Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Update 14 Hype Megathread... U14 Has Been Released!

Rennagade

No, the question isn't "what corner?" The question is how far away is the corner from us. Does he mean, the corners right there we are about to turn the corner right now!, or, more likely the corner is about six city blocks away and we're walking.

And that's another thing to consider, will update 14 be ready by the time we get to the corner or will the devs have to push it back down the street some.

all in all just something to think about.

lol excaly! Prime bother!

No, the question isn't "what corner?" The question is how far away is the corner from us. Does he mean, the corners right there we are about to turn the corner right now!, or, more likely the corner is about six city blocks away and we're walking.

And that's another thing to consider, will update 14 be ready by the time we get to the corner or will the devs have to push it back down the street some.

all in all just something to think about.

LEARN TO LOVE THY INNER CORNER

TREAT THE CORNER AS YOU WOULD WISH THE CORNER TO TREAT YOU

BE THE CORNER

Edited by Aggh

I just want them to announce a devstream this Friday. 

Then we might gets some answers... or at least guesses... or at least some mummring in the direction of a patch at some point, some time.... soom

Edited by MDRLOz

There's no hype train because more and more of the forumgoers here are starting to become aware that hype is dangerous and often leads to disappointment.

That's what I've noticed, anyway.

Or some moved on to other games because they grew tired of the boredom and grinding, or the lack anything worth the grindfest...

Sounds about right. Let's just hope DE realizes it before the game is truly DE'd.

Even the DE fan boys are having second thoughts.

DE is going beyond and beyond.  My dreams are coming true, there are storylines coming, known as Quests(no farm grinding:)!  And they pretty much completely remade the menus, interactions, actions, and such, not just a reanimation of things, it's completely different.  It's amazing.  The ship, how things are all holographic, like damn o.O

Ships:

uiGif.gif4SPJVL1.pngTI40rYP.pngsolarView.jpgstarChart.jpgmarket.pngHlRJYJF.pngLZApNf5.png

Quests:

r9rXZTG.png

There is also a new environment coming with detailed surroundings including Corpus and Grineers fighting in space where you can see when you are on the planet with a new landscape.

New Environments:

w2wV8p5.jpgJkRnUcP.jpgr3petXd.jpg

Kubrows, they look furry....hehehe....BBQ.....jk.  So yes, they are kinda like one of those girl Barbie games where I guess you take care of them as your pet until they grow up and you can bring them to missions.  They are like war buddies that each posses a different personality.  From Hunter to Stealth and others of genetic mutation.

Kubrow Animations:

rivyZYS.pngVCFWkg2.pngBsjL2RA.pngwLaJkDa.png

Valkyr also has her own Hysteria reanimation with actions that make her seem hyperactive along with her own combos.  Looks pretty brutal with all the claws and the finisher moves.

Valkyr's Hysteria Reanimation:

weiZA1i.pngmSukaN8.pngKmWXNni.png

Also there are new Cosmetic Helmets coming, right now the helmets I remember that are coming are Nova's and Loki's.  And yes, the designs are astonishing.

New Cosmetic Helmet Desgins:

Nova: mxgDmXC.png

Vauban: WeU73eT.png

Loki:kWbAeHx.jpg

And for all you players, yes, there is a new Warframe coming.  It, as the topics with ideas of the new Warframe powers, it manipulates her(yes it's a her) environment/ surroundings.  She can literally turn everything into something lethal to all enemies.  One ability that DE gave away is her activating a move that changes ropes that the Corpus use to slide on into electrified ropes.  She also will change containers and other such things into things that grab enemies in and devour them.

Those are all the main things of the new update, Update 14.  

So who's excited, because I know I am, for sure!

Comment your opinions!

Edited by zavienh5

While I am glad for new content the impression I got from the stream regarding balancing and mods a majority of people see as useless left a sour taste in my mouth.

Edit: Calayne summed my feelings on the matter up quite nicely.

Edited by Sasquatch180

I'm not. 

Not particularly. 

There's so many other pressing concerns. So many important fixes and additions to the existing systems that have to be done. Redundant mods, useless mods, lackluster core mechanics and unrealised potential all around.

I like the amount of new content in the update that seems to be promised. 

But I can't, for the life of me, be happy over the fact that core mechanics have to be stifled for the sake of growing the mod pool, or simply put on the back burner for the sake of new shinies. 

This is our Gollum overtaking our Gandalf. 

I wouldn't call it the next update, since I'm fairly sure they said they still have a lot of work to do. 

