Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Why Are People So Dissapointed, And Is Anyone Actually Happy With This New Update?

Monybags33

With U14 came many changes to Warframe but it seems not many Tenno are actually happy about the new update as they are more disappointed by it. So in light of this I thought id ask the community why they are disappointed and if anyone actually feels this update was worth it? I will be discussing majorly two updates the community has been talking about and not talking about so much:

1. UI Interface -

Many people feel the UI has been destroyed from its former glory and that our new UI is just a crowded small spaceship with no purpose behind it. People have complained its not only increasing lag, its buggier, horrible in design, and just plain out bad from the old UI. I myself have mixed feelings about the new UI system. In one aspect its very nice too look at and I'm personally the type of person too say now I actually feel I'm In a world and not just a game anymore. However the other side is that many people are saying the ship is more of a "hassle" then the old UI interface and how its rather pointless and just for show. Again I'm personally not having much of a issue with this new UI interface besides FPS drops at times and find the immersing experience too be a nice step in the right direction for Warframe and not just floating around through space all the time (lets admit that was weird).

2. Quest System -

Not much talk about the new Quest system as I had previously thought so I cant tell personally myself whether people actually like it or find it pointless, what do you guys think? I myself find the tutorial too be more interesting and have a purpose rather then the old way, and I also find the new "Quest System" too be nothing out of the box but also not bad either. Its just starting after all cant judge it too fast.

So what do you think community, do you agree that it was a step in the right direction or are you thinking this was a huge step backwards? I would appreciate it also that everyone gives their honest but respectful opinion so that this post dose not get locked for a pointless back and forth dispute, I just want to know everyone's opinions not stir up a unwanted hornets nest.

one of the big issues has nothing to do with the Ui or other elements... its the horrendous connectivity issues that are affecting multiple things. you have to relog completely for the game to register that some actions have been taken.

once they fix the connectivity a lot of the issues that we are going through will no longer exist

Any big change is always going to be a step forward. The path is not always smooth and may have some rocks and blockades, but eventually you either remove the obstacle or make a new path around it. Warframe is constantly developing and that is the beauty of the game for me. I hold judgement until the bugs are more ironed out, but for now, I love the new UI system... then again, I am a sucker for immersion.

Gotta agree with you on connectivity needing to be fixed, maybe that's why everyone's in such a angry mood atm I know it bugged me. I'm also happy to see people actually liking the new UI system, after reading the forms for about 2mins I started too think that everyone hated it but me. Glad too see I'm not the only one that likes it.

I'm a sucker for immersion as well so I guess it helps.

Edited by Monybags33

I like pretty much everything but the bugs and the new UI. Why don't I like the new UI? Well, it takes longer to get to where I need to go to do what I want to do (Yes, even when using the Esc menu. This is the main issue for me.), it doesn't fit properly on my not-max-resolution screen, it moving with every slight movement of my mouse gives me a headache, and other such things.

The biggest fear I had coming into U14 was the ship interface. I play on a laptop with pretty decent specs, but warframe does run a heavy load on my processor (in no other game have I ever feared for the temperature of my laptop), so I didn't really need a fully interactive, heavily rendered screen BEFORE getting into game.

That being said, I'm most impressed with the fixes coming out of this update. Good job DE!

the best part of the whole U14 is the foundry UI

ITS AWESOME

and now that they have fixed the mods page so they dont fade, they are a few steps closer to the UI being better

the chat MUST have a minimize button, one can stand the brain drain of region chat only for a little while 

GET RID OF MOUSE MOMENTUM FOR THE LOVE OF GOD

The new interface makes my brain hurt, it takes 2-3 times more clicks to do anything.

Sure it's just a few seconds but still, the transition between menu>lobby>playing was so smooth before I feel this is a step backwards in that term.

The mod interface is broken, not sure who or if DE did test it, but unless you're playing with your face in a 40 inch TV you're S#&$ out of luck if you want to read the mod names ,especially those on the left side.

Our frames needs to walk faster in the ship, I'm currently abusing the slide-in-ship-bug because else there's no way I won't be snoring if I want to change my loadout after a mission, it takes too long to walk that distance.

I enjoyed the prelude and vor's prize bits, having actual quests in the game is great and I hope they do work on more of those even if it's just one or two per update.

I did, however, not enjoy the grindwall behind the kubrow/doge/pet, and its mods only dropping from other kubrows makes farming for them a bit hard. In regard to the kubrow grindwall again, I rather have to take 50 DNA samples from kubrows/dens than grind 50 missions for an egg, it feels smoother in terms of progresion.

Quest for warframe : I already said so but quests are great, frame apparently not being behind a grindwall (I have not gotten the quest started yet so I woudn't know for sure) is good.

Overall I give it a 5/10 disregarding all bugs and the login problems; it added a lot but I feel it also took a lot at the same time.

Edited by SetAbominae

The mod interface is broken, not sure who or if DE did test it, but unless you're playing with your face in a 40 inch TV you're S#&$ out of luck if you want to read the mod names ,especially those on the left side.

Our frames needs to walk faster in the ship, I'm currently abusing the slide-in-ship-bug because else there's no way I won't be snoring if I want to change my loadout 

The mod list being unreadable seems like a resolution issue, if not yours, then the game's.

Frames will be given a jogging mechanic in the ship. Yo can also use esc to quick jump to modules.

I like it.  Can't find anything to really complain about, other than the bugs.  I don't see my opinion changing much when I finally get to access the Kubrows and Mirage.

Minus the bugs, it's a solid update and a good step forward for the game.

Ship is nice, vor prize is a nice hour of gameplay, but except that kubrows are terrible grind and there are bugs everywhere.

Yea ancients with grappling hook like grineer scorpions. WTF

10p to recolor your dog, pure cashgrab.

I havent yet done mirage quest so i wont speak about that. 

For every good thing we have terrible grind and bugs.

People who can't read are the ones who are mostly complaining. 

Yesterday I thoroughly read the patch notes, then I went into the games chat....every question that was asked had an answer in the patch notes...literally..the only real questions were "where are ciphers" "how do I start a quest" because those answers actually needed players to PLAY the game to find the answer

But whatever..I'm having fun!  Making some coffee right now then I'm going to start back up