Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Update 13.8 Still Has Some Bad Connotations.

Innocent_Flower

- New cosmetics. Ya don't need cosmetics. Ya need gaemplae. Cosmetics aren't gaemplae. now it's under my understandin' that these are more 'spensive cosmetics. Is that because they're so terribly out of the tenno style (INFESTED BACK TAIL WITH WINGS) that you're charging more for them because you acknowledge how bad it looks and that you'd rather not see them become common?  seriously though; Animated. aren't there more important things to be animated? 

- New gun. 

- sabotage 1.1; now more annoying. Antigrav mechanics would be great if parkour was half decent. But parkour isn't. Hunting down orange things to shoot the big orange thing is tedious. 

- A most grindy event; because we're not allowed nice things without hours of labour. For the last three games I got one point each mission. I realy, realy expect that to change soon. 

- Nice new tileset. I've yet to play a game on it that didn't lag/cut my framerate in half though. Fair enough, It's beta. Looks damn nice. best thing in the update. 

- New mob, barely noticed him. (It's nice that the infested faction are getting a little attention, but this is a guy who needed unique ai and a unique model. Meanwhile the corrupted are crying  and melee units are cutting themselves) 

It isn't making the game worse per se but it's a sign that the game isn't getting better. There was a lot of effort put into this update and the only thing that seemed good for the long term is the tileset. 

Edited by Innocent_Flower

You know, I agreed with some of your opinions about 13.7, OP but this time you're just complaining for complaining's sake.

Complaining about cosmetics? Seriously? The Art Team needs something to do, you know.

New Tilesets will cause lag, yes. They need testers (hint: Us, as this IS a Beta) to test these tilesets and poke at them, to determine what works and what doesn't work quite as well. They have large and powerful computers as they have that kind of money. Some of us with smaller, weaker computers don't have the kind of dough they have. They need us to tell them where things don't work as well.

Sabotage 1.1? Well Rebecca DID say in the Update Notes that this is planned to be a permanent addition to the game, and that FEEDBACK IS ENCOURAGED.

So.....give Feedback on why you think it is annoying, what you think could be improved. Don't just say "It is bad." and leave it at that. How is that supposed to tell them anything?

And "Grindy" Event? OMIGAWD they're giving us mods and a weapon, and we have to GRIND for them!! OMG!

Hey, at least there's no RNG involved! That's always a plus. It could be like Cicero, pure RNG-based Grind where you'd do 50+ missions and never see a single ... what were those called? dragon lily extracts?

I agree on one point, and that is that the event is too much work for such little rewards. 

You need to get points in ONE mission for the best run in order to receive the rewards. The total amount goes to your operation score, separate from the rewards. Difficulty tiers of the missions increase the amount of points you get upon Extraction, and difficulty is determined by the "stench" left on the player/players with the carnage of the Infested encountered previously. Combined stenches=more difficulty.

6 points in one mission=event badge (Breeding Ground badge)

17 points in one mission=event mods (Breeding Ground set)

48 points in one mission=Prova Vandal

Now that is just insane amounts of grinding.

Opinions are like Armpits, everyone has one, and they all stick at different levels, tho yours my friend, is the worst. 

OP, you're complaining just to complain at this point.

As for the new mode, don't like it? TOO BAD, it's going to be a permanent mission type, why not you leave some useful feedback instead of just "sabotage 1.1; now more annoying.", which isn't feedback.

It's well within the definitions of feedback. 

No it's not! It's complaining for the sake of complaining! It's the equivalent of demolishing the sidewalk because one time you stepped on some gum! It's you trying to cause controversy because you are bored! Go back to Tumblr!

- New cosmetics. Ya don't need cosmetics. Ya need gaemplae. Cosmetics aren't gaemplae. now it's under my understandin' that these are more 'spensive cosmetics. Is that because they're so terribly out of the tenno style (INFESTED BACK TAIL WITH WINGS) that you're charging more for them because you acknowledge how bad it looks and that you'd rather not see them become common?  seriously though; Animated. aren't there more important things to be animated? 

- New gun. 

- sabotage 1.1; now more annoying. Antigrav mechanics would be great if parkour was half decent. But parkour isn't. Hunting down orange things to shoot the big orange thing is tedious. 

- A most grindy event; because we're not allowed nice things without hours of labour. For the last three games I got one point each mission. I realy, realy expect that to change soon. 

- Nice new tileset. I've yet to play a game on it that didn't lag/cut my framerate in half though. Fair enough, It's beta. Looks damn nice. best thing in the update. 

- New mob, barely noticed him. (It's nice that the infested faction are getting a little attention, but this is a guy who needed unique ai and a unique model. Meanwhile the corrupted are crying  and melee units are cutting themselves) 

It isn't making the game worse per se but it's a sign that the game isn't getting better. There was a lot of effort put into this update and the only thing that seemed good for the long term is the tileset. 

honestly i think i disagree with basically everything you said, my "awesome job DE" post is basically the exact opposite of yours =/

This is the least grindy event. It seems it had a lot of thought into it. Instead of doing things over and over again it seems to try ramp up the difficulty like in defense/survival to make it end somewhere and have skill involved. I also hope modifiers each time you destroy the hives are different so you can't expect it like in nightmare.

- New gun. 

Wait until I play it. Then I will see if your points make sense. 

Edited by Renegade343

Hey, at least there's no RNG involved! That's always a plus. It could be like Cicero, pure RNG-based Grind where you'd do 50+ missions and never see a single ... what were those called? dragon lily extracts?

No sir, you are referring to the Jade Leaf Extracts, because those were just NEVER EVER around. It was horrible