Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Platinum Trade And Why It's Bad.

Kaoru_Konneko

I fail to understand why everyone is trying to come up with ideas that mess around with DE income making streams.

If they are making too much money, maybe they will eventually change things to be easier on players, and they will make that choice on their own. Until then, to all you non-montly paying, non-Platinum pack buyers that are playing this game for free, with stuff being given away in Alerts, easy as pie Nightmare missions and trivial to finish events, complaining you don't yet have all the damn Pokemon cards is frankly ludicrous.

Nothing is stopping you - and I mean NOTHING AT ALL - you all "unhappy players" to make one massive Dojo where you can just trade mods for mods all day long among yourselves, so you can stop messing around with other people market meta games.

I stay out of general trading and get the odd mod off clan mates, and even tip the odd plat here and there as a courtesy, cause 1 Plat = 5 cents, so who actually cares.

You already have all the tools to get around "the problems", stop trying to nerf other people's tools.

Buying for platinum is fine, what the game needs though is a trading post similar to STO where you deposit the item you wish to sell, set the price you want for it, and people browsing can buy it if they wish.

The current buying selling system is garbage.

i want the OPTION to be bale to trade some of my crafting materials to folks or evne use my god dam credits just sitting there, i have a hugely annoying tie getting dam neural sensors just never seem to drop ofr me and af ew of my friends cant seem to get it as well apart from a couple but always seemingly out of credits so i was gunna trade the guy a fair amount of my credits for his neural sensors.... then found out we could trade neither what the hell is with that.

also i severly doubt that this so called [DE]Kickbot is an actual employee of DE's and jsut someone trying to have a simuler name cause no employee with 2 braincells would say anything remotely like that.

I fail to understand why everyone is trying to come up with ideas that mess around with DE income making streams.

If they are making too much money, maybe they will eventually change things to be easier on players, and they will make that choice on their own. Until then, to all you non-montly paying, non-Platinum pack buyers that are playing this game for free, with stuff being given away in Alerts, easy as pie Nightmare missions and trivial to finish events, complaining you don't yet have all the damn Pokemon cards is frankly ludicrous.

Nothing is stopping you - and I mean NOTHING AT ALL - you all "unhappy players" to make one massive Dojo where you can just trade mods for mods all day long among yourselves, so you can stop messing around with other people market meta games.

I stay out of general trading and get the odd mod off clan mates, and even tip the odd plat here and there as a courtesy, cause 1 Plat = 5 cents, so who actually cares.

You already have all the tools to get around "the problems", stop trying to nerf other people's tools.

This is a fairly ignorant take on the situation. First off it is not particularly effective or realistic to say to potentially even 1% of Warframe players you all join a clan if you want these specific things.  You do know how many tenno's that is right? Now what if that is closer to 30% yeah...

I don't know about anything else or anyone else, but I am not trying to 'nerf' anyone's system. I am looking to make it a fair system one where people can be visible and are able to participate in whatever trade they want to participate in regardless of the real time or real/non physical resources they have.

This 'argument' you make is detrimental to a mostly healthy discussion.  

Also 'messing with DE's income streams' is a silly notion, as it stands they are making less than they could be. If there was an easier to use system for trading, people would actually be trading more platinum.  As it stands only a certain percent are really able to trade effectively while many people just give up. Having a fairly extensive background in internet marketing solutions, if you want people to spend more money make the checkout as simple and easy as possible. The more hiccups you have, slowdowns, or impediments the more people abandon 'cart' so to speak and fail to complete transactions.

I can assure you many more people would be trading platinum and spending platinum in a healthy market system of any sort than the current choked up system that we currently have. It is technically in DE's best interest to facilitate/provide a better trading system. It will result in more money ultimately for them.

Edited by SirProper

I totally disagree. You are basically complaining that the "random" part in the random generator is not giving you what you want, so the game feels too grindy, so you can't get the parts you want fast enough, therefore you have to trade, and when you trade, everything costs plat, and you don't like the plat trading.

That is a rather large chain of events that you only seem to be seeing - as I and my friends are not - and you want to apply a "fix" by changing plat trading.

Seriously?

The game is free. I have stated many times that DE practically throws stuff at you, and that people constantly ask others to help them burn keys because they don't want to solo the missions.