But yeah, I'm hyped about making the map a mario level with grineer-eating lockers and walking explosive barrels.

i do wanna c the region chat explode again at the beginning of updates and....HEIL KICKBOT!

I'm not. 

Not particularly. 

There's so many other pressing concerns. So many important fixes and additions to the existing systems that have to be done. Redundant mods, useless mods, lackluster core mechanics and unrealised potential all around.

I like the amount of new content in the update that seems to be promised. 

But I can't, for the life of me, be happy over the fact that core mechanics have to be stifled for the sake of growing the mod pool, or simply put on the back burner for the sake of new shinies. 

This is our Gollum overtaking our Gandalf. 

new player experience is something that needed to be fixed, seeing as that is what will bring players to the game. and everyone keeps talking about "core gameplay" what exactly is that? I find nothing really wrong with the gameplay, save for bugs every now and then that are usually fixed in a hotfix.

new player experience is something that needed to be fixed, seeing as that is what will bring players to the game. and everyone keeps talking about "core gameplay" what exactly is that? I find nothing really wrong with the gameplay, save for bugs every now and then that are usually fixed in a hotfix.

Well... Let's start with Melee 2.0:

Combos provide no meaning to use them, save for a few; we can't attack flying enemies with our melee; Stances are locked behind grind walls; Parrying is RNG-based, not skill-based as was promised.

Mods are ridiculously skewed in terms of importance, some being required, some being absolutely useless.

Core-mechanics such as parkour don't need mods, so why does Handspring need a mod, when it can be a skill-based mechanism, just as Parry could have been? 

Why do guns out-do swords in every instance? Why is knockdown the primary killer of Tenno? Why is stamina so useless? 

I don't know. These look like issues that at least need addressing to me. Does it look the same to you? Opinions differ. But I dislike grinding and cash-grabs. 

By the way, these are excluding the topics DE has announced that they are aware of and will fix in the future, even if it has been a long time. The ones I've noted are things that DE has not acknowledged with anything more than a rather short comment (Couple of words), or just outright have not acknowledged it. 

Sure, there's a lot of good going for it. But it can be better. It can be a lot better.

Combos provide no meaning to use them, save for a few; we can't attack flying enemies with our melee; Stances are locked behind grind walls; Parrying is RNG-based, not skill-based as was promised.

Mods are ridiculously skewed in terms of importance, some being required, some being absolutely useless.

Core-mechanics such as parkour don't need mods, so why does Handspring need a mod, when it can be a skill-based mechanism, just as Parry could have been? 

Why do guns out-do swords in every instance? Why is knockdown the primary killer of Tenno? Why is stamina so useless? 

I don't know. These look like issues that at least need addressing to me. Does it look the same to you? Opinions differ. But I dislike grinding and cash-grabs. 

By the way, these are excluding the topics DE has announced that they are aware of and will fix in the future, even if it has been a long time. The ones I've noted are things that DE has not acknowledged with anything more than a rather short comment (Couple of words), or just outright have not acknowledged it. 

Sure, there's a lot of good going for it. But it can be better. It can be a lot better.

i think i only agree on the melee 2.0 .-.

Personally Stance mods are not considered "Core mechanic" you can do fine with or without them. And id beg to differ on the Stamina is worthless thing. I have my hydroid with stamina mods and i block with melee reflecting every bullet back at my attacker killing all of them. And sometimes it burns even my maxed marathon stamina! Its not worthless its how you play the game. I use antitoxin on the new breeding grounds event. I don't run through press 4 and everything dies! Ive been using my weapons, and NOT pentas or ogris. The problem with every player is they ALL use the same weapons! Why use a melee weapon when i can press 4!!! why use a shotgun when i can blow up an entire enemy battalion with a penta shot!? So of course you wont see a reason for putting Antitoxin on your warframe because you press a button and those flying infested die! I on the other hand have 5-6 of those dodging rats leaving multiple trails of toxic fog in there wake ticking me for near 50+ damage per second! then it gets worse if I'm proced! These mods are made for specific instances or players who find themselves being knocked down a lot. When your Rhino with Iron skin of course you think Handspring is worthless! But all of this is my opinion. Although i will agree they DO need to flesh out some of the mods polarity coast! Seeing my freeze mod coast 11 points then seeing a dual freeze mod coast 7? sorry but shouldn't that be the other way around? Otherwise the mods are fine FOR NOW IMO

Edit: OH! and yea handspring i guess shouldn't really be a mod. We are "ninjas" this should be ninja training 101 lol

Edited by KibaWesker