Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Nazi Symbol In Warframe

Kostja08

First of all, symbology is subjective.  It might not have been inspired by what you think inspired it.

Second, actually if it were inspired by a Panzer division (ie, Nazis), then it would be appropriate for the Grineer, who are pretty much racial supremacists to start with.

How is that related to Nazis? Can somebody enlighten me?

Nazis used more symbols than just the swastika . As shown by OP it is a rank or emblem used by the SS.

Grineer are basically Space Nazis

Yea makes sense the Grineer are very much like it lol

People are stupid in general. If something was used by Nazis, that doesnt mean that symbol is bad.

Swastika is old Roman symbol, and inverted Swastika is good luck charm in Asia culture. Just because something is used by some evil empire in history, doesnt automatically means that symbol is bad by itself. It is up to people and what that symbol associates them with.

Edited by RoboDoge

If anyone's interested in what that symbol's history is:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wolfsangel

It's actually pretty neat, and not offensive whatsoever.

Nazis wore jackets, that doesn't mean jackets = Nazis

Edit: The raw definition for the symbol is "Wolf's hook" as it was the same shape as the old wolf traps. This is totally kewl because its a Corpus ship, who often call the Grineer "dogs" so it would make sense that their ships would be branded as "wolf's hooks" or "dog traps."

+1 for DE digging deep with subtle lore

Edited by Archistopheles

It's probably unintentional and coincidental. 

Yes but with this brought to light it should be changed. DE has no shortage of artists and there's no reason to reuse that symbol if it is indeed related to nazism.

Although I've never seen or heard of this symbol either.

How dare any game use any sort of Nazi imagery/logos when branding enemy factions. I mean, it's not like the Call of Duty series, or Wolfenstein series, or any of the bizarre Nazis-that-came-from-the-moon series do any of that. Nope. You can't even tell that they're nazis.

Today I learned corpus are Space Nazis. And that doesn't offend me because the Corpus are our enemy.

How dare any game use any sort of Nazi imagery/logos when branding enemy factions. I mean, it's not like the Call of Duty series, or Wolfenstein series, or any of the bizarre Nazis-that-came-from-the-moon series do any of that. Nope. You can't even tell that they're nazis.

Today I learned corpus are Space Nazis. And that doesn't offend me because the Corpus are our enemy.

lol