Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Since When Did Fire Become Good In The Void?

ss4chris

Question

Because I actually think for myself? Really though, anyone who's tried corrosive/fire should have already known how strong it was against heavy gunners.

Saying that it's all of a sudden super good because it kills heavy gunners is pretty ignorant, because they've been doubly weak to that combo since damage 2.0.

lol getting ideas on the forums=/ thinking for one self.

I'm personally of the opinion that another 60% corrosive would be more damage against a gunner than 90% fire. The 75% armor ignore against them is worth more than the ~6% more base damage that 90% fire could do. The procs are fairly similar in value, as both do (effectively) more damage the sooner they are applied.

If you've already fit all 4 corrosive mods on, then yeah, adding fire next is the best bet against gunners, but it seems like there'd be better options, such as +RoF mods.

Corrosive procs reduce armor by 25%, multiplicatively. Each proc reduces armor to 75% of what it was before *that* proc, not the original amount, so you can theoretically never reach 0 armor. But eventually the game rounds down, armor is reduced to 0, the health bar turns red, and the ferrite armor modifiers stop working.

4 Corrosive procs would reduce armor to 75% * 75% * 75% * 75% which is ~32%.

So reducing armor to the point where ferrite modifiers no longer apply takes a lot more than 4 procs. It's in the realm of 12-20, iirc.

Makes sense.  It would take 19 corrosions methinks?  0.75 to the 19th power is 0.00429, or, just under half a percent.

so i think it was clarified to get corrosive ice over fire right?

If you mean that Corrosive + Ice is better all-around then Corrosive + Heat in the Void, then yes.

Then again, some people bring different weapons for the different factions in the Void; sometimes I bring a Primary dedicated to taking down Heavy Gunners (and would prefer Corrosive + Heat) and a Secondary to take down everything else (and could use Corrosive + Ice, or drop Corrosive entirely). All of this is moot, however, if your team brings 4x Corrosive Projection and then you'd use entirely different elemental combos.

Edited by CaptainJohnson

So reducing armor to the point where ferrite modifiers no longer apply takes a lot more than 4 procs. It's in the realm of 12-20, iirc.

Yes. To be precise, it's 19 procs to reduce enemy armor to 0. At that point, enemy armor is less than 1/2 of a percent, so it should theoretically be rounded down to 0.

This assumes that enemy armor is rounded to the nearest percent (which is the only explanation I could understand for seeing a red health bar)

If you mean that Corrosive + Ice is better all-around then Corrosive + Heat in the Void, then yes.

Then again, some people bring different weapons for the different factions in the Void; sometimes I bring a Primary dedicated to taking down Heavy Gunners (and would prefer Corrosive + Heat) and a Secondary to take down everything else (and could use Corrosive + Ice, or drop Corrosive entirely). All of this is moot, however, if your team brings 4x Corrosive Projection and then you'd use entirely different elemental combos.

Speaking of corrosive projection, did they ever fix the bug where if you had four guys with maxed out projections, you'd reduce enemy armor below zero, where it'd loop around and get stronger?