Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

So I've Been Trying To Stealth-Run In Phobos...

Tengu-musume

im sorry but this is how it works every time, i mean, who wouldn't alarm an entire grineer settlement about a monster attack?

But they live with those monsters everyday right? So...who of them would give a $#!$ about that?

Edited by White_Raven

im sorry but this is how it works every time, i mean, who wouldn't alarm an entire grineer settlement about a monster attack?

The alarms about the monster attack make sense, but when a garrison is alerted about monsters causing trouble, that shouldn't mean that they automatically notice a stealthy ninja sneaking around in the shadows.

The alarms about the monster attack make sense, but when a garrison is alerted about monsters causing trouble, that shouldn't mean that they automatically notice a stealthy ninja sneaking around in the shadows.

Took the words right out of my keyboard.

Took the words right out of my keyboard.

TBH stealth and how the enemies detect you needs a complete rework.  It's cool if they sound an alarm and are looking for you, but that doesn't mean they should all immediately develop psychic powers and know that're hiding up near the air ducts right after your invisibility wore off.

TBH stealth and how the enemies detect you needs a complete rework.  It's cool if they sound an alarm and are looking for you, but that doesn't mean they should all immediately develop psychic powers and know that're hiding up near the air ducts right after your invisibility wore off.

Oh yeah I know, I know.

It's a bit too much to ask for Stealth 2.0 right now so I just wish they'd fix this issue at least.

Well unless they have radar or something. Though that seems like a corpus thing to have what with the mandatory helmets.

On Topic: yes, this change should happen. +1 to thread.

Rant:

TBH, stealth should not be made easier than it already is. If anything, hacking the alarms off should be removed. However, the rewards from stealth should be made much, much greater.

Actually, there is one needed change: enemies should NEVER spawn behind you, at least if you are undetected.

Some suggestions: square the experience gained from killing unaware enemies; allow Nightmare/Corrupted mods to drop on low chance/be mission rewards for full stealth runs; another change probably should be guaranteed drops from all enemies you kill in total stealth.

This ties in with the recent changes to Invisibility; being noisy but Invisible would not grant you the rewards - the enemy is still aware of you, even if they don't sound the alarms or see you.

IMO, this game's stealth isn't bad, it just needs better rewards. (Though the enemies probably should not spawn in huge masses and actually patrol so that people without invisibility can have a fighting chance instead of unavoidable fission mailure due to bad luck.)

I really hope U15 to have stealth 1.0...

I freaking love stealth running missions with my ash, dread, despair, random melee

But I just hate it that the AI ALWAYS runs to the panel and starts the alert...

Plus I want to hide in the shadows/bushes

And even have my own idea which I call roof hold... Or something

Basically you could jumping up and hold yourself on the roof for a short time then jump assassinate the ones below you

Or corner hold same thing just in the upper corners

...but evry tiem the Grineer and the desert skates get into a fight they automatically detect me lol

Please fix

Been an issue since Phobos was added. At least with Stealth 0.5 we can finally turn the alarms off again. Which something us stealth players had been asking for... for over a year... as a minimum.

DE's not very swift on the stealth mechanics.

They've mentioned that the stealth mechanics are a bit harder to work with for the type of game that's a lot more focused on fast-paced action. One of their dev-streams clarified this responding to a question on the stealth system.

On Topic: yes, this change should happen. +1 to thread.

Rant:

TBH, stealth should not be made easier than it already is. If anything, hacking the alarms off should be removed. However, the rewards from stealth should be made much, much greater.

Actually, there is one needed change: enemies should NEVER spawn behind you, at least if you are undetected.

Some suggestions: square the experience gained from killing unaware enemies; allow Nightmare/Corrupted mods to drop on low chance/be mission rewards for full stealth runs; another change probably should be guaranteed drops from all enemies you kill in total stealth.

This ties in with the recent changes to Invisibility; being noisy but Invisible would not grant you the rewards - the enemy is still aware of you, even if they don't sound the alarms or see you.

IMO, this game's stealth isn't bad, it just needs better rewards. (Though the enemies probably should not spawn in huge masses and actually patrol so that people without invisibility can have a fighting chance instead of unavoidable fission mailure due to bad luck.)

You can not create game modes that are far more rewarding then other modes, simply because players are $&*^s and will try and abuse the system with ultra min-maxed frames with more Forma installed than me and you have fingers, and suddenly you have a Nightmare Mod farm of biblical proportions.

Every game mode in the game should have "fun" as the primary reward, with "stuff" as something you get simply because "stuff" is useful to play with, otherwise reward becomes "something you get, for doing something you would not normally do, if it wasn't because of the reward" and to me, thats &#! backwards, almost like murdering people over and over, hoping that the law will come after you, so that you can murder them too and get their stuff.

I'm looking at you, Stalker farmers ...

That last part of yours? Asking for a particular "type" of stealth. If you make a mission that can be done without invisibility, then ones with invisibility will race through it, and the other way around would be impossible without. Also, many frame abilities and weapon mods (like making a high power hitscan gun 100% silenced) will also trivialize a mission made to be all non-invisible crouch walk and stabby-stabby up close.

Also, did you type fisson mailure on porpoise, or was that a smelling pisstake?