Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Concerning Vet. Players And New Ships

Keyse

Wow... if people just watched the Dev/Livestreams and stopped making ridiculous forum topics that would be fantastic..

There would be no point in DE giving "veteran" (what's your definition of veteran anyway) players a fully supped-up player ship.. that doesn't even make sense. Also in one of the recent Devstream (29 i believe) Steve said that every player would be given a broken-down, ancient, barely-functioning ship, and that these ships would be upgradable and customizable through finding ship modules. I think he said ship modules and parts would be introduced through the new questing system, but to answer this and ALL your other U14 questions please redirect to here: 

It's less about grinding, to be honest. it's about facing the problem of being presented with a dozen features that you're left to figure out on your own.

With this, it gives you a couple to start with, then hands you more when you're ready.

That's why it's the new player experience. Because it's for new players. Without it, the game is daunting as hell.

I'm experienced gamer, not school kid. I can deal with it, thanks for care.

I'm experienced gamer, not school kid. I can deal with it, thanks for care.

Wasn't implying that at all, but okay

Wow... if people just watched the Dev/Livestreams and stopped making ridiculous forum topics that would be fantastic..

You get too worked up about this lol

These ain't your forums, and not everyone can even watch the streams.

Edited by AdunSaveMe

All DE needs to do is have an option pop-up right as veterans login asking if you want skip the quest and get the ship, or start the process from the beginning.

Seems solid. No point annoying everyone who doesn't want to do it, like they weren't forced to do the tutorial when it was changed.

Or at least, I wasn't. I dunno about the rest of you. I started playing after a break maybe a couple of weeks after it changed.

I don't mind starting from scratch as long as I would be able to complete requirements for foundry within one or two play sessions. I definitely want the full experience of doing a mission to get the labs but it's all about implementation. Make a one day event out of it. Then even if we don't have foundry for a few hours it's an experience within the game, and won't be received as a requirement that DE is putting on players.

Lotus transmission:

Tenno the foundry system has been corrupted by a solar storm, fortunately we have the resources to convert the liset ships to provide this function. Do xyz to build the foundry within your ship.

yeah everyone wants to build it but i wouldn't be surprised if DE finds another way to put stuff behind a huge time wall or grind wall just so people spend plat rushing stuff in that case i would rather just get everything if we are going to have quest to get parts and build stuff then its fine but if its gonna turn out being wait 3days to buiild or rush it with plat then i rather have it already

If we do have to farm then maybe give vets a free rush build option for those components instead of having too wait those three days. But that's all IF

Everyone here's talking about grindwalls for no reason. All of the modules will be acquired through quests. Specifically, Vor's Prize.

There would be no point in DE giving "veteran" (what's your definition of veteran anyway) players a fully supped-up player ship.. that doesn't even make sense. Also in one of the recent Devstream (29 i believe) Steve said that every player would be given a broken-down, ancient, barely-functioning ship, and that these ships would be upgradable and customizable through finding ship modules. I think he said ship modules and parts would be introduced through the new questing system, but to answer this and ALL your other U14 questions please redirect to here: 

A more recent devstream had DE confirming that veteran players would not have their market/foundry functionality taken away from them.

To be fair, it seemed pretty clear to me that DE was still undecided on how they want to tackle the whole issues of player ship introduction. I don't want to make any assumptions on their part until we know how it's going to work as told from the horse's mouth.

Everyone here's talking about grindwalls for no reason. All of the modules will be acquired through quests. Specifically, Vor's Prize.

A more recent devstream had DE confirming that veteran players would not have their market/foundry functionality taken away from them.

They did however mention that veteran input on how the new player experience is would be appreciated.  Since this essentially is the foundation for the development of future quests.

Perhaps have a small incentive to play through the new player experience.  Nothing big, so maybe a new average weapon with a potato installed that is exclusive to finishing the quest.  Have it not accessible trough the market and people will likely go for the mastery points.  This would give the players a taste of a weapon that is supercharged, or better yet give them that weapon and require they use it on that weapon to teach them how to potato gear XD.

That being said just have the areas be playable for Vets without losing their "ships" and replayable for new players after they have completed the experience.

Edited by Rankless

Yea that's what I'm saying.. if people watched the streams and read the forums they wouldn't need to post unnecessary topics.

