Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Venka Feels Like Its Lacking...

ViLeDeth

I don't think it sucks overall just needs a few points into speed and slash and definitely don't want it to be like dual ichor.

I'm going to continue using it for a while just because the stance is fun to use.

Would like it if they did make those two positive changes and removed impact damage.

Honestly, I never see how ineffective any weapon is (except the spectra). With proper modding you can make almost any weapon and powerhouse.

With that said, I adore the venka but right now its nothing unique (other than being the first weapon of its kind).

It really needs a higher critical chance/critical damage (25% chance or maybe even 35% chance).

Honestly, I never see how ineffective any weapon is (except the spectra). With proper modding you can make almost any weapon and powerhouse.

With that said, I adore the venka but right now its nothing unique (other than being the first weapon of its kind).

It really needs a higher critical chance/critical damage (25% chance or maybe even 35% chance

Good perspective and suggestion.

It really needs a higher critical chance/critical damage (25% chance or maybe even 35% chance).

And the melee crit mods needs a buff. 60%? Really?

But it's clan tech. 

For all the work it takes up, it needs to be good.

For it being clan tech, I expected somehting....more.  It feels lackluster like it has no "WOW" to it outside of the stance exclusive to it.  Outside of the stance, it doesn't scream "awesome weapon". 

I'm thinking the Venka is more of a way for DE to say that it's just merely the first of its kind and to get feedback and to release more better/varied claw weapons.

Personally I felt the Venka to be lacking, although that's what I usually feel with most fist weapons. I'm not sure what could be done to make the Venka or future claw weapons, but personally It could do with a slightly higher crit chance or perhaps attack speed buff?

Edited by Steelfeathers

I'm thinking the Venka is more of a way for DE to say that it's just merely the first of its kind and to get feedback and to release more better/varied claw weapons.

Personally I felt the Venka to be lacking, although that's what I usually feel with most fist weapons. I'm not sure what could be done to make the Venka or future claw weapons, but personally It could do with a slightly higher crit chance or perhaps attack speed buff?

I honestly would love to see a dragon version of it to upgrade the venka to have a set on your feet as well.  I always loved the ninja gaiden version of the venka that was on the hands and feet (can't remember its name at the moment).  To be honest though, if it was a precursor to that version then they should not put the venka in the dojo but in the marketplace and the dragon version in the dojo.  It feels like they have it backwards in upgradability on some of the items (nikana for instance)

i was hoping it to be a puncture-based weapon, seeing as we don't have too many of those compared to a handful of slash based melee weapons...

i was also expecting it to have a really fast attack speed.

my questions are, is it fun to use with the stance? if it costs forma, will it be worth building it?

I think it's the baby steps of this weapon time. I just don't understand why it's clan tech that is so far into research, that needs to be reworked, seriously. Future claws, hopefully a dragon version of these and a puncture based version that uses spike/needle type claws instead of blades ( hence it being puncture based) will be added to the game for those of us who like this type of thing and want it to be able to compete with other higher tier weapons.  

I do agree with a lot of the posts though, a fighting style like this should be fast, these don't feel that way, they feel just below that. 

personally i dont mind the speed, with spoiled and fury it looks about right to me, im not a fan of the crazy attack speed on zorens and ichor (though ill admit to laughing my @$$ off with zorens + fury + berserker  + volt + valkyr) as the animations just look wrong and comical at that speed, saying that i think the claws need an increase in crit chance and multiplier, as its such a shame that such an awesome weapon and stance are barely mid tier weapons, and the dmg isnt high enough to really make a dot build off it effective (a shame as a bleed toxic build would of been fun - might still be need to test some more the more i think about it).

biut ive mainly been trying a crit viral build and keep swapping between fury and jagged edge and dropping jagged edge in place of berserker (which ius admittedly more effective , im just not such a fan off the crazy attack speed looks wise).

