Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

What Do You Want To See Most For Mods 2.0?

Sasquatchias

If nothing else I want it so that builds with nothing but Damage and Multi-shot Mods aren't the best in every single situation.

Edit: Pointing out that we are already in Mods 2.0 or anything relating to that isn't contributing to the discussion.

Edited by Sasquatch180

Why do jaded vets have to barf all over honest threads?

C'mon people, be civil.

Next balance pass on mods, I'd like to see no damage mods survive at all.

Just use utility mods and put +% damage on all the utility mods.

Maybe reload speed also +20% damage and mag size is +20% damage. Punch-through is +10%. A really good nightmare mod like Ice Storm might only give a tiny +5% damage. So when you pick your utility for each slot you may gain or lose a small amount that you have to consider on build level. If you put all the best mods nightmare/corrupted on there with multiple benefits, they may have crappy damage bonuses leaving you a good % behind someone who's using normal mods and getting less utility, so it's still utility v damage, but you're not actually picking DAMAGE MOD vs UTILITY MOD anymore; you're just working within how you want to customize the weapon. Same thing with elements. If you stacked all elements your damage would be terrible from having no utility mods.

Not sure what to do with Multishot. Have to see how the numbers work out. Generally though I don't like it because it's a balance nightmare as it affects everything so differently. I'd rather see multishot moved entirely to stance-like mods. Like 'Volley' stance for bows giving them +600% multishot and a big accuracy reduction.

Why do jaded vets have to barf all over honest threads?

C'mon people, be civil.

Next balance pass on mods, I'd like to see no damage mods survive at all.

Just use utility mods and put +% damage on all the utility mods.

Maybe reload speed also +20% damage and mag size is +20% damage. Punch-through is +10%. A really good nightmare mod like Ice Storm might only give a tiny +5% damage. So when you pick your utility for each slot you may gain or lose a small amount that you have to consider on build level. If you put all the best mods nightmare/corrupted on there with multiple benefits, they may have crappy damage bonuses leaving you a good % behind someone who's using normal mods and getting less utility, so it's still utility v damage, but you're not actually picking DAMAGE MOD vs UTILITY MOD anymore; you're just working within how you want to customize the weapon. Same thing with elements. If you stacked all elements your damage would be terrible from having no utility mods.

Not sure what to do with Multishot. Have to see how the numbers work out. Generally though I don't like it because it's a balance nightmare as it affects everything so differently. I'd rather see multishot moved entirely to stance-like mods. Like 'Volley' stance for bows giving them +600% multishot and a big accuracy reduction.

To the "jaded vets" comment, it's because people don't like seeing other people's blatant ignorance of history of a game, but that isn't their fault as they have never known anything else than what we have. Personally, I thought strawberries were a type of candy and not an actual fruit until a year or so ago.

Anyway, back to the rest of your comment. I agree. Honestly I'm tired of the "Stack damage, Win." issue. In every other game, you stack damage, you lose accuracy. There should, at some point, be a draw back to just stacking damage, stack stack stack damage and win is BAD. There is no skill, there is no "Okay, my sniper has a 5X multiplier on headshots, so I have to put on mods to reduce recoil, increase zoom, and increase accuracy to hit the target." instead its "Hurr durr, my sniper has 100 base damage, i'll just put elemental mods on it and rearrange them based on the enemies I fight so it does more damage to them."

there is no "Okay, my sniper has a 5X multiplier on headshots, so I have to put on mods to reduce recoil, increase zoom, and increase accuracy to hit the target." instead its "Hurr durr, my sniper has 100 base damage, i'll just put elemental mods on it and rearrange them based on the enemies I fight so it does more damage to them."

I really hope that DE gets this. I may even PM it to Scott.

NO ONE will dodge the fireball if they can put on a fire resist ring and ignore the hit. NO ONE will go find the dragon's weak point if they can use an ice sword and hit it anywhere. NO ONE will give up the ring or the sword to get anything else and they will declare the game 'broken' if they have to give up anything fun or useful or powerful to keep their 'mandatory' equipment. The only way to keep that dragon interesting is to not give them the ability to negate the action mechanics with RPG mechanics in the first place.

Edited by VKhaun

I really hope that DE gets this. I may even PM it to Scott.

NO ONE will dodge the fireball if they can put on a fire resist ring and ignore the hit. NO ONE will go find the dragon's weak point if they can use an ice sword and hit it anywhere. NO ONE will give up the ring or the sword to get anything else and they will declare the game 'broken' if they have to give up anything fun or useful or powerful to keep their 'mandatory' equipment. The only way to keep that dragon interesting is to not give them the ability to negate the action mechanics with RPG mechanics in the first place.

If nothing else you could probably PM it to Drew who can put it up in the Community Hot Topics.

I'd like to see them remove WF based skill mods from drop tables. there are other simple ways to give ppl those extra mods, and to be honest, the skill mods aren't neccessary, by the time you've leveled your WF a few levels you should of been able to max out those skill mods pretty easily using a few cores.

i would like actual build deviation

Shots fired!

I agree though. Flat "moar damage!" type mods are extremely boring unless they carry a side-effect. And by that I don't necessarily mean "this mod increases X but lower Y" (because that often feels like a nerf... which it is) but "I choose to increase X stat instead of Y, which now stays at default" if you get me. Lowering stats of anything often doesn't feel good, and MUCH more important, it's not fun. This way I think you get away with the whole "choice" deal WITHOUT nerfing the weapon and/or warframe.

Edited by Tarudizer

So we want... Mods 3.0?

Meh?

Mod system is fine right now. Try using unpotato'd four forma'd weapons if you want build deviation. Or just say to yourself "I'm not going to use my maxed out Serration and Split Chamber and see what I can do." Honestly, things like larger mag capacity, recoil reduction are simply unneeded. Weapons with insane recoil don't get more accurate, just smoother. I can't think of a single use for a zoom mod.

Truth be told, the only three 'utility' mods that I use are Ammo Mutations, Reload speed and WIldfire on my Penta/Ignis.

Because of "I went into a survival for four hours/Wave 100 ODD" heroes, its not going to change. Ever.

To the "jaded vets" comment, it's because people don't like seeing other people's blatant ignorance of history of a game, but that isn't their fault as they have never known anything else than what we have. Personally, I thought strawberries were a type of candy and not an actual fruit until a year or so ago.

Anyway, back to the rest of your comment. I agree. Honestly I'm tired of the "Stack damage, Win." issue. In every other game, you stack damage, you lose accuracy. There should, at some point, be a draw back to just stacking damage, stack stack stack damage and win is BAD. There is no skill, there is no "Okay, my sniper has a 5X multiplier on headshots, so I have to put on mods to reduce recoil, increase zoom, and increase accuracy to hit the target." instead its "Hurr durr, my sniper has 100 base damage, i'll just put elemental mods on it and rearrange them based on the enemies I fight so it does more damage to them."

but but.. strawberry is not a fruit.. :p

on the topic.. I would just like to see Mods with a rank slider. If you maxed out a mod but then wanted a that is one rank lower, how ridiculous is it that you need another copy, instead of just bringing the Mod donw a notch.

I want to see most mods actually have a use and to be worth the points and slots. There are so many useless or underpowered mods like rifle aptitude, what's the point in a 15% status chance increase and why does it cost 9 energy. And physical damage mods like rupture only being 30% which is basically never worth taking over 90% elemental mods.