Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Current Electric Shield (Updated For U15!)

Vyrn

has this been tested on T4 stuff like survival or any survival where you have gone over 40+ minutes? if so and volt still does those millions of hit point damage then that's pretty awesome and yet, looks like volt might have to be nerfed. :(

i doubt it's useful in survival more than defense...

But... broken Damage buff from volt is just broken.

i'm not a noob whom have to use Broken ability to play the game. (no offenses)

Variables never fail, data types do!

what fails?

Does using Soma with those many broken elec shield considered fail?

The most broken weapon + elec shield combo are those weapons modded with critical % & damage.

I don't care if they revert the shield stacking damage, or if shield/punchthrough stays nerfed(fixed?), I just want hitscan energy projectiles back  >.<

23k crits on my lanka is already more than I need as long as I can actually hit the enemy, which just became significantly harder for anything over 25 meters. It's hard enough to see through the shield as it is, now I got to predict where the enemy is moving while praying that the wonky pathing doesn't cause them to instantly change direction too?

Edited by RancidTurnip1603

• 2 weeks later...

To anyone who still follows this thread or happens to read this, here is the current state (just tested, confirmed for 13.9.3):

All non-hitscan weapons do not get crit bonuses from stacked Shields (only 2x the crit no matter how many Shields). They do seem to get the bonus Electric damage, however.

Hitscan weapons (like my Grakata) still get the massive crit bonus from stacking shields. This was taken 2 days ago:

ULa2bVU.jpg

Continuous weapons, which I haven't done much testing with in the past come to think of it, also get the stacking bonus. They sometimes take a second or two to actually deal damage when shooting through many Shields, though. This was also taken 2 days ago.

RRT49oE.jpg

At the time, I had Amprex aiming at an enemy for possibly an entire second or two before anything happened, but then a whole bunch of enemies just popped.

I figure I'll keep this post updated (when I think about it at least) with changes I find.

Edited by Vyrnaazus

Rebecca is well aware of the issue. Expect some changes after U14.

I'm oftely sending suggestions to Rebecca, it's will maybe be possible to see the multishot and hitscan gimmick back. ;)

Awesome! It's really great and fun now, but I think I'd like to have a more definite effect. This current stacking effect just seems a bit unintended (with a lot of Shields at least). Plus, I have no idea what it is, but something about it bothers me a little. That might just be that it almost feels like a bug though lol

That second part, though...As much as I like love the super crit damage and all that jazz, the hitscan+multishot effect with energy weapons (and Drakgoon) made me really really happy. Super excited now!

I have feeling that negative amount of damage was because of the fact that variables used by DE in their programming couldn't count any higher. 

They are probably using a variable with a limit, and not something like Big Integer in java.

I have a question about Penta, Ogris, Angstrum and Torid (Missing any grenade/missile launcher?). Do they get the electrical damage bonus? Or are these weapons not supposed to get that bonus and they are working as intended?

I hope someone can test this since i don´t have Warframe on my PC right now and still, i would have to craft some of the weapons i don´t own.

I have a question about Penta, Ogris, Angstrum and Torid (Missing any grenade/missile launcher?). Do they get the electrical damage bonus? Or are these weapons not supposed to get that bonus and they are working as intended?

I hope someone can test this since i don´t have Warframe on my PC right now and still, i would have to craft some of the weapons i don´t own.

I didn't bother with testing them (since I never use them lol), so thanks for bringing it up. I just ran some tests, and here's what I got:

On Torid, Shields do add bonus damage on direct hit and on the damage over time. They even get the stacking bonus, but I don't know about crit bonuses (likely doesn't stack).

Angstrum is the same, stacking the Electric damage bonus. Again, I have no idea if its crits are affected.

Ogris is also the same, stacking the Electric damage bonus, Again, I didn't bother with crits.

Penta gets no damage bonus on the grenade impact itself or on the explosion.

BONUS! Acrid had a damage bonus on the dart itself, but the DoT was unaffected (obviously, the DoT is increased only by base damage).

• 4 weeks later...

As of 14.1.4, the critical damage bonus of Electric Shield no longer stacks. You get only 2x crit damage no matter how many shields you use. The Electric damage bonus, however, does stack, and it seems to do so indefinitely.

Using a Grakata with only Point Strike and Critical Delay (both maxed) and using a Mutalist Osprey as a dummy, as well as having an Extinguished Dergon Key equipped:

Shields: 0  |  Body damage: 2  |  Body crit damage: 5

Shields: 1  |  Body damage: 3  |  Body crit damage: 13

Shields: 2  |  Body damage: 4  |  Body crit damage: 17

Shields: 3  |  Body damage: 5  |  Body crit damage: 21

Shields: 12  |  Body damage: 14  |  Body crit damage: 57

As we can see from this, the Electric damage did add up with more Shields, but the crit bonus remained 400% (Grakata's 200% base doubled by the Shield). One thing to also note from this is that the Electric damage is added before the crit, so this can still give very high damage against Robotics. It can also proc this Electric damage, so it can be used fairly effectively against Corpus/Infested to stun and deal damage.

• 2 weeks later...

How about this?

Crit Damage result multiplier through ES number s is c + (1 - 0.1*s)c or c(2 - 0.1s) with a limit at 9 shields (the tenth lets bullets pass but adds nothing).

Because this has been bothering me for a while. When players complain about over/under-powered damage makers, the answer can't be in adjusting absolute numbers. The problem is the numbers being absolute.Something dynamic like the above suggestion should provide both flexibility and challenge for the players. The ability doesn't become useless in higher levels because of absolute numbers, and isn't just barely good but inflexible because of absolute, wait for it, percentages - which side-step the over/under-power issues by making an ability a simple "press x to cut the ammo you have to spend on target by half".

The screenshots looked awesome, though. Was that an overflow in the last screenshot? So Warframe actually supports up to 1 billion damage points per hit. What crazy post-end-game could we need this for? (Yes, I know it's probably just a programming standards thing but...)

• 2 months later...

Hey.

Don't tell anyone...

hizUy6v.jpg

That's one shot from just a few minutes ago.

IT'S BACK

Edit after some brief testing.

Okay, here's the scoop. Pictures are included.

The old "bug" that spawned extra instances of damage has returned! However, it only applies to hitscan weapons, unlike the original bug. So far, all non-hitscan weapons receive no new bonus. What's interesting is that there's something entirely new from the original bug--the effect stacks per instance of Electric Shield.

For these tests, I used Akmagnus with only Seeker on it.

1 Shield (4 damage numbers)

lxfO1xW.jpg

2 Shields (6 damage numbers)

9geac1P.jpg

4 Shields (10 damage numbers)

UzYjzpB.jpg

For reference, here's Dera with Shred and Metal Auger. There are 2 damage numbers because I forgot to take Split Chamber off.

6knpzK7.jpg

So far, it seems the amount of Punch Through is unnecessary. All that matters is that there is some.

Edit: Copied into OP.

Edited by Vyrnaazus

Every time I try to stack shields it doesn't work, I pop like 10 shields, try with various bows, amphrex and synapse and I seem to only get 50%+ damage. What am I doing wrong?

It seems to only work with hitscan weapons. I was about to test with beam weapons, but you did that for me :p