Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Adiós Parkour Wall Vaulting As We Know It

.Talia.

That's it folks, after 5 hotfixes and not a single word from the devs, we can assume the parkour nerf is definitive... I will miss the epic fast paced combat with the Wallrun Slingshot momentum.

It saddens me to see the PvP much slower, less airborne, with more campers, more slide/knockdown, and more explosives. I believe this change happened to ease the PvP newcomers that will be playing on the Solar Rail conflicts, so that they don't get roflstomped by Conclave veterans flying around the map. In my opinion it was not a good decision, i'm sure we will all adapt our gameplay though.

It's really a shame to see perfect PvP arenas like Europa having their intended parkour routes ruined with this nerf. But on the other hand, i am sure that the talented Level Designers that built those arenas will build new ones to match the new Wall Vaulting mechanics.

Let the Solar Rail Conflicts being. See you all in the Battlefield!

I have to admit... I honestly both don't mind and hardly noticed this "nerf" to parkour/wallrunning.

That's probably because you don't Parkour that much. Players that don't use Wallruns to move around the map might not notice the nerf.

The slingshot height and distance was severely crippled, now many intended parkour wallrun vaulting as we call it, don't work anymore. 

Most of what you see on this video is now impossible: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G23-VVOJp0w

Edited by RexSol

Couple of things.

The introduction of the slingshot maneuever was an accident. We actively worked on fixing it but found it "cool" enough to be left in. Again, it was an accident, not intended and designed in the first place and only very barely made it into game at all.

The removal of it was also an accident. I have verified with the master programmer behind it and he is actively working on restoring it. This takes time, this is not the highest priority. Please bear with us here. 

The game is still perfectly playable as is at the moment and none of our levels suffer from it at all by design. Are certain maneuvers that the community came up with not possible anymore at the moment? Possible, again, please bear with us.

Edited by Killerkarpfen

Couple of things.

The introduction of the slingshot maneuever was an accident. We actively worked on fixing it but found it "cool" enough to be left in. Again, it was an accident, not intended and designed in the first place and only very barely made it into game at all.

The removal of it was also an accident. I have verfified with the master programmer behind it and he is actively working on restoring it. This takes time, this is not the highest priority. Please bear with us here. 

The game is still perfectl playable as is at the moment and none of our levels suffer from it at all by design. Are certain maneuvers that the community came up with not possible anymore at the moment? Possible, agaiun, please bear with us.

Wow thank you! This is great news! 

Couple of things.

The removal of it was also an accident. I have verified with the master programmer behind it and he is actively working on restoring it. This takes time, this is not the highest priority. Please bear with us here. 

The game is still perfectly playable as is at the moment and none of our levels suffer from it at all by design. Are certain maneuvers that the community came up with not possible anymore at the moment? Possible, again, please bear with us.

So, now what about the coptering, u have to take it out, its not normal slide with your weapon and fly 500 k/h

Couple of things.

Take it easy, team. The players can wait while you guys do yo thang.

So, now what about the coptering, u have to take it out, its not normal slide with your weapon and fly 500 k/h

thats not what he said at all. they are not planning on removing it, nor were they planning on removing the slingshot maneuver thingy. it was accidental, and so would the removal of coptering be.

Just posting this here since the other thread that mentioned the issue got locked and I hope no one minds. (not the reason why though so no worries)

Infinite vertical wall running is still in the game. If your client is running above 60fps you'll be able to run up walls until the stamina bar depletes.

Sorry for the bad quality video, I didn't want to spend a lot of time rendering.

http://youtu.be/ef7G5v6KKeM

Just posting this here since the other thread that mentioned the issue got locked and I hope no one minds. (not the reason why though so no worries)

Infinite vertical wall running is still in the game. If your client is running above 60fps you'll be able to run up walls until the stamina bar depletes.

Sorry for the bad quality video, I didn't want to spend a lot of time rendering.

Weird, my game is running at over 60 FPS and I don't seem to be able to do it anymore.

Did they change the mechanic of how to do those vertical runs, Ahcruna?  I used to be able to do this with ease, but with U14 I only get one climb "cycle" before he just goes into a slow downward slide down the wall.  Hit any other key, and you simply jump/flip off.  I don't need "infinite" wall run/climb, but being able to chain vertical climb so long as stamina permits is a needful thing.  Kindly advise, and thanks.

Approach a wall for a normal horizontal wallrun, hop on it and immediately let go of wallrun controls. The result is a slingshotted jump off the wall that boosts you considerably further than a normal jump off the wall.

it perform a long jump roll(similar to the new Valkyr wall jump) 

but , it could get some tweak when you doing it facing the wall, allmost entering into the wall XD

could  be some new moove to climb

but after performing the jump you cant start back wall run (maybe cause of FPS like said above?)

usually unlike pre UP14 you cant climb two times on the same wall without landing

(yet you can change direction with slide but same here dont work each time)

all in all wall run look like a bit broken compared Pre 14

Edited by Tsoe

Indeed, taht one HAS to go. If people do it on solo missions, no problem, but doing so on levels where new players are tying to learn the game, only ending up being bashed, bullied and name called by these Zorenchopters.

Belive me, i was once helping out a new player on playing the game, while the chopters where already halfway through the level.

I am certain someone will disagree with me and probably assassinate me in my sleep one day, but i am just sharing my opinion and experience with it.

Zorencoptering is fun, and it's one of the unique 'skill' similar to parkour in warframe. 
I'm sure after seeing it once, the new players would want to experience flying at 500 miles/hr at least once.

Warframe is meant to be a fast-paced space ninja 3rd person shooter game anyway right?

I have to admit... I honestly both don't mind and hardly noticed this "nerf" to parkour/wallrunning.

I see you with the first or second comment on the boards and have nealy 10k posts, do you even get that much time to play? Not trying to be snarky at all here, I'm just curious how much weight to give your views on these huge game changers when I don't see real feedback from you just one or two lines the second someone posts here. Did you test it first and come back with you real thoughts and views on the changes?

Disappointed to hear the walljump fix was accidental, it finally looked and felt right. At least I can ignore zorencoptering if I want to avoid janky looking bugs left in as "features". I love wallrunning, so I can't very well avoid walljumping.

I don't suppose there's any chance of providing an option to leave walljumping fixed for those of us who like it in its current state?

Players that don't use Wallruns to move around the map didn't notice anything.

The slingshot height and distance was severely crippled, now many intended parkour wallrun vaulting as we call it, don't work anymore. 

Everything you see on this video is now impossible: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G23-VVOJp0w

yeah I can see why they changed that lmfao