The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

De, Please Please Do Not Do Business With Perfect World (Mega/hyper/ultrathread)

wendiGhoul

Didn't something EXACTLY like this happen several months back when someone made a thread with "evidence" saying that [insert Evil Company Here] was buying out Digital Extremes, and a few hours later DE confirmed it to be false?

Which "Evil Company"?

Didn't something EXACTLY like this happen several months back when someone made a thread with "evidence" saying that [insert Evil Company Here] was buying out Digital Extremes, and a few hours later DE confirmed it to be false?

The last time this sort of thing happened was because DE was adding some other company as a distribution outlet. 

Don't think there has been anything along these lines

Well if it is false I can go back to eating ice cream in a more relaxed and calm fashion without having to worry about another evil F2P company stalking me to the end of the earth.

All I know is that it's happening now, and it looks pretty legit looking.

Remember like a year ago when similar thing happened, but it turns out it only was as far as with Steam - only purchase platinum through them. Though this one specifically wants to acquire all of DE.

Ya and all of these websites are shady and have no credibility. DE is large and reputable enough that if this was real there would be reports from gaming sites considering this information was released 3 days ago.

I forget exactly as it was many months ago, but I remember something likes this happening before.

I was not on the forums at the time, so I just asked. 

But in all seriousness, I do fear that another pay-to-win/pay-to-play gaming company takes over yet another good free-to-play game (which is probably the fifth time in my gaming history). 

I have already advised my clanmates and alliance members(around 3000 players) to stop buying platinum until DE's official response about this.

We are very familiar with PW's capability of turning awesome games into mindless money sinks. So it is better to stop paying for a would be money-sink game sooner than later. We will resume our normal platinum purchase when DE denies PW's investment or when we are made sure PW's involvement will not affect the future development of Warframe(might take a few month).

As clanmate/alliance-mate of Lyvshalker, I agree to what he said. I will stop my platinum purchase until we are assured that PW's involvement won't adversely affect the game.

Well if it is false I can go back to eating ice cream in a more relaxed and calm fashion without having to worry about another evil F2P company stalking me to the end of the earth.

Don't worry, we have our own Stalker.

All I know is that it's happening now, and it looks pretty legit looking.

Looks can be pretty deceiving. Like I've said, until something official is stated, we're all full of sh*t.

Ya and all of these websites are shady and have no credibility. DE is large and reputable enough that if this was real there would be reports from gaming sites considering this information was released 3 days ago.

Perhaps it's being somehow magically kept hush hush and away from kotaku and the like.

The last time this sort of thing happened was because DE was adding some other company as a distribution outlet. 

Don't think there has been anything along these lines

Yeah it was a distribution company who was going to have no say whatsoever in warframe.  That doesn't mean DE didn't do business with said company -- they did, and it turned out to be harmless.

I have already advised my clanmates and alliance members(around 3000 players) to stop buying platinum until DE's official response about this.

We are very familiar with PW's capability of turning awesome games into mindless money sinks. So it is better to stop paying for a would be money-sink game sooner than later. We will resume our normal platinum purchase when DE denies PW's investment or when we are made sure PW's involvement will not affect the future development of Warframe(might take a few month).

As clanmate/alliance-mate of Lyvshalker, I agree to what he said. I will stop my platinum purchase until we are assured that PW's involvement won't adversely affect the game.

I was not on the forums at the time, so I just asked. 

But in all seriousness, I do fear that another pay-to-win/pay-to-play gaming company takes over yet another good free-to-play game (which is probably the fifth time in my gaming history). 

It may be my last... I.. i cant take this. For it to happen today is an infamy i cant wipe off my soul.

The silence from DE speaks volumes...its 10 am on the east coast. They know this thread is happening.

It's no surprise there are purchase attempts. Warframe's popularity has skyrocketed so I'd be surprised if there WASN'T purchase attempts. That said, we simply do not know the exact nature of what is going on.