Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Upcoming Color Customization Fix (Planned For Hotfix 14.0.9)

[DE]Steve

I understand why you did the fix... but I, honestly, never would have spent 75 plat on the Tenno color palette if it looked like this before.  I'm very frustrated because it shouldn't matter this much to me - but it does, I just can't help it.

A lot of the colors in that pack that I liked are just - gone - now.

I understand why you did the fix... but I, honestly, never would have spent 75 plat on the Tenno color palette if it looked like this before.  I'm very frustrated because it shouldn't matter this much to me - but it does, I just can't help it.

A lot of the colors in that pack that I liked are just - gone - now.

Demand for a refund. Or a revert.

Seriously, we need to make a big enough fart about this. I feel robbed right now. I've spent a lot of plat on different palettes and they've crapped on every single one of them. I completely loved the way my warframes looked before and now I can't even make a set that I can be proud of. I'm an esthetic player, I play games where I can make my characters look cool af and this ruined it for me, I don't even want to play since my frames look terrible now. Why change the palettes we had before? You could've just released new pallets with deeper colors instead.... Even the Gamma palette you gave us sucks. They don't come close to the colors we had before.

OK, so Pros: Kubrows now have a lot more color variation and those that we thought were just plain white are actually different colors and have patterns.

Cons: Some colors just seem...odd and "unnatural." Some are too dark and too thick, making it look less like fur color and more like a really thick layer off paint. For example, a completely black Kubrow looks like a shadow and you can barely see the fur and a Kubrow with a blue pattern looks like somebody took a brush and painted it on.

Hey I love both my amazing KUBROWS but the problem Is now I only use one because I don't want to wait 3 hours for my kubrow to "wake up" it would be perfectly fine if it were an hour or 30 minutes but I cannot stress Enuf about my neglected kubrow and I ened spending all my platnum on getting it out of stasis (btw I never bout plat but I am planning to next time I get a token of lotus but I only had 20 plat

AND I really don't like the bloom for my warframes they look too shiny with bloom on and I used to love my Saryn because of her colora but now she looks like she got glazed and cooked it it's a lot different and for the worst too don't get me wrong some things look great with it but maybe a option to change the colors to the old way or new way in appearance pls...

Update I changed the colors to ones 1 or 2 brighter look better but they still arnt the same

Edited by Mr.Spice

Thanks for the fix and all that, but.. i think i (personally) really appreciated the washed out colors :/ specially since i used mostly smoke pallete to get a nice dark gray / middark gray with "gold" tints for my loki prime, which i can't manage to achieve with this fix, since most of the lower part of the smoke pallete seems to make the frame and/or weapons pitch black :( well that's what looks like to me, i'm color blind (no, i don't see in grayscale) so i'm begining to think the whole contrast thing is quite different for us LOL.

BTW i could swear my Kubrow was silver with a slightly darker shade, now i think it's fuccia or lilac or some other color i can't put my finger on any help on customizing Kub's colloring comming soon?

As i said Thanks for the fix, as always, keep up the great work :) i'm just letting you guys know the opinion of one of the (i belive several if not many) colorblind members of the comunity

EDIT: please help us find a way so we players get back the colors we used to have and in the same time you guys keep the kubrow diveristy you'd like to see.. i am one to belive we can work it out, as a team as always, both the comunity and the devs :)

Edited by Aleckx

EDIT: please help us find a way so we players get back the colors we used to have and in the same time you guys keep the kubrow diveristy you'd like to see.. i am one to belive we can work it out, as a team as always, both the comunity and the devs :)

It'd be nice if they released the 'original' color palettes. And for those people who bought them, free copies of those. I spent my money on washed out colors, now I feel tricked.

Edited by IEpicWolfI

Yeah.. except some of the colors aren't the same on the palette as they are on the frame. Take the bottom right grey on the smoke pack. Either my monitor contrast is off or that isn't a deep gray like it used to be, because it is not straight black. I think you guys might have over done some of these colors.

