Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

De, Please Please Do Not Do Business With Perfect World (Mega/hyper/ultrathread)

wendiGhoul

You have to actually read the announcement and look at the date of it.

It hasn't happened yet... It's dated 6.30.2014  August would be about the soonest .

That doesn't mean it won't though... When it gets to this point it tends to happen unless either:

Regulators stops it 

or

One of the parties finds something very unpleasant in the fact finding.

There HAS to be a silver lining.

Funny thing is there very rarely is. so any suggestions of what to play next.

EDIT: I just found out that i live within walking distance of there office.

Edited by ZhurZhur

Over the course of a year, I've spent probably around 150$ on this game. 
I did not mind giving DE some dough so they could keep improving this great game they've created. I would probably have spent more in the following months/years.

If PW takes over WF, I am jumping ship. I'm positive the playerbase will be drastically reduced as a result of this acquisition. Why would they sell their baby? WF is one hell of a money maker due to plat alone, not to mention the prime access packs sell like hotcakes.

Would DE sell their beloved to the devil? Looks like they might. Extremely disheartening, almost unbelievable. 
Such a shame... An incredible disappointment and a kick to the face of all loyal players who have been playing/putting cash in to this game over the course of it's beta phase. WF was basically nothing when it started and now it's one of the most enjoyable FTP games out there. 

I feel betrayed. If the deal goes thru, I'm out with extreme prejudice. If DE is really willing to give up on it's masterpiece for a few bucks, then I guess the rumors were true. DE does not give a rat's a$$ about it's loyal fanbase or it's IP. It's all about the money. Hope they choke on those chinese yuan. 

Community Mods have no idea what the story is and the Devs are probably working on today's update. It may not be for another 4 to 6 hours before we hear anything official - Unless PWE posts something about it.

Oh god, why...why do this with Warframe, is their money really worth enough to destroy all that your team envisioned during all this years? Didn't you guys learn anything from "Dark Sector"?

They've forgotten the past, clearly, because as the saying goes...

Please remember that DE is an Ltd., _not_ a Plc. this is important because shares in an Ltd are not listable and thus tradable on a stock exchange.

This means that for PWE to buy _anything_ they must be directly negotiating with a _private_ individual. Also any sales are usually only allowed if the shareholders agree.

This is _very_ different to a simple "we have the money, we get what we want" situation. The _owners_ of DE have to agree.

That is good news. Show me a link to an enlightening definition and assuage my fears.

DE, please reject the proposal with Perfect World. Warframe is the one of the only games I enjoy because it is a game developed by a company that cares about their players. Perfect World is known for ignoring players, ruining games, and exploiting money. PLEASE DON'T LET THEM TOUCH THIS GAME.

Edited by TheUnwanted

Seriously DE:. are you STUPID NOOBS AT THIS BUSSINESS OR WHAT?!! how dare you to be a sellout!?!? and to the MEDIOCRE "perfect world"??! you screwed it up. YOU KNOW. and im being honest. YOU KNOW YOU SCREWED IT UP.. GG. 70% of base players leaving this game already. that was a stupid epic bad desition  e.e 

I FEEL BETRAYED..

Now this news falls in line with the note in the 13.9.0.2 Patch:

"NOTE:

Our digital certificate has been renewed and players may notice the name change from “Digital Extremes” to “Digital Extremes Ltd.”

This can honestly go in either direction reading that statement, but I am going to assume this change hopefully locks WF from anything to do with PW acquiring shares of DE and not DE Ltd. Separating WF from the main company opens up for existing things like Unreal/Unreal Tournament/ or even the Evolution Engine being the point of investment and this may or may not be the case. No one will really know for a couple months as I said earlier mostly likely there is some confidentiality involved during this process. 

Like many others, I have invested HEAVILY into this game - $600+ at least - and with this announcement, I am really on the fence about continuing to play... Purchasing the mega Loki Prime pack isn't even a thought right now, and I was gung-ho for paying the $150 on it when the pack rolled out on PS4.

I can't speak for DE or have any idea what they are thinking. Perfect Online though? UGH

Simple fact is the company that is taking DE over sees it as a cash grab, and will do everything they can to make people spend more money to play it.

As crappy as it sounds, to me it almost seems like DE was like "Hey, we are worth BUNDLES OF MONEY and our business model guarantees a return because F2P works so well. Look at all these Tenno!!"

They then get paid, and it's like "SWEET! That worked. Let's do something new and rake in more money."

I get that in a sense, that's fundamentally capitalism, but when you have invested sooooooo much time, effort, and care into something, to let it go like that would be like "Lucasing" (George Lucas destroying his baby Star Wars because he was blinded to make more $$$) your work.

I don't think DE would do this intentionally, unless they are working on a way to build more capital to really blow this game out and do a massive, proper version.

The flip side of this, is they played Destiny - like a lot of us did in the Alpha - and they are scared as f***. Trying to jump ship before it sinks.

I had a awesome time playing Destiny, but there will still be room for Warframe. With this announcement though of the acquisition, I am pretty much going to just hop into Warframe to re-set my Titan Extractors, and that's it.

Perfect Online is the DEVIL.

*end knee-jerk reaction* :P

honestly at this point it seems like they have be bought out without really knowing what they were ultimately doing and now they don't know how to break the bad news.

I feel as though this is the case, but I still have a small bit of faith in game developers.