The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

De, Please Please Do Not Do Business With Perfect World (Mega/hyper/ultrathread)

wendiGhoul

This reminds me another strong community game. The Eve Online. When the devs there made an awfully unaccurate gameinnovation... The CEO of CCP himself made a public excuses... But. Don't think this will happen or help in our case.

ironically the update that led to the massive uprising involved walking in space stations

Don't panic?

We have death at our doorstep

that gives enough reason to panic for alot of people

No we don't. Everyone is blowing this out of proportion because they didn't take the time to read the articles thoroughly and actually look up the words and phrases they don't know.

I'd point out that Perfect World has no interest at all in having a minority stake in a company. They don't buy "some" shares. They either buy a controlling stake or they don't waste their time/money. If they are interested in buying the outstanding shares of DE, it's because there's more than 50% outstanding.

You know this how, exactly?

What PWE does to games, just entertaing the thought makes me panic. I fired up BLR, post Zombie.. HOLY GOD. Everything is either gated through one dollar scratch offs or cost 3-20 dollars. I mean, a muzzle, 3.50, receiver 7.50. You can't even rent receivers any more. Most of that was SOP. But they took it to another level one Zombie backed down.

I don't see DE fighting back at PWE..DE doesn't have people like Jared, who fuckin' hold lectures on prospective game developers, who freaked out when the T's in CS:GO didn't have a watch on, he said "I was scared, I was he naked?" I don't see people like him who'd put his dreams on the line, his job on the line to keep the asian style P2W monitzation in check. I'm sorry.

S#&$ the only time I do see them is when they screw up, or just deflect the roaring issues on devstreams. Yeah, no, that's not the sum of integrity it'd take to keep PWE honest.

so I will freak the hell out, thanks.

And I'll even wager a guess that they're struggling, or just fed up.

Seriously dude?

Read the article he linked. There is no reason to freak the hell out.

I'll ask my broker if they're publically traded. I doubt they are, so why are we talking about shares? PWE aquires they don't just invest in things. Espeically small studios like DE.

If they are publically traded, I'll move some S#&$ around in my portfolio enough to be a minor/major shareholder, then I'll call Steve everytime an update doesn't tickle my fancy.

DE has privately traded shares.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Private_company_limited_by_shares

It is extremely unlikely to be a majority amount of shares.

And we're talking about shares because I can't actually remember. It seemed like a good idea at the time. 8D

You know this how, exactly?

Every game PWE has got their hands on before has never help the game never, they turn it into a cash grab every time. But yeah lets not be worried at all about it.

Thank you Letter13!!

Please, everyone, if people begin to panic again, repost this. There is no need to panic until we receive more information. I'm not saying to stop posting your disapproval, we need as much of that as we can get, but please, stop abandoning ship. There is simply no reason to.

Well...

Seriously dude?

Read the article he linked. There is no reason to freak the hell out.

Don't tell me how to feel. Damnit. If I wanna be mad through text than I will. Am I breaking S#&$ and yelling, no. But you're not the boss of my forum persona.

I think Blacklight's pretty solid right now. You can still wreck with scrub mods.

Also, aren't you usually saying "Screw new content, give us fixes"? Which I agree with, I'm just calling you out.

BLR is not really that good as to what you make it out to be.. for one its more easily hackable because the devs has pretty much gave up

earning enough for perma weapons takes a long time

trading never happens now because everyone is to scared of getting scammed

cloaking Mk2 is OP and along with other equipment that is guess what only for Zen

fair enough you could have a great time in CBT and when it launched into OBT , but now its just dripping down and down

DE's made some boneheaded decisions in the past, but I doubt they'd give up control of their company to a group like PWE. At least I hope not.

"Outstanding" shares and "authorized" shares are not the same thing.

Like, say DE put out just five shares for sale. Those five would be outstanding shares. Authorized shares are broadly all the shares for the company DE(L).

If DE has put up any more than 50% of their authorized shares for this sale, then, yeah, we can all start panicking.

We have no idea of their motives - it's equally possible they want to push Warframe in China.

Do you seriously think that a company whose main product is a self published game that they had no idea would be as successful as it is didn't sell a lot of its shares?

I don't know why people are trying to pretend that buying all the outstanding shares isn't the same as buying a controlling interest, it may technically be possible, but just looking around at a lot of acquisitions/buy outs on google shows that they're often preceded by a purchase of all the company's outstanding stock.

Perfect world bought cryptic studios without help from any other investors. I can't help but wonder how likely it is that they're merely investing in DE when they're making this purchase in concert with an investor who sponsors many of their games.

DiBBz, on 02 Jul 2014 - 10:43 PM, said:

BLR is not really that good as to what you make it out to be.. for one its more easily hackable because the devs has pretty much gave up

earning enough for perma weapons takes a long time

trading never happens now because everyone is to scared of getting scammed

cloaking Mk2 is OP and along with other equipment that is guess what only for Zen

fair enough you could have a great time in CBT and when it launched into OBT , but now its just dripping down and down

Bahahahaha. Only a baddie would think this.

Edited by Aggh

281 pages begs to differ

The extremely vast majority of that is people saying "OH NO, PWE BOUGHT DE" because they read a joystiq article that's not even accurate.

Do you seriously think that a company whose main product is a self published game that they had no idea would be as successful as it is didn't sell a lot of its shares?

Given that they're a private company that only just switched over to selling shares at all? Quite possibly.

If they were just interested in selling shares, you figure they'd have gone full public.

I don't know why people are trying to pretend that buying all the outstanding shares isn't the same as buying a controlling interest, it may technically be possible, but just looking around at a lot of acquisitions on google shows that they're often preceded by a purchase of all the company's outstanding stock.

People are "trying to pretend" this because it isn't. It's possible that PWE's getting a controlling interest, in which case yeah party's over. It's also possible that all the outstanding shares isn't a controlling interest. We have no way of knowing either at this point, and running around screaming about how the sky is falling does nothing but get people wound up and upset. Wait until the sky is actually falling.

Edited by Cpl_Facehugger

I'd point out that Perfect World has no interest at all in having a minority stake in a company. They don't buy "some" shares. They either buy a controlling stake or they don't waste their time/money. If they are interested in buying the outstanding shares of DE, it's because there's more than 50% outstanding.

I don't know much about business, but from what I've looked up outstanding stocks in general are not going to give a company any control.

They are the shares allocated by the company to be invested in by others. If they buy all of the stock then they will just be doing so because of the money they would make if DE does well. They did say they were looking to buy all of it. But that isn't all of the company. All that outstanding is whatever DE issued. It's probably not a large amount relative to the core of the company. It's not like DE is a public company.

Also I hope DE realizes that this thread and the people in here aren't attacking them, I'm not anyway, we're just passionate about a game that we very much love and have invested time and money in, I hope they understand that the community is behind them, but that we strongly feel against a PWE takeover if that is where its heading.  If that is truly where its heading then we can come together as a community and figure something else out.

The extremely vast majority of that is people saying "OH NO, PWE BOUGHT DE" because they read a joystiq article that's not even accurate.

Do you honestly seriously believe it that a small company like this is going to actually NOT going to sell? Go look at how many games this corporation has absorbed and you tell me. 

Edited by grillv20