Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

De, Please Please Do Not Do Business With Perfect World (Mega/hyper/ultrathread)

wendiGhoul

Sweet merciful....Lotus? I mean, posted a few replies and such earlier, went to work thinking the world won't entirely burn down and when I log back on laptop to check this topic still hotter than Ember's flames :O

In seriousness, I really hope this won't happen ever as PWE ruined great memories of games for me just like for everyone else, so here's to hoping that Ninjas still farm free!

Ha, I see what you did there :P

photo-482822.png?_r=1382584113

• "Rraaahudd DE! So willing to sacrifice your own. So willing to help these greedy worms. So willing to die for worthless cause."
  • "Aattenthoun DE: It's not too late to change sides? Not too late to reject the PWE lies? Not too late to save your kind?"
  • "DE, PWE will betray you. PWE will defile your kind. PWE will bleed from their selfish eyes as I crush them with your metal corpse."

Edited by Tendou_Souji

DE nooooooooooooo , dont do it , its a grinner massive attacks to destroy the tenno's once and for all , its probably just gonna make the game pay to play and not free to play , if not then am ok with it

• "Rraaahudd DE! So willing to sacrifice your own. So willing to help these greedy worms. So willing to die for worthless cause."
  • "Aattenthoun DE: It's not too late to change sides? Not too late to reject the PWE lies? Not too late to save your kind?"
  • "DE, PWE will betray you. PWE will defile your kind. PWE will bleed from their selfish eyes as I crush them with your metal corpse."

YOU SAID IT RUK!

Ruk will save us!

They're going for "outstanding shares" in the company. Some of you may be saying that we do not know if PW is trying to go for a takeover with +50% of the shares, but just think about it a bit. It's extremely unlikely that a company will only hold less than 50% of their shares, and dangle the majority out there to let people buy (maybe if they're actively shopping for a buyer they might do this). I don't know the financial situation of DE, but I'm assuming it's going alright since things still seem to be running as usual in terms of content releases and what not. This is largely speculative, so if your boobens still aren't calmed, read on.

Here's the big thing that I latch onto, is that absolutely nowhere in the document from the Hong Kong Stock exchange, or any of the official press releases posted by the OP, do the words "merger" or "acquisition" appear, only that PW wants outstanding shares. If I'm running a stock exchange, I don't think I would beat around the bush with investors by using the words "outstanding shares" when a company is planning a complete merger or acquisition.

Also, if you think about some of the background, there could be lots of reasons why PW wants some stake. Maybe they want distributing rights to bring the game to China as a publisher (PW published Torchlight 1 and 2 as well, the development process was a separate studio). This could also be a step to help distribute the game when PS4s and XB1s hit the market in China when the console ban ends. 

So yes, just read the documents, actually read them, then just think about it for a bit. Does a full on takeover of DE from PW really make sense from the information you have been given?

And to OP, look at all of the chaos you've created....

I don't hardly post and with close to 1100 hours played I want to come here and say that please for the time I've spent and many others don't accept the offer. I would rather see DE go bankrupt and shutdown the game then to see Perfect World get there hands on yet another gem just to break it apart and turn it into a cheap dollar tree lead bracelet for there greedy wallets.

I trust yall DE.

Edited by Kazarko

Since PW would only act as a publisher for the chinese market...

Depending on how the guidelines are for publishers on Xbox there isn't probably much PW could do to damage the game.

Example:

I want to sell Apples in Canada. So I give them to Rebecca to sell them in Canada.

Right in that moment, she's the publisher of my apples in Canada.

In that case, she can give me feedback on how much apples were sold and etc.

If I'd delivered her bad apples, she'd give me infos on how bad they were.

(Bad products don't sell well)

This does apply for games, too.

So, If DE gives PW the game to publish, it will be probably in a condition, which doesn't allow tampering with the data.

Warframe doesn't use Unreal Engine or something reverseable - this thing is locked up tight as a nun.

