Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Kubrow Is More Trouble Than It's Worth

S5alad

Founders, why are you whining? You should know better than anyone that if you don't want to use something you can un-equip. If you don't like to look at the Kubrow when it is happy to see you when you home then you can put it on ice to avoid looking at or maintaining it.

As far as them dying easy, if you mod it right with fairly easy to get mods it becomes tougher than you.

Some of us like them, so I for one want to keep mine. I like dogs and it is cool to have one on the ship, especially since it bites people in half. The maintenance money should also not really be an issue for founders unless you are really bad with money, it's like 100K a month.

Not wanting to farm is kind of like not wanting to play this game. Once you complete the map and all the keys then all that is left is farming. You can farm for parts, material, mods, money, or xp. No matter what though you are basically farming all the time if you decide to keep playing to collect stuff.

"Hey look new game content!  Like all new content, it's farming intensive!  On top of that, it takes a ridiculous amount of credits to upkeep, has terrible AI pathing, and dies on the slightest whim resulting in penalties."

Kubrows are just more trouble than they're worth right now.  I don't even understand why they're in the game.

Welcome to Warframe where you need to grind everything. Getting something through grinding feels much better than getting it free.

Founders, why are you whining? You should know better than anyone that if you don't want to use something you can un-equip. If you don't like to look at the Kubrow when it is happy to see you when you home then you can put it on ice to avoid looking at or maintaining it.

As far as them dying easy, if you mod it right with fairly easy to get mods it becomes tougher than you.

Some of us like them, so I for one want to keep mine. I like dogs and it is cool to have one on the ship, especially since it bites people in half. The maintenance money should also not really be an issue for founders unless you are really bad with money, it's like 100K a month.

Not wanting to farm is kind of like not wanting to play this game. Once you complete the map and all the keys then all that is left is farming. You can farm for parts, material, mods, money, or xp. No matter what though you are basically farming all the time if you decide to keep playing to collect stuff.

fully agree

kubrow system far than being complete (but allready enjoyable) so plz tone down the whining former founder

Edited by Tsoe

If you can't afford to participate in the new credit sink... don't.

Well... I'm not. I'm only using Kubrows for Mastery rank fodder just because I don't feel like investing the really high amount of credits to use one when it really doesn't do much for me at the end game. But just because someone doesn't have the credits to do something, doesn't mean that they don't want to do it. The amount of effort put into keeping a Kubrow just doesn't justify the rewards. I want to use one, but just don't have the time to farm up the additional credits on top of what I already farm to continue progression. The only time I would probably consider using one is when I have nothing left to make or upgrade.

Well... I'm not. I'm only using Kubrows for Mastery rank fodder just because I don't feel like investing the really high amount of credits to use one when it really doesn't do much for me at the end game. But just because someone doesn't have the credits to do something, doesn't mean that they don't want to do it. The amount of effort put into keeping a Kubrow just doesn't justify the rewards. I want to use one, but just don't have the time to farm up the additional credits on top of what I already farm to continue progression. The only time I would probably consider using one is when I have nothing left to make or upgrade.

It is well worth 100k credits every now and then for me when I'm getting a rather tanky and useful companion (the Huras is like Shade, but useful). Whether or not a kubrow is worth using just comes down to what you feel like doing, and how you want to do it.

It is well worth 100k credits every now and then for me when I'm getting a rather tanky and useful companion (the Huras is like Shade, but useful). Whether or not a kubrow is worth using just comes down to what you feel like doing, and how you want to do it.

See, to me 100k credits is an investment in a new Warframe. Maintaining a Kubrow feels like building a new Warframe every 1-2 weeks. It's like saying you can either choose to buy a new car, or feed your dog for a week. The credit cost just doesn't seem right, and it's only purpose is to make the players with ridiculous amounts of credits have something to spend their credits on. But in return it punishes those who just don't have millions of credits to throw around nonchalantly. I remember back when I was mastery rank 7-8 (which is the point that everything in the game should be available to you), for me 100k was a big deal because it required me to stop progression to build up that much.

