Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Why Nerf The Dual Zorens?

Easymac

Why did the dual Zorens get nerfed so bad :/ The only thing they had going for them was the crit, and attack speed.
now its just crit, which the dual ichors do better anyways.

Unless there's going to be Dual Zoren prime with a 1.4, or 1.5 attack speed.
now that would be pretty awesome.
because I mean. Come on, even the Orthos is faster.
and that'a a polarm.
how are you going to swing a big staff weapon, faster then two little axes.

meh. what ever.
/endrant.

use whip or machete and u can go just as fast if not faster

don't forget u can add the quickening and fury mod....and lose the spoiled strike if u dont much about end game scaling dps

Edited by rangeless

Why did the dual Zorens get nerfed so bad :/ The only thing they had going for them was the crit, and attack speed.

now its just crit, which the dual ichors do better anyways.

Unless there's going to be Dual Zoren prime with a 1.4, or 1.5 attack speed.

now that would be pretty awesome.

because I mean. Come on, even the Orthos is faster.

and that'a a polarm.

how are you going to swing a big staff weapon, faster then two little axes.

meh. what ever.

/endrant.

? wut are you talking about?

Yeah, why the Zorens had their speed nerfed really puzzled me. They were the "crazy fast weak-hitters" by concept, but now they're just "generic dual crit axes" like the Cleavers.

Zorens need to get their speed boosted to 1.3 at the very least. There is no reason that it should be slower than weapons like the Amphis.

Yeah, why the Zorens had their speed nerfed really puzzled me. They were the "crazy fast weak-hitters" by concept, but now they're just "generic dual crit axes" like the Cleavers.

Zorens need to get their speed boosted to 1.3 at the very least. There is no reason that it should be slower than weapons like the Amphis.

Thats what really blew my mind lol.

aphis, and orthos being faster then the dual zorens.

they went from THE FASTEST PERIOD to

meh. we're a little less then average now.

Was this a ghost nerf in 13.8?

I actually stopped playing for a few updates, so i missed some of the patches (like the nova/trinity/frost nerf) but aperently, zorens aren't the fastest weapon anymore. which was the only thing going for them.

crit chance/damage is same as ichors, and ichors have more damage. so the dual ichors are 100% better then dual zorens.

and orthos prime is faster, so... yea...

What?

My zoren can copter just fine and it's attacking really fast even at 1.2 attack rate.

Or... are you using crossing snakes stance? That slows it down a lot.

Haha, Crossing Snakes is horrible. Why the devs would introduce stance mods that actually slow down the weapon with little to no benefit is beyond me. (*glares at Pointed Wind*) Like, at least do a Crimson Dervish and make each swing hit like a truck or something; there is currently no reason to use those stances over their quicker counterparts.

But yeah, 1.2 attack speed really isn't anything special. There are plenty of melee weapons with 1.2 attack speed, one of which is a damn heavy weapon (Orthos Prime). It's fast, but it's no position for what should be the melee speed king.

"Amphiscoptering" just doesn't sound as natural.

it happened with melee 2.0

Yea they are definitely still among the fastest weapons. All weapons (pretty much, except amphis,bo and a couple others that got a nice buff) got attack speed nerfs through the nerf to fury. Seem totally fine to me.

What?

My zoren can copter just fine and it's attacking really fast even at 1.2 attack rate.

Or... are you using crossing snakes stance? That slows it down a lot.

This is probably it, crossing snakes is awful (though each "swing" hits twice, the attack speed is literally 50% less)

Edited by (PS4)MoriartyHaaaiii

I'm baffled you actually used them for melee.

But this is a step in the right direction in terms of keeping back coptering, I will welcome back the original speed of the zorens as long as coptering is gone for good, then maybe more players will be using melee to do just that, melee.

I'm baffled you actually used them for melee.

But this is a step in the right direction in terms of keeping back coptering, I will welcome back the original speed of the zorens as long as coptering is gone for good, then maybe more players will be using melee to do just that, melee.

Devs said coptoring is a unique characteristic/mechanic of warframe and it will never go away.

Get used to it

it could have something to do with realism. The Orthos is exactly that a polar arm. So by swinging it around the weight catches it as you come down at an angle adding gravity speed plus momentum so naturally it would go faster vs. just swinging around two really small axes. Especially with the stances we have for them now those swings could never add speed to the momentum. Maybe another stance is coming out that will add speed due to how it is wielded which would make more sense if it had more of a martial art spin feel to it.

it could have something to do with realism. The Orthos is exactly that a polar arm. So by swinging it around the weight catches it as you come down at an angle adding gravity speed plus momentum so naturally it would go faster vs. just swinging around two really small axes. Especially with the stances we have for them now those swings could never add speed to the momentum. Maybe another stance is coming out that will add speed due to how it is wielded which would make more sense if it had more of a martial art spin feel to it.

are you saying that swinging something heavier and less aerodynamic than two small blades with ten percent of the surface area of a fairly large stick exposed towards air friction would go faster because the momentum of something heavier would actually increase the amount of total energy in the action and break the laws of conservation? that's your realism?