Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

De, Please Please Do Not Do Business With Perfect World (Mega/hyper/ultrathread)

wendiGhoul

Well what are they gonna say... I mean I wish they did say something but it doesn't sound good or look good from what I've read.  So if they came out and said "PW is buying us" then you would have a massive exodus of players and these forums would go nuclear.  

Wow I've never seen so many people freak out without reason.

I'll explain it in a nutshell, DE might be purchased by an Asian "F2P" Video Game Company.

This is bad. It's very bad. Imagine if Warframe was run by a huge company that milks the game for all it's worth by making basically everything require payment, then after it's completely drained, they throw it away, fire everyone in charge of the game, and go on to another one. No more friendly developers that listen to their community, no more frequent updates, and a lot more greed.

the problem with games on PWE, all the F2P model they have are so bad that it gave them such a bad rep, One of the few reason why I continue to support WF is how friendly the model they have to the F2P community, the game is still playable even of you dont spend much plat. I guess its all too late... all we can hope for is for the best.

Meh I was about done with this game anyway - the Kubrow were the last straw. Fix the broken game instead of furry animals DE. Maybe if PW takes over they will actually address the core issues this game has been having for over a year.

At this point any change is good change imo

The day Warframe died and the Lotus just stood there and watched...

Deep stuff right there. Nevertheless, it seems that not even DERebecca knows the details of their business with Perfect World Entertainment. With time, details should be relayed to us Tenno. Stay strong until then.

I have never payed for a f2p game before...however, I payed more for Warframe than any retail game I have, even becoming a founder. Why? Because it was the first to do it right, with a never ending horizon of potential. No middle-man; publisher = developer. Should PWE truly become involved, I, along with many others, will have to "take the bitter pill" and let Warframe go.

DON'T DO IT DE! Warframe is still one of my top favorite games, and the best f2p at that!

Warframe is one of the special F2P games that absolutely does not require any money for you to be as effective as anyone else. I want to keep it that way please.

Granted, no one is 100% sure what PW would do if they did acquire DE, but it seems like people who have experience with PW's games know what kinds of things they would do.

DE's developed other games in the past, they're not strictly Warframe, but the fact that PW focuses on online "F2P" games seems like they are targeting DE for Warframe specifically.

I recover from a (thankfully, relatively mild) case of depression, start playing again, and I come back to this? This seriously made me reach for my medication.

If it happens, I'll give it one month. If within that time, I see anything that remotely resembles what PWE has done with its other games, I'll move to Vindictus.