The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

New Warframe Confirmed (Mirage) Megathread

Deaths.Reap3r

250px-ThermiteRoundsMod.png250px-ScatteringInfernoMod.png250px-VolcanicEdgeMod.png250px-ScorchMod.png

Some better pics for reference.

She really resembles a Precursor from Pacific Rim with those beady eyes.

Precursors_Profile_02.png

640px-Precursors.png

Wow. That's exactly what it looks like. So, infested. But its abilities will have something to do with a harlequin I expect. It's a rather sinister name.

Harlequin just confirmed.

It's name will be Harlequin.

Let's not get ahead of ourselves, I don't think this was explicitly mentioned by Scott as the definite name of the frame - all I heard was its trippy booby traps power.

trickster frame confirmed. the power revealed on stream sounds quite cool.

i'm glad they are stepping away from 'elemental' frames , for now.

Really, there's not much more they can do with elemental frames at this point. Looking forward to theme frames returning - i.e. this harlequin trickser frame or the blade-based frame that is Excalibur.

Let's not get ahead of ourselves, I don't think this was explicitly mentioned by Scott as the definite name of the frame - all I heard was its trippy booby traps power.

It's the only thing that fits. Not sure if there's a more appropriate name that's related to it. It seems fitting, not out of place (like Decree or Medusa or Assassin or some of the other original codenames of Banshee, Saryn, or Ash).

Not only that, but a Harlequin is a rather demonic figure as well, so while it's a trickster like Loki, it's tricks should be more sinister and offensive - deadly tricks (so booby trapping stuff that kill enemies instead of just tricking/deceiving enemies). It fits perfectly. There isn't a better name that captures that.

And I don't think it has anything to do with the infested.

Edited by AntoineFlemming

It's the only thing that fits. Not sure if there's a more appropriate name that's related to it. It seems fitting, not out of place (like Decree or Medusa or Assassin or some of the other original codenames of Banshee, Saryn, or Ash).

Not only that, but a Harlequin is a rather demonic figure as well, so while it's a trickster like Loki, it's tricks should be more sinister and offensive - deadly tricks (so booby trapping stuff that kill enemies instead of just tricking/deceiving enemies). It fits perfectly. There isn't a better name that captures that.

And I don't think it has anything to do with the infested.

What about Joker? Jester? They're simpler than Harlequin, but they also fit (plus, a J-Warframe would be nice).

What about Joker? Jester? They're simpler than Harlequin, but they also fit (plus, a J-Warframe would be nice).

No, they don't fit. Besides, GreyEnneract is right.

Edited by AntoineFlemming

Her ult sounds like it was made for a completely different game. Most tiles don't have interactables near enemies, and if you booby trap a terminal, for example, you're hurting maybe one guy?

Mimic lockers either sound useless or very irritating, if they keep the enemy inside them for a set duration. It's like Undertow but not as applicable.

Some better pics for reference.

She really resembles a Precursor from Pacific Rim with those beady eyes.

Keith Thompson did concept art for Pacific Rim.

http://www.keiththompsonart.com/

He also does concept art for Warframe, and helps design some of the frames. It's likely that he drew from his work on PR to create Saryn Jr. here.

Edited by Noble_Cactus

No, they don't fit. Besides, GreyEnneract is right.

I don't see how they don't, and though GreyEnneract is right about it being a Codename I'm talking about a final name. Not arguing it's NOT the Codename or NOT a possibility for the final name, just that there are other option.

Trickster alone could fit, though I do find it weaker.

I don't see how they don't, and though GreyEnneract is right about it being a Codename I'm talking about a final name. Not arguing it's NOT the Codename or NOT a possibility for the final name, just that there are other option.

Trickster alone could fit, though I do find it weaker.

No, harlequin is more than that. That's why it doesn't fit.

No, harlequin is more than that. That's why it doesn't fit.

You're gonna have to explain further. We know one ability, and harlequin as the name doesn't fit it 100% either - I don't see why you're so adamant against the ideas I proposed.

Keep in mind that this new Frame looks like it might have some hints of a fungi aesthetic.

For all you guys know, her name is  Cordycep and all her skills are based around spores and parasitic fungi.

Do not presume that with as little info as we have we can guess exactly what it is.

Keep in mind that this new Frame looks like it might have some hints of a fungi aesthetic.

For all you guys know, her name is  Cordycep and all her skills are based around spores and parasitic fungi.

Do not presume that with as little info as we have we can guess exactly what it is.

We're not presuming, but ok.

This is the most awfull thing i have ever seen in a video game.

BUG frame ?

lol.

lol.

And a lot of the frames in this game are based off insects in some form or another. It goes hand-in-hand with the scifi anime/manga style that this game heavily draws from.