Wasn't implying that at all, but okay

You get too worked up about this lol

These ain't your forums, and not everyone can even watch the streams.

why can't everyone watch the streams? im not worked up im saying that theres no point in this topic if its already been previously addressed in the forums and on the streams, and no point in speculating what we'll get in the updates until they come

unless DE comes on here and tells us stuff about the update (which they dont typically) then dont make up stuff about the update

also it doesnt make sense for the foundry, market, and arsenal etc. to be locked behind a grindwall of getting ship components, so idek why thats a problem here.. they can't and won't do that

Yea that's what I'm saying.. if people watched the streams and read the forums they wouldn't need to post unnecessary topics.

why can't everyone watch the streams? im not worked up im saying that theres no point in this topic if its already been previously addressed in the forums and on the streams, and no point in speculating what we'll get in the updates until they come

unless DE comes on here and tells us stuff about the update (which they dont typically) then dont make up stuff about the update

also it doesnt make sense for the foundry, market, and arsenal etc. to be locked behind a grindwall of getting ship components, so idek why thats a problem here.. they can't and won't do that

Its a new player experience.  It seems to just be an active tutorial leading you to learn to build.  I doubt it will take long and I doubt that it will take long to build the ship.  I expect it will be an objective of finding parts rather than RNG resource collecting.

Its a new player experience.  It seems to just be an active tutorial leading you to learn to build.  I doubt it will take long and I doubt that it will take long to build the ship.  I expect it will be an objective of finding parts rather than RNG resource collecting.

exactly what im saying... the new player experience and player ship will be the same for everyone (most likely) and learning to use the ship and get the parts wont be a grindfest or behind RNG walls..

wouldn't make sense for "veteran" players to not have to build up their ship OR for new players to have to grind to learn how to use the ship

/thread

the only issue i have, is will the current players foundry still be *building* items even if we don't have the module ?, because it would SUCK if U14 comes and i have 10 things building and 4 waiting to be claimed and BAM  they are either gone or they have stopped building :/

but i don't mind the free things, but i would not mind farming for them just for the experience of it

the only issue i have, is will the current players foundry still be *building* items even if we don't have the module ?, because it would SUCK if U14 comes and i have 10 things building and 4 waiting to be claimed and BAM  they are either gone or they have stopped building :/

but i don't mind the free things, but i would not mind farming for them just for the experience of it

my initial impression was that we'd still have the basic utilities of building and changing our loadout, but that new features would be available through acquiring certain modules and such.

like to me it makes little sense that i have to go and find a "genetic Foundry Module" just to be able to use the genetic foundry..

i mean if modules are ALL acquired through quests, then that makes some sense, but otherwise no

I haven't watched the stream, but from what people are saying here...

Honestly, I'd rather be given an option than to have DE throw something at me that I probably wouldn't like.

You want freebies? Freebies for you. You want to get rid of our foundry? Get rid of it.

I think it would be better if this was an option, not something that the majority decides and the minority who didn't agree with it, has to just, 'deal with it'.

That's my opnion at least.

exactly what im saying... the new player experience and player ship will be the same for everyone (most likely) and learning to use the ship and get the parts wont be a grindfest or behind RNG walls..

wouldn't make sense for "veteran" players to not have to build up their ship OR for new players to have to grind to learn how to use the ship

/thread

The thing is, DE stated that veteran players would have these modules from the get-go.

Please bear with me while I make a parallel story.

A somewhat common question you can see asked here on the forums is: "Hey guys, if I destroy/relocate this dojo research room, will my current research continue/save?"

The answer to these threads is as follows:

"Hello there, do not fret. When you destroy a research room in your dojo and rebuild it somewhere else, all your completed research will be saved, and any in progress research will have continued even while the room you destroyed wasn't there. For example, if you started the Synapse before you destroyed the room and rebuilt the lab 3 days later, the research would be complete."

So, the moral of this story is, is that all construction projects that are related to your account in some way are saved to DE's servers - and when you open them up later they will be just how you left them. The dojo analogy I just gave you is proof of that - so when we get player ships our inventories are likely to be just as they were as if nothing had ever changed AND anything was was already building will have continued ticking along and will complete right on schedule. I hope that addresses your worries.

Edited by DJ_Redwire

The thing is, DE stated that veteran players would have these modules from the get-go.

when did they state that? and where? and who are "veteran" players? everyone who has played before U14 or some other stupid definition?

Eh, I'd rather not have to re earn basic stuff like the foundry and market.  New systems like the genetic foundry?  Sure.  I'll play through vors prize either way, but it would be annoying to be locked out of stuff we've had all along when a new update launches.

I agree completely. Veterans Player must have the option to build the ship from de basic or take the full ship in hand. We want to see everything.
But is obviosly that more content, other solar system and more new stuff will be most welcome!

I don't care either way - it will likely be less than or equal to an hour of gameplay to unlock the stuff. It's not like the foundry will suddenly become the brakk. It's beta, it's fine if they reset stuff a little bit for the sake of having people test it out.

Edited by VegetableBasket