Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Grandmaster

B0AR

Yeah no matter how much dialogue they make Rebecca speak (Lotus 2.0 was kinda a joke) it never seems to really satisfy since we run so many missions. We really need a lot more lines, a lot more variation and something that is just specific to us so that we pay attention. Heck even some alternative people to lead us. Why does it always have to be Lotus/Rebecca? I'm sure the Megan fanboys want to another AI that's named after a oriental flower talk to them during missions?

I still remember the Davro posts. He makes for one awesome ringtone with that annoyingly creepy voice... Until I smash my phone in annoyance.

Does the original Rome Total War and Medieval Total War jump to anyone's mind? Like initially you listen, then you stop but once you get a general with specific traits he says unique dialogue you will get to hear very rarely. Tip: If he has the unhinged trait then he should be in charge of your 1st Legion.

Thank me later!

Edited by OriVerda

I approve of this message.

What's more if the planned extra vocals for experience based on Mastery rank* go through, this would make a great addition.

* - ie, those of us with higher master ranks wouldn't necessarily be told that we should not stand in the fire.

so lore wise we would be the "experts"

note that i said lore wise and all tenno are god like fighters so being an "expert" would be more of a title.

I like the idea, but I also think that should also be linked to your mastery rank. So everyone will be able to be referred to as Grandmaster when they reach that rank, but Founders would get access to it early.

Id be cool with this if they did it for all the founders titles. Disciple, Hunter, Master and Grandmaster.

I like the idea, but I don't want to be called a disciple... I'll stick with being called tenno.

That would most likely be more fuel for more founder exlusive rage.

Why? What sense does it make to rage over others being called something slightly different.

I approve of this message.

What's more if the planned extra vocals for experience based on Mastery rank* go through, this would make a great addition.

* - ie, those of us with higher master ranks wouldn't necessarily be told that we should not stand in the fire.

I could totally get behind this. Being called by our mastery rank titles (but with an option for founders to be addressed by their founders title).

I like the idea, but I also think that should also be linked to your mastery rank. So everyone will be able to be referred to as Grandmaster when they reach that rank, but Founders would get access to it early.

that would require a lot of voice work i think this idea was meant to require as little work as possible. i think

Id be cool with this if they did it for all the founders titles. Disciple, Hunter, Master and Grandmaster.

You mean if the Lotus referred to a Founder by their tier? That would be really cool.

It would incite rage from players who are not Founder's, but on the real, I don't care. This is an excellent idea. I have often wished I had ways to make it more known to other players that I am a Grand Master, just because. The badge is kind of small and not noticeable.

Maybe a tag in the players loadout when you're joining a game lobby.

Anyways, +1 OP.

Lol probably but Founders exclusive was called exclusives for a reason. Some people just don't seem to understand that.

I agree.  I don't understand why founders keep on asking for more.  They already got what they paid for.

Imo they should do it based on mastery ranks.  You want lotus to call you a grand master?  Earn it :|

Edited by Aggh

I'd be totally uncomfortable with Lotus calling me her master.

I'm a sub, not a dom.

Hahah oh jee, maybe that's why they didn't do that, too much sexual jokes about Lotus calling people Master. xD

You mean if the Lotus referred to a Founder by their tier? That would be really cool.

It would incite rage from players who are not Founder's, but on the real, I don't care. This is an excellent idea. I have often wished I had ways to make it more known to other players that I am a Grand Master, just because. The badge is kind of small and not noticeable.

Maybe a tag in the players loadout when you're joining a game lobby.

Anyways, +1 OP.

I completely agree with you, I want to be more known as a Grand Master in-game even if they don't do the voice suggestions. A tag of some sort in-game would be neat as well.

I'd be totally uncomfortable with Lotus calling me her master.

I'm a sub, not a dom.

Hahah oh jee, maybe that's why they didn't do that, too much sexual jokes about Lotus calling people Master. xD

Heheh

+1 to OP from me, i like that idea.

Edited by Spectre-Agent

I agree.  I don't understand why founders keep on asking for more.  They already got what they paid for.

Imo they should do it based on mastery ranks.  You want lotus to call you a grand master?  Earn it :|

True but I earned it though throwing cash at Lotus's face! >:D

If we're going to do something along these lines, we'd be better off using the mastery rank titles.  That way they're accessible to everyone.  Seems like a lot of extra voice work though.

Yeah which is why I saw it easier for them to just simply do it for the founders.

i just want to be recognized as a founder without having to bring my founder gear around :/ some people may not understand this feeling but then again if we made it TO public it would cause the rage to grow even more and i dont want to have to see that -_-

i support OP's idea its not public and it makes us founders feel good

Edit: never in my tenno life have i seen this many founders on a non-design council thread :D

Edited by thecool1232

Yeah which is why I saw it easier for them to just simply do it for the founders.

I'd really rather that not happen.  Changing the contents of a package we bought ages ago is just not a good idea.  We already got what we paid for, and if we're changing the deal now, we're opening it up to all kinds of deal changes.

I want it, by the lore and by put some respect/nobleness (I don't think who will set up rage, I never see people in rage with me by my founder), by my understanding a Grandmaster (and the other founders) is a tenno who has much experience fighting, I feel that way at least, because I mastering all weapons is possible and transmit the techniques to face bosses and battles to friends and allies.

I'd really rather that not happen.  Changing the contents of a package we bought ages ago is just not a good idea.  We already got what we paid for, and if we're changing the deal now, we're opening it up to all kinds of deal changes.

They wouldn't be changing the packages, they'd just be adding extra features to the game.

i just want to be recognized as a founder without having to bring my founder gear around :/ some people may not understand this feeling but then again if we made it TO public it would cause the rage to grow even more and i dont want to have to see that -_-

i support OP's idea its not public and it makes us founders feel good

Edit: never in my tenno life have i seen this many founders on a non-design council thread :D

Yeah exactly, it'll just be for us Founders to feel good about ourselves lol.

• 1 month later...

Don't you all ready have a grandmaster button you can press?

Not anymore, then this idea can come in handy. Or what if to make both parties happy, you'r rank Eagle, Hunter, Tiger etc is you'r alias? Then in the end when 30 is the max rank of all tenno. We can all be Grandmaster's. But only a few can define it. And thats ok with me. It's sad that the button was removed, or perhaps hidden. I liked it when Lotus thanked me.