Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Do You Think Primes Should Have More Purpose?

Quackerz

Other than some small buffs (warframes) and looking rather fancy primes aren't really very special but how about if we had a certain level type where only primes could access like 'Orokin Tomb' or something where you could only bring prime gear, this could be some more end game content which feels fairly lacking at the moment. Ofcourse there are some issues with the idea as primes are very cheap on trading and some people just dont like the idea of primes in general. Lore wise the reasoning could be that some form of orokin technology doesnt allow foreign objects into the tomb as a protection measure or something similar. Do you think they should play a part in the missions available or just stay as mostly a status symbol?

Defintily just a "Status Symbol". If they weren't people who don't want to farm for primes would miss content. Right now everything is avaible for everyone and that is good this way.

Edited by Evers

Status symbol, but in that regard I'm on the fence about them having better stats.  I spent quite a while farming my rhino blueprints and not long after I do I find someone selling the whole Rhino Prime set very cheap and I snatch it up.  Now my Rhino's worthless once my Rhino Prime is made because Rhino Prime has better speed and is covered in Bling Armor when he presses 2.  I personally think all frames should have a purpose other than to be outdated by a Prime frame, but at the same time a prime frame should stand out and be more significant than a skin change. 

The only thing I like that prime to have is their own style of powers even if it's just cosmetic... Or if they work differently even better! Right now I have my prime Rhino and Loki just looking pretty haven LV them and I think I won't LV them until I get a good reason to do so since I already have their normal version already buff and max LV... Its boring LV the same warframe again... But it be sweet if DE gave us another incentive beyond the status thing and stats bonuses... :)

Edited by 0zryel

Personally they ought to be stronger, ALOT stronger, Loki prime's got a nice 25 energy boost over his non-prime version but could still have alot more :l...

Actually, he has 40 energy more than the original, but yeah, Primes should be more powerful.

NopeTM.

Making Primes more powerful would make regular ones completely obsolete.

That is the point. You get Ember, use her, enjoy her and then get a better version. Why have 2 same Embers, with a little gold being the only difference?

The problem with making prime frames much stronger is making non-prime frames redundant. It's rather simple.

If both version had good and bad qualities to them, that might warrant the difference, but that would be difficult to balance. 

Also might not fit with the lore. But I dunno.

That is the point. You get Ember, use her, enjoy her and then get a better version. Why have 2 same Embers, with a little gold being the only difference?

That's the real point, liking the prime better? get them. Not liking the prime? stick to the original. Like them both? get them both. But either one shouldn't make the other felt weaker because they are much more superior.

No because it would defeat the purpose of having normal versions entirely.

Just like TF2.

Alternatives should never surpass all options, otherwise the options are irrelevant. Primes should always be sidegrade with seriously minimal difference.

Sadly, it won't stay this way, and you will get your overpowered frames that overshadow the normal version by a huge margin. It will eventually happen.

No because it would defeat the purpose of having normal versions entirely.

Just like TF2.

Alternatives should never surpass all options, otherwise the options are irrelevant. Primes should always be sidegrade with seriously minimal difference.

Sadly, it won't stay this way, and you will get your overpowered frames that overshadow the normal version by a huge margin. It will eventually happen.

finally some good news.

That's just about it, just cosmetics. As you can see some of the examples of the existing Prime and normal WFs, and I'm sure DE wants to give some better stats to the Prime ones but the forum will surely and immediately cry out for nerfing!!

On the other hand, I'm also sure that your issue about "primes are very cheap on the trading" is being addressed by DE with the future Primes. As you can see with Loki Primes' parts. DE has already made it harder to find parts... so that why it cost little more plats for trading...

However, if more complains like your keep coming up then DE still have few options left... make ten (or even hundred) times harder to find prime parts so that way players would think twice to even sell them on a cheap, or DE can just make prime parts no longer be tradeable altogether. I personally wish more people will continue to complain and that DE would finally decide that you can only get any Primes by spending real money through Prime Access. I often try to get some prime part via the trade market but also like purchase Prime Access to support DE. But I hate even more when people complain and taking things like this for granted!!

Edited by ndantony

So Primed Warframes aren't allowed to be better than Normal Warframes but Primed Weapons are allowed to be better than the regular weapons?

Primed Warframes should be better than the normal warframes. This game isn't even hard enough to require a prime warframe just to clear a mission.

So Primed Warframes aren't allowed to be better than Normal Warframes but Primed Weapons are allowed to be better than the regular weapons?

Primed Warframes should be better than the normal warframes. This game isn't even hard enough to require a prime warframe just to clear a mission.

also wraith and vandal weapons are bad too.

You will have stronger Primes that can be only be bought if certain company takes over DE.

I hope that wont happen, but people like you seem to love powercreep and direct upgrades over sidegrades. One of the best concept in games that i have seen was that one from Tribes: Ascend, where weapons were sidegrades and offered slightly different approach to combat.

Logically, they should make Primes just for the Veteran Warframe Excalibur, Frost and Loki. To me they 3 are like the first gen of Warframe, and are like the kings or leader, and that's why they have prime versions. DE shouldn't make Mag P, , Ember P, Rhino P. Just limit to 3 prime is enough and continue to make new warframes, not making new prime.

I mean, this Warframe community must have a Master race or Father like Warframe, then you feel more attached, like families or blood brothers. 

From what I understand Excalibur, Frost and Loki are like 3 big brothers. Most of the post above seuggest some very cool ideas like quest, orokin tomb and all. They deserve to be heard by DE.

Edited by otaconWTH

Should consume the non-prime in the build process.  Then it could be an upgrade without making the old one redundant.. since it makes the old one non-existent.  Also I think you should get a partial refund on forma and potatoes in such cases.

You will have stronger Primes that can be only be bought if certain company takes over DE.

I hope that wont happen, but people like you seem to love powercreep and direct upgrades over sidegrades. One of the best concept in games that i have seen was that one from Tribes: Ascend, where weapons were sidegrades and offered slightly different approach to combat.

Sure Tribes; Ascend had one of the best weapons but that game was a pvp game. A game like warframes can have superior upgrades because it has several difficulty settings. This is a pve game, so we need better weapons just  in case DE comes up with stronger enemies or difficulties just like T4 missions. We already have powercreep with new weapons and the primes are slowly becoming stronger than the originals.

Personally they ought to be stronger, ALOT stronger, Loki prime's got a nice 25 energy boost over his non-prime version but could still have alot more :l...

Two extra polarities, extra energy capacity, and essentially unlimited energy in the void sure isn't that strong!