PW can testplay it and give feedback to DE - like Typos in localisation, Bugs, how many copies are distributed, etc.

If PW were to change Warframe on their own , this change would only affect the Chinese Market.

As I mentioned, if DE gives PW a pre-compiled package to distribute on Xbox Live, PW's hands are tied immediately.

Once it has been signed, you can't do anything or the Xbox will refuse to even run that program. Yeah, DRM.

In case of the mentioned stocks/shares, PW must have an enourmous amount of stocks/shares to be able to alter Warframe drastically.

5% of any shares isn't much to do here, the only thing you can do with that is gain money - by investing.

A crappy idea will be vetoed by the remaining 95% of shareholders, anyway why bother?

If you are playing the normal Warframe in western Countries like Europe, America, Africa, you wouldn't feel these changes at all.

In other words: none. Warframe is Warfarm.

If PW would mess up Warframe on Chinese Xbox, players would abandon it and play the normal Warframe Version on the PC instead.

PW wouldn't gain any money and sell all stocks/shares again to someone else.

Nothing of value was lost and we can finally sleep well with our ( - your favorite frame here- ) pillow under our head.

480px-AladV.png

• "What are those PWE dog giving you to fight for them? Whatever it is, I'll double it!"
  • "Do you really think you're saving your comrades by supporting the dogs? What do you think happens if you allow PWE to win? Do you think you'll be safe when you're all their slaves?"

Could be only be a few % to publish the game in China, you need a local partner for that. Sadly this particular partner dosnt have the best reputation..

And Destiny still has no PC version, though the might consider developing one fast.

Since PW would only act as a publisher for the chinese market...

Depending on how the guidelines are for publishers on Xbox there isn't probably much PW could do to damage the game.

Example:

I want to sell Apples in Canada. So I give them to Rebecca to sell them in Canada.

Right in that moment, she's the publisher of my apples in Canada.

In that case, she can give me feedback on how much apples were sold and etc.

If I'd delivered her bad apples, she'd give me infos on how bad they were.

(Bad products don't sell well)

This does apply for games, too.

So, If DE gives PW the game to publish, it will be probably in a condition, which doesn't allow tampering with the data.

Warframe doesn't use Unreal Engine or something reverseable - this thing is locked up tight as a nun.

PW can testplay it and give feedback to DE - like Typos in localisation, Bugs, how many copies are distributed, etc.

If PW were to change Warframe on their own , this change would only affect the Chinese Market.

As I mentioned, if DE gives PW a pre-compiled package to distribute on Xbox Live, PW's hands are tied immediately.

Once it has been signed, you can't do anything or the Xbox will refuse to even run that program. Yeah, DRM.

In case of the mentioned stocks/shares, PW must have an enourmous amount of stocks/shares to be able to alter Warframe drastically.

5% of any shares isn't much to do here, the only thing you can do with that is gain money - by investing.

A crappy idea will be vetoed by the remaining 95% of shareholders, anyway why bother?

If you are playing the normal Warframe in western Countries like Europe, America, Africa, you wouldn't feel these changes at all.

In other words: none. Warframe is Warfarm.

If PW would mess up Warframe on Chinese Xbox, players would abandon it and play the normal Warframe Version on the PC instead.

PW wouldn't gain any money and sell all stocks/shares again to someone else.

Nothing of value was lost and we can finally sleep well with our ( - your favorite frame here- ) pillow under our head.

I hope that becomes true, but I still dislike the fact that PWE is handling it. 

I hear this playing in my head while reading through this thread...

That rhymes...

Okay, now you're playing with my emotions.

That aside, I think the only think we can do right now are waiting for the news, whatever news that would be.

480px-AladV.png

• "What are those PWE dog giving you to fight for them? Whatever it is, I'll double it!"
  • "Do you really think you're saving your comrades by supporting the dogs? What do you think happens if you allow PWE to win? Do you think you'll be safe when you're all their slaves?"

In memory of Alad.