Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

De, Please Please Do Not Do Business With Perfect World (Mega/hyper/ultrathread)

wendiGhoul

http://www.investopedia.com/articles/basics/03/030703.asp

You should be directing people here as I believe it would be more helpful. Particularly this part

"... that this company has 1,000 authorized shares. If it offered 300 shares in an IPO, gave 150 to the executives and retained 550 in the treasury, then the number of shares outstanding would be 450 shares (300 float shares + 150 restricted shares). If after a couple years XYZ was doing extremely well and wanted to buy back 100 shares from the market, the number of outstanding shares would fall to 350, the number of treasury shares would increase to 650 and the float would fall to 200 shares since the buyback was done through the market (300 – 100)."

Also, if "outstanding" actually means floating & unrestricted shares, there's always the chance that DE has only made 49% or less of its shares available (and left the rest restricted). Which would be fine because PWE wouldn't own the company.

Float is the unrestricted shares mate.

Light in the darkness.

Hey, look! Hope!

No company would have more then 49% of it's stock outstanding unless it was going belly up.

Yeah, just finished reading through the definition of outstanding shares. Outstanding shares do not comprise 100% of a company's shares, not by a longshot (unless the company went full public and unrestricted 100% of its shares).

Outstanding just means floating and unrestricted shares, and DE as the company holds control of the % of shares which are unrestricted. This means that they could have made 49% or less of their shares unrestricted/floating, meaning that PWE is likely not buying 100% of shares. 

My guess is that DE wants to remain as the owner of their own company and have authority over design decisions, in which case PWE is literally just investing money by buying the outstanding (floating/unrestricted) shares. If I had to hazard a guess, I'd guess this number would be anywhere between 5 and 25% of total shares.

PWE is only getting as many shares as DE is willing to sell. DE can still restrict as many shares as they want to prevent PWE from buying them all.

i know this is off topic but... Here are my taxes doge...

What I fear from this is the potential buy-out led by Perfect World Ltd. later on. 

As long as DE holds majority shares or someone within DE holds more shares than PWE, PWE cannot do a buy out.

No company would have more then 49% of it's stock outstanding unless it was going belly up.

And I don't believe DE is going belly up; they're still hiring new employees.

DE, for the love of god, whoever's idea this was, talk some sense into them.

Perfect world WILL meddle with things. You went solo with this game to avoid that.

Not to mention, going through with this is basically suicide.

You want proof?

Just look at this thread.

Perfect World Entertainment and their handling of past games (see Rusty Hearts) just shows their ineptness in this field of management. Though acquisition would be fine if Warframe for the most part remained independent even if under the name of PWE.

Sounds... tolerate-able.

I'm still scared that there might be major changes.

I.... I just couldn't live with this.

if they're only investing in a small number of shares, then they don't have any influence, and are only trying to build their own share base, nothing more. I hope this is the case. I truly do

Not really =/ 

Definition of 'Outstanding Shares'

A company's stock currently held by all its shareholders, including share blocks held by institutional investors and restricted shares owned by the company’s officers and insiders.

http://www.investopedia.com/terms/o/outstandingshares.asp

Oh dear. Well this coupled with a lack of response and DE changing their name to DE LIMITED...Yea.... no bueno. Rebecca it is time to do damage control. I'm not sure you can. If you cannot I'd assume a confidentiality clause is in place which facilitates a deal. GRAN MALO. Xbox one...ps4...open beta... I am going to reserve final judgment and remain confident. It would be nice to wow us and follow through right now. I have my spin goggles on. Shoot straight.

you keep doing this. you make a mistake and defend it.

you're not mature enough to admit that people can't read your mind when you make a one word post.

WHAT WAS THE @(*()$ MISTAKE YOU NEVER TOLD IT TO ME! HOW CAN I KNOW I MADE A MISTAKE IF I DONT EVEN KNOW HOW IT WAS A MISTAKE! 

As long as DE holds majority shares or someone within DE holds more shares than PWE, PWE cannot do a buy out.

And I don't believe DE is going belly up; they're still hiring new employees.

If DE could've/could inform us of that... That'd be great.

yeah he hate the fact they the Tenno are model related to asian culture.

Hiding info much?

You made that thread saying we need more Japanese S#&$ in the game.

And as usual, you tried to defend yourself saying "oh no I meant Asian~"

Please. The whole story. Don't leave S#&$ out.

Yeah, just finished reading through the definition of outstanding shares. Outstanding shares do not comprise 100% of a company's shares, not by a longshot (unless the company went full public and unrestricted 100% of its shares).

Outstanding just means floating and unrestricted shares, and DE as the company holds control of the % of shares which are unrestricted. This means that they could have made 49% or less of their shares unrestricted/floating, meaning that PWE is likely not buying 100% of shares. 

My guess is that DE wants to remain as the owner of their own company and have authority over design decisions, in which case PWE is literally just investing money by buying the outstanding (floating/unrestricted) shares. If I had to hazard a guess, I'd guess this number would be anywhere between 5 and 25% of total shares.

PWE is only getting as many shares as DE is willing to sell. DE can still restrict as many shares as they want to prevent PWE from buying them all.

Thank you for bringing hope XD

Truth?

The Free2Play moniker has done this, imo...

Development costs money.

When you don't pay money into the process, development still costs money.

The company has employees and they don't work for free.

DE has ever been a for profit venture...

They got bills like everybody else.

Whatever this business is with PWE, it's meant to either put their ledgers in the black or help keep them there.

We can choose not to like it, but we have to respect it.

Please be true.

I just can't see DE, a company which since the beginning has shown that this is the game they always wanted to make and that they would stand by it, selling out to another company. I will wait to hear DE's response, and hopefully it will come soon.

DE PLEASE RESPOND!!!

WHAT WAS THE @(*()$ MISTAKE YOU NEVER TOLD IT TO ME! HOW CAN I KNOW I MADE A MISTAKE IF I DONT EVEN KNOW HOW IT WAS A MISTAKE! 

Woah. Calm down there bud. You can say the same thing with no caps/swearing and it'll seem a lot more respectful.