Edit: Hands down these changes, while with good intentions, suck for our frame color customization. I, like everyone else here, minus the sheeple who think everything DE does is great even if it breaks the game, can't revert any of my colors back to what they were. Sure, I get it, they wanted to make the colors better, but when maroon on the palette turns to black on the frame, is just ludicrous. Simply put, the way it was before all "washed out" was a better representation of the colors then they are now.

Edited by FREQ1989

i am happy with how this made my warframes look. granted, i had to spend a while repainting all of them because it completely broke my color scheme i had before, but in my opinion the new colors are an improvement. my one complaint, is that you ruined my kubrow, steve. he used to look majestic, with his pure white fur. now, he is ever so slightly grey, with lighter grey spots, and it looks like he needs a bath.

This has made all my frames & weaps look TERRIBLE. Absolutely horrible.

The dark grey I use on almost everything (third row from bottom, far left on saturated/gamma palettes) is COMPLETELY off - where it should look lighter than the background of this post, it's almost completely pitch-black. That colour has ceased to exist. This has thrown off everything. Contrary to your intentions, IMO the colours looked SO much better before the patch.

I too am one of these players who has paid money for palettes and feels I've had that taken away from me.

Edited by superpangolin

I would've never even purchased classic saturated if I was aware this "fix" was coming

Seriously, we need to make a big enough fart about this. I feel robbed right now. I've spent a lot of plat on different palettes and they've crapped on every single one of them. I completely loved the way my warframes looked before and now I can't even make a set that I can be proud of. I'm an esthetic player, I play games where I can make my characters look cool af and this ruined it for me, I don't even want to play since my frames look terrible now. Why change the palettes we had before? You could've just released new pallets with deeper colors instead.... Even the Gamma palette you gave us sucks. They don't come close to the colors we had before.

Nail was hit right on the head

It'd be nice if they released the 'original' color palettes. And for those people who bought them, free copies of those. I spent my money on washed out colors, now I feel tricked.

This is honestly the best option. They attempted this with Gamma, but it isn't anything like the previous classic saturated colors I used.

This broke all my Colour palettes T~T

look at what it did to my Saryn who I just got today

http://i.gyazo.com/54cefe1b09f7669a517c7c9cfac3a2ae.png

I am actually planning on making an support ticket about it tomorrow if they don't say anything else.  Figured I'd give them a little time.

I would actually be totally fine if they had 2 versions of all these colors and either 

a) let the people who bought the colors keep them the way they had them and make those that wanted the 'fixed' versions buy them

b) give me another set of 'broken' (the ones I actually bought) colors to go with the ones they fixed.

Well, a collection of colour palettes are now unspeakably vibrant to the point where I can't quite use any colours within them except as accents or energy.

The bad news is that these palettes constitute both Classic variants, Infested, Valentines... All of them except for Storm (and Smoke for obvious reasons). Storm still has good understated colours that don't make you look like you fell out of a blacklight infested roller disco.

EDIT: I forgot to mention- there is very, very little warning for when a colour will go from "too bright" to "too dark". And when it does, it does so so abruptly (and retains so much saturation) that I honestly don't know what to do with these colours. There are examples throughout every set. Essentially, what happened, is that now there are three choices for warframe colours: extremely bright and garish, ludicrously dark and detail-masking, and "Smoke palette greys/whites".

Edited by Aeriax

I am actually planning on making an support ticket about it tomorrow if they don't say anything else.  Figured I'd give them a little time.

I would actually be totally fine if they had 2 versions of all these colors and either 

a) let the people who bought the colors keep them the way they had them and make those that wanted the 'fixed' versions buy them

b) give me another set of 'broken' (the ones I actually bought) colors to go with the ones they fixed.

Good luck with that support ticket. I was waiting for 4 hours today to get a quick response only to find out it was time for them all to go home, after I had been talking to the guy all day before. Either way try it and let us all know how it works out.

AMAZING FIX! :D I was waiting for something like this for a while now. And the kubrows definetly look good now, most of em lookd all too grayish before.

keep up the good work!

PS : Always hated how most of the items with certain colors lookd like a depressed mime paintd them, and some others lookd like so brightlight, now they are good.

Edited by Rhinestone