See, to me 100k credits is an investment in a new Warframe. Maintaining a Kubrow feels like building a new Warframe every 1-2 weeks. It's like saying you can either choose to buy a new car, or feed your dog for a week. The credit cost just doesn't seem right, and it's only purpose is to make the players with ridiculous amounts of credits have something to spend their credits on. But in return it punishes those who just don't have millions of credits to throw around nonchalantly. I remember back when I was mastery rank 7-8 (which is the point that everything in the game should be available to you), for me 100k was a big deal because it required me to stop progression to build up that much.

A credit sink isn't for everyone. If you can't afford the cost, don't get a pet. The 100k every week or two seems to reflect what you'd have to deal with if you had a dog in real life. A well established person can afford the upkeep, while others can not. Everyone's mistake seems to be assuming that Kubrows were going to be aimed at new players and up, rather than a companion for a veteran/dedicated lower level player.

I keep hearing over and over that "Kubrows are squishy"...

This is false. Of course you have to take it easy with them in the beginning. I usually start training mine with two runs of Venus Ext., then a Venus Survival or two. After that it's usually around level 18-20. Then it's straight to void survival.

When I take my pup into T4 Survival. It usually almost outlasts me. They are very strong once you level them properly.

Edit: I've used this method across two pups, and both of them have only died once (and that was due to a UI freeze).

Edited by AtomicWaffles

The 100k every week or two seems to reflect what you'd have to deal with if you had a dog in real life.

I would agree with you if that dog only ate solid gold bars. 100k has a different value to other people depending on how much they can feasibly earn in a week.

Everyone's mistake seems to be assuming that Kubrows were going to be aimed at new players and up, rather than a companion for a veteran/dedicated lower level player.

Well, if DE never intended for new players to have access to it, they should have never put the quests for it in low level areas. That's like saying, "Oh look at this cool feature that you can use in our game, too bad you can't afford it cause you haven't been playing long enough to have the credit pool to sustain it."

Besides, I never said anything about it should be available to new players. Unless you consider someone with mastery rank 7 or 8 a new player. I was under the assumption that people with mastery rank 7 or 8 to be somewhere between intermediate to veteran players.

Edited by Zyion

I keep hearing over and over that "Kubrows are squishy"...

This is false. Of course you have to take it easy with them in the beginning. I usually start training mine with two runs of Venus Ext., then a Venus Survival or two. After that it's usually around level 18-20. Then it's straight to void survival.

When I take my pup into T4 Survival. It usually almost outlasts me. They are very strong once you level them properly.

I don't think it is so much a problem of Kubrows being squishy as much as it is them not moving out of danger. I've had the few unlucky occasions where it would stand inside the attack range of an arc trap, get instagibbed by a charging wild Kubrow, or otherwise stand in the line of fire when it needs to move or find cover.

I don't think it is so much a problem of Kubrows being squishy as much as it is them not moving out of danger. I've had the few unlucky occasions where it would stand inside the attack range of an arc trap, get instagibbed by a charging wild Kubrow, or otherwise stand in the line of fire when it needs to move or find cover.

True. There are some kinks in their AI when it comes to them avoiding (and responding) certain environmental hazards.

However, I'm just commenting on the what I see ingame. It's when people bring their unranked, low level, or unmodded pups into these higher tier missions--like Sechura--and whine about how Kubrows are so weak. When they get one-shotted by a level 30 zed!

It's slightly annoying to keep hearing this amongst the community.

Kubrow buff? Not needed in any way.

AI Fixes? Sure.

However, I'm just commenting on the what I see ingame. It's when people bring their unranked, low level, or unmodded pups into these higher tier missions--like Sechura--and whine about how Kubrows are so weak. When they get one-shotted by a level 30 zed!

It's slightly annoying to keep hearing this amongst the community.

Well, to be fair. I have been able to bring an unranked sentinel into level 20+ missions and have it survive just fine because I just needed to keep myself out of the line of fire since it is always over my shoulder. Can't really do that with a Kubrow as it tends to have a mind of its own. People's viewpoints may be a little skewed from their experiences with sentinels.

Edited by Zyion

"Hey look new game content!  Like all new content, it's farming intensive!  On top of that, it takes a ridiculous amount of credits to upkeep, has terrible AI pathing, and dies on the slightest whim resulting in penalties."

Kubrows are just more trouble than they're worth right now.  I don't even understand why they're in the game.

Optional content is optional?

