotten 1380 for shields (300+360%) for Oberon build. (+360% due to 120% from Vigor and 240% from redirection). Instead, I got 660 for shields :(        ...  pls help!

I like the mission concept & the new tile-set is a welcome addition & looks great.

I do not like the event's seemingly arbitrary scoring system, nor it's apparent reliance on RNG (hive spawn).  I much preferred the Specters of Liberty scoring system where you had something to work towards & clear goals.  If you didn't make enough points in one run it was probably because you made a mistake, not because the right combination of hives didn't spawn for you.  The idea of grinding this mission out 40+ times to rank up my "stench" to get the prova... well it really turns me off.  I could probably do it faster if I didn't just solo/duo in this game, but I don't think DE should be forcing players into groups to do events like this.  These events should be accessible to any number of players 1-4, or it shouldn't be touted as a solo-able game.

I also don't like the randomness of the awarded points.  I duo-ed this mission last night.  We only played these missions together.  First 3 times we each got 6 points the last time I received 12 and my partner received 9 points.  She even had more kills than I did. The scoring makes no sense and if there is a valid reason as to why this would occur, it should be communicated clearly and concisely to the players.  We shouldn't need to consult posts/wikis for every little thing in the game.  I graduated a long time ago and don't miss homework one bit, I really don't need it from a game I play to have fun.

I hate the toxin damage on these ospreys and their ability to take down most frames if they proc.  600+ unavoidable health damage that bypass shields is a horrible, horrible idea.  We saw this happen in the dev-stream (before it was 'balanced') yet it made it into the final build?!  It's no fun opening a door, or walking into a near invisible cloud and being instantly proc'd with a death sentence.  This is especially true in defense missions where there may be ton of them in every wave (I ask those of you who insist they're ok to try out a Pluto defense or two).  Also - make the clouds they leave behind more visible and fix the fact that they keep getting stuck in the geometry.  Lastly, their creepy-janky movement may sound fine on paper, but they are extremely hard to hit for players who use gamepads - I am sure there will be a lot more feedback on this when the PS4 players get this update.  Solution: Switch the proc from toxic to viral, make it only damage you if you're in actually in the cloud and enlarge the hit-boxes on these things and limit their spawn rates (if you're really married to the idea of them).

(PS: flying corpus really doesn't fit with the 'by sword alone' thing you guys were trying to promote recently as there is no way to engage them with just melee 9 times out of 10. Infested & grineer were really the only 2 factions that 'sword alone' was ever really a viable option in the first place).

Edit:  I also want to mention that I can't damage the turrets on this tile-set as the host (unless they are actively firing), just like I can't in the corpus tile-sets.  This is a huge pet-peeve of mine that I can't believe is still around & now affecting new tile-sets.

Edited by AZAG0TH

pros:

- Amazing work in this new tileset, after this event ends I would like to take a tour in the Infested ship.

- I was surprised when I got my rewards right after completing the required points. In the past we had to wait 1 or 2 days after the end of an event to get those. This is a big step forward.

- I really hate toxin, and thats why I'm having fun with this Infested Osprey. I had to rethink my weapons and my warframes builds to go on an Infested mission.

- New weapons = new possibilities.

- The Plated Rubedo skins and Syandana are very attractive. I wish that they can be painted with other colors and maintain this metallic shine.

- OMG, that Godzilla (Iliac) Syandana/Armor... We need a Dinosaur frame, NOW!!!

cons:

- These magnetic bubble/clouds are too big. I was pushed by an Ancient into one with no chance to revive or be revived. I think that we should be able to pass through them with a melee spin attack, and at the same time they disperse (even if a little) so the other players can follow with relatively safety.

- Sometimes one of my squadmates gets more or less points than the others. I don't understand why, but I know that there is a logical reason for that. It's just that the score system for this event is too hard to understand in his plenty.

- I'm getting stuck in some sections of this new tileset. I hope you can polish the edges.

sugestion:

- We need a Dinosaur frame for Iliac Syandana/Armor and a Gargoyle Syandana (Wings and Tail) for the Zephyr

Hye, does anybody know how much combined total points do you need so that you can get at least 48 points?