You don't need to build everything and play everything. I've been playing just over a month, and I had to get plat from the market just to make slots for the weapons and frames that I keep getting pieces for in mission. Only did 5 runs on Vey Heck, and got all the Hydroid parts for example. Yes, I am fully aware that because - "random" - it is theoretically possible to make infinite runs and just get Helmets.

What you are unhappy at, is not the plat trading, but the random number generator. Well guess what, its called that for a reason. Maybe you should suggest ideas that would allow a better distribution of loot drops, rather then attack the current "market" system.

Haven't read the entire thread (except for the first page) but I'll post anyway.

Platinum is more flexible, I can do more with it then any item you offer me. I COULD give you a Loki Prime helmet for a mod, but why would I? I already have most of the mods and items in the game, so nothing else you offer is of any value to me. At least with platinum I can buy cosmetic items, help rush crafting, or donate to the clan dojo, or even give plat to friends who need slots or reactors/catalysts.

Actually recently I traded a Loki Prime helmet for an Arcane version of Ember's Phoenix helmet since the guy lacked the plat, figured I'd help him out -- the Phoenix helmet? Yeah, absolutely useless to me and no one is willing to buy it at a reasonable price.

I'm going to guess none of you read DE_Megan's post relating to this topic.  A player posted that he was unable to use 30 of his 31 units of plat to make a trade with another player for an item.  Below is Megan's response:

"Posted 17 June 2014 - 12:17 PM

Unfortunately the (30) Platinum you're trying to trade was either given you to via trade or you've won it at some point. This Platinum is unable to be traded. If you wish to contact Support, they can dig more information and explain further."  (Emphasis added by me.)

My take on her comment was that, if for example you trade a mod for platinum, those specific units of plat can thereafter only be used to purchase things from DE, and cannot be used to buy things from other players.  I'm guessing this is to try and make sure that players can't become wealthy plat merchants, and potentially take business away from DE's Market.

If someone has firm proof that this interpretation is incorrect (as opposed to anecdotes, i.e., "Well, I did thus and so, and I never blah blah blah"), please correct me, as I'd like to be wrong about this.

I'm going to guess none of you read DE_Megan's post relating to this topic.  A player posted that he was unable to use 30 of his 31 units of plat to make a trade with another player for an item.  Below is Megan's response:

"Posted 17 June 2014 - 12:17 PM

Unfortunately the (30) Platinum you're trying to trade was either given you to via trade or you've won it at some point. This Platinum is unable to be traded. If you wish to contact Support, they can dig more information and explain further."  (Emphasis added by me.)

My take on her comment was that, if for example you trade a mod for platinum, those specific units of plat can thereafter only be used to purchase things from DE, and cannot be used to buy things from other players.  I'm guessing this is to try and make sure that players can't become wealthy plat merchants, and potentially take business away from DE's Market.

If someone has firm proof that this interpretation is incorrect (as opposed to anecdotes, i.e., "Well, I did thus and so, and I never blah blah blah"), please correct me, as I'd like to be wrong about this.

Unfortunately I have no way to provide "firm proof" as screenshots can't really convey it really well, but I currently have 20p in my account that I got from selling prime parts. I can give you a unit of this in-game as proof these can be traded.

Unfortunately I have no way to provide "firm proof" as screenshots can't really convey it really well, but I currently have 20p in my account that I got from selling prime parts. I can give you a unit of this in-game as proof these can be traded.

I understand, and that was what I thought as well.  But that's a specific quote, from a DE representative, so I think we have to take it at face value until we hear something different from DE.

If you're able to re-trade plat, consider yourself a lucky exception, I guess.

I understand, and that was what I thought as well.  But that's a specific quote, from a DE representative, so I think we have to take it at face value until we hear something different from DE.

Nobody in my clan has had any problem re-trading plat, nor in my alliance. I think not being able to re-trade plat may be the exception rather than the rule.

Edit: I think platinum from certain sources such as giveaways and the 50 starter plat is unable to be traded.

Edited by vaugahn

Nobody in my clan has had any problem re-trading plat, nor in my alliance. I think not being able to re-trade plat may be the exception rather than the rule.

Edit: I think platinum from certain sources such as giveaways and the 50 starter plat is unable to be traded.

Plat that was bought can be traded. Plat gained for free (meaning nobody paid for it, anywhere down the line) cannot be traded.

Edited by AdunSaveMe