If you don't understand why they are in the game, maybe they are not the problem, since I'm pretty sure that the entire staff at DE knows why - and shock horror - so do I. They are there as optional content to be played. Or not.

You find running to wave 200 million in defence perfectly logical, even though rewards loop after wave 15, and yet Kubrows are illogical? I find that illogical.

You know you have the option to, you know NOT use them and completely ignore that aspect of the game.

like ships?

like dark sectors?

like spectres?

like melee combos?

seems were gaining a lot of new stuff thats not much use and can be ignored without any negative impact on your games.

like ships?

like dark sectors?

like spectres?

like melee combos?

seems were gaining a lot of new stuff thats not much use and can be ignored without any negative impact on your games.

I don't know what your getting at

all I'm saying is he can ignore anything that has to do with Kubrows and his problem should be solved, the hell does that have to do with the thread or whatever you just posted

its only 50k per week each injection is for 40% and it only loses 20% a day

mine is tanky as all hell with 2k armor and 1500 hp, 4k armor when i warcry

immortal from my melee as long as i am able to hit something to keep him alive

does far more dmg than my dethcube and its pounce is aoe

if it does go down has bout 20 seconds to get revived

because of all the above i dont lose loyalty anymore, and i would be petting him anyways

All this from the kubrow mods and them linking to my valkyr

Two similar threads merged.

oops....shoulda read all the posts first...oh well XP

Edited by Trouvo

its only 50k per week each injection is for 40% and it only loses 20% a day

mine is tanky as all hell with 2k armor and 1500 hp, 4k armor when i warcry

immortal from my melee as long as i am able to hit something to keep him alive

does far more dmg than my dethcube and its pounce is aoe

if it does go down has bout 20 seconds to get revived

because of all the above i dont lose loyalty anymore, and i would be petting him anyways

All this from the kubrow mods and them linking to my valkyr

This is exactly what I plan on doing with one of mine (whichever one I decide I like enough to forma).

I still hate my Kubrow and wish it would die or not lose loyalty and health if I don't slap it in stasis every night just so I have to wait three hours to get it out again.

Kubrows and just too friggin stupid right now.

Useless.

I named my second one, "Useless."

I still hate my Kubrow and wish it would die or not lose loyalty and health if I don't slap it in stasis every night just so I have to wait three hours to get it out again.

Kubrows and just too friggin stupid right now.

Useless.

I named my second one, "Useless."

You're upset, we get that. But... if you want your Kubrow to die, why did you hatch a second one? And if you want it to die, why are you sticking it in stasis? Just leave it out for 10 days and your problem should resolve itself.

They aren't useless, that much I can say with absolute certainty. You should have named your second Kubrow "Not Carrier", that would have been far more accurate.

It costs 100k a week to maintain.

Loses loyalty. 

Stupid squishy.

Has next to no time to revive.

I don't get the appeal.  Rank 16 and nothing has ever been more of a bother in the entire game than this stupid Kubrow.

Games are supposed to be played for fun.  I work enough as is.  Make the game fun again.  Kubrows are not fun, they're just work.

Please do not forget to cash in 100k credits every now and then to treat your puppy's cancer.

Thank you.

I don't know what your getting at

all I'm saying is he can ignore anything that has to do with Kubrows and his problem should be solved, the hell does that have to do with the thread or whatever you just posted

That your argument to just ignore some aspect of the game has been presented as the solution to all the things he listed that people has had issues with. Meaning there is not much of a game left if the standard solution is just to ignore aspects of the game that you are not to happy with or feel could be improved.

That your argument to just ignore some aspect of the game has been presented as the solution to all the things he listed that people has had issues with. Meaning there is not much of a game left if the standard solution is just to ignore aspects of the game that you are not to happy with or feel could be improved.

As a rank 16 player, the Kubrow is precious content that I had expected to be better.  I'm not going to log on to grind every day for a stupid digital dog that's not real and use up more credits than the stupid buggy horribly designed companion is worth.  The Kubrow can't even jump over a bump in terrain, and I'm supposed to sink credits into it?

It's just friggin stupid.  Absolutely worthless.  The Kubrows offer nothing but more grind and more frustration into the game and I just don't even feel like playing because of the huge disappointment I have to hear barking in my ship every time I log in.