as ive said in another thread though, im HOPING if they dont give them a little buff, we get a nice shiny dragon variant (seeing as dragon seems to be the tenno original special variant set by the release of the dragon nikana being a high level masters variant)

laters

Monk

forgot to add despite all this they are insanely cool to use, been running ash with a pair of akmagnus (5/6 forma i forget which) and just these claws, leaving my sentinal at home (it would solo anything i plan to fight with these things before i got close enough) so crits, procs and style :P

Edited by MonkJayn

Its a nice new looking type of melee however it is lacking to me I would say its just under average

Crit chance:kinda low

Crit damage:average

Speed:needs more

Combo:looks cool

Base damage:to low

For a pair of claws I would have thought I would be fast not as fast as the dual ichors but even with the fury and beserker and no spoiled strike its just to slow status chance is nice but the damage is pretty low as well I prefer the skana and heat dagger. Dont get me wrong its a awsome weapon and fun just not a gd weapon by my standers and I dont use anything other than a skana prime and dual heat swords

Y'all just mad you can't be beautiful
Zhang_He_-_DW6S.png

First trying it out though, it did seem slow and weak (added the stance and max Pressure Point, it was still doing "ok" damage) but the crit chance seems very misleading, or it's just my natural luck, I saw crits going off for a good 80% of my attacks, which did do a considerable amount of damage and after slapping on both Fury and Berserker, it just falls a bit short of Dual Ichor's crack-induced frenzy of hits (that and Swirling Tiger)
Gonna see how well Cicero/Tethra/Breeding mods work on it once it's at 30. Overall, it's a neat weapon, could get a Prime version, maybe call it Phoenix Venka to keep in line with that flamboyant mofo up there.

Mine are 30. Maxed build.

The attack speed is too slow.

The crit chance is too low.

Status is decent.

Base damage is somewhat average for a fist type weapon.

For clan tech, it is very lacking.

I was considering replying, but you've said almost all that needs to be said!

Like the other guy expressed, I'd like to feel like Wolverine, which I don't with these. I've already maxed mine out (bought them yesterday) and I'm disappointed with them. I was expecting them to have slash power like the kamas and great speed to them (like the fang primes). Instead, I've gotten...these..claw-things. They also restrict player movement too much.

I'll be sticking with my fang primes until these are changed.

Edited by -SLX-J3tAc3

It is the sliding attack that irks me to no end. This weapon would infinitely benefit from a unique sliding animation preferably reminiscent of Wolverines drill claw minus the backflip or M.Bisons' Psycho Crusher. Launching oneself forward in midair waist/chest height horizontal in the prone position arms extended forward, claws out possibly rotating clockwise or counter?(rotation not necessary). They institute something like this in a combo as a finishing/knockdown move (I forget the combo name) which adds insult to injury because tha combo finisher looks AWKWARD BUT THEY OBVIOUSLY WANTED TO INCLUDE IT. I can almost hear the girl/guy in DE saying "Lets make the slide attack like Wolverines drill claw!" I'd like to witness the slapping of he genius that vetoed that moment of clarity. They should slap themself in the face. Hard enough to learn a lesson but do no permanent damage. Don't want anymore delays in the awesome game.

Edited by Nkomo-Sama

Y'all just mad you can't be beautiful

Zhang_He_-_DW6S.png

First trying it out though, it did seem slow and weak (added the stance and max Pressure Point, it was still doing "ok" damage) but the crit chance seems very misleading, or it's just my natural luck, I saw crits going off for a good 80% of my attacks, which did do a considerable amount of damage and after slapping on both Fury and Berserker, it just falls a bit short of Dual Ichor's crack-induced frenzy of hits (that and Swirling Tiger)

Gonna see how well Cicero/Tethra/Breeding mods work on it once it's at 30. Overall, it's a neat weapon, could get a Prime version, maybe call it Phoenix Venka to keep in line with that flamboyant mofo up there.

That guy is dope in DW