PS: CTP as in the total amount of total points each of your teammate has.

I still don't understand how the scoring works. Am I just supposed to keep doing it over and over and hope my score gets better? What actually gives the points???

Didn't you read? You first start on an easier difficulty of missions, and they progressivily gets harder as your combined total points (of your team, in total) gets higher!

In other words, you play until you drop or team up with players with higher total points.

Edited by jjpdn

So time inside killing infected is what increases it? Not speed/efficiency of the mission or any thing like that? I was told by some one that they got over the 48 mark by spamming the mission then just running through without killing any thing when they had 800 total points. That really confused me.

So time inside killing infected is what increases it? Not speed/efficiency of the mission or any thing like that? I was told by some one that they got over the 48 mark by spamming the mission then just running through without killing any thing when they had 800 total points. That really confused me.

You just have to finish mission (but the infested get so many that they swarm you, so better to kill them) a lot.

And time doesn't matter. Run, shoot tumors, shoot hive, RUN!

Edited by jjpdn

I finally got to 48... Took forever. At one point I was stuck on 45 for about an hour. With people coming and going I would say about 4 to 5 hours of this will get you to 48. That was agonizing, tho I did love doing the mission. Especially the last one being the hardest. Felt like I needed to be on my toes the whole game.

I finally got to 48... Took forever. At one point I was stuck on 45 for about an hour. With people coming and going I would say about 4 to 5 hours of this will get you to 48. That was agonizing, tho I did love doing the mission. Especially the last one being the hardest. Felt like I needed to be on my toes the whole game.

It's the combined team points that decide difficulty. If you wanted an easier time, collect people with high total points to make a team. It seems to make stuff easier (I theorize, at least).

XD

Edited by jjpdn

So fantastically awesome! I DON'T KNOW WHAT TO SAY!.....AWESOME UPDATE! I LOVE YOU REBECCA! 

Everyone loves her I think.

I like this update, except for new Infested sounds. I prefear old ones. 

And, what about new animations for Chargers, Runners and so on? I see them moving as always did in the past.

Gotta agree with the people here about the scoring system: dreadful and I also hated how it keep us in the dark about where exactly the number comes from. 

However for me it didn't drive me mad too much because the missions themselves, besides the drones, are really enjoyable and non-linear and I did not find myself feeling "grinding" like I usually do in this game. The pressure and challenge are pretty nice IMO and it's nice to fight for space for once, as oppose to fighting the OVER 9000 ARMOUR like we usually do. I am not saying these types of missions are the ultimate kind, but they are a nice variation so I can't say I am sick of it.

But the scoring system definitely doesn't have anything to do with me enjoying these missions.

I'm surprised at all the hate for the event scoring system. I'm not a fan of grind, but the 'total' difficulty and 'best' reward ratings work for me. Calling them 'total' and 'best' didn't. Then again, I read the update before I jumped into BG.

I'm not against the push this event creates towards teaming up with higher 'total' scoring players, or going solo, though it did strike me as an unexpected shift. I think there should be events that bring decorations (currently clan tier rewards) down to player tier, and perhaps this will come about now that we have player centric spaces in ships.

Edited by Novocrane

This clan research thing is getting annoying. I'd imagine it's really awful for solo players, being forced into a clan just for the newer weapons.

Must be terrible for them, with the range of clans available for players that just want to play the game alone. Minutes of checking the forums or asking in recruiting channel.

It's the combined team points that decide difficulty. If you wanted an easier time, collect people with high total points to make a team. It seems to make stuff easier (I theorize, at least).

XD

I know and it was totally a pain dealing with people leaving and joining the group. It made it feel like I was going backwards with my score at one point. Tho, I did achieve 48 with my clan buddies. When I started with them, my best was 45 and my total was 608. Because of my high score and their low score, it definitely helped them out gettig a little ahead. It took about 1 hour and 30 minutes but we finally did it.