Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Upcoming Color Customization Fix (Planned For Hotfix 14.0.9)

[DE]Steve

I'm afraid you're right on that point, it doesn't seem like they're interested in listening to what people have to say when it comes to negative criticism, there are way too many people that say "this is good!" "this is great!".

In fact there are so many that flood the first few posts saying "tnx DE" "Awesome DE" and so on I get the feeling they're all either paid or told to give good feedback, doesn't matter what it is as long as it's positive and these idiots haven't even seen or tried the new changes.

After that pages 2 to whatever finally shows those of us who have seen the changes, played through them and then decided if we like them or not.

That is unless the nodding yes men didn't feel it necessary to make sure pages 2-3 was pointless praise without substance.

I've tried to explain the issue, but people are only happy because they now have dark colors that aren't just black, where as before, there were no dark colors (blues, greens, yellows). But every color is darker, and doesn't match with their palette. But it doesn't matter if you point out facts or evidence. These supporters will blindly support this crap, and will call your evidence "ridiculous". I also don't think DE will actually listen to the people providing concrete evidence of the problem.

For me, the issue is bigger than just wrong colors. It's about actually making things right and accurate, regardless of whether or not it's popular. And right now, the colors are wrong. They are not accurate to their palettes. The saturation is actually closer to right now than it was previously, but the brightness isn't. But yes men don't care about that. Like I said yesterday, if they don't fix this, and simply listen to all the yes-men, then chances are, they'll take that attitude to other areas of the game, and I'm not sure I can continue supporting a dev team like that.

I've tried to explain the issue, but people are only happy because they now have dark colors that aren't just black, where as before, there were no dark colors (blues, greens, yellows). But every color is darker, and doesn't match with their palette. But it doesn't matter if you point out facts or evidence. These supporters will blindly support this crap, and will call your evidence "ridiculous". I also don't think DE will actually listen to the people providing concrete evidence of the problem.

For me, the issue is bigger than just wrong colors. It's about actually making things right and accurate, regardless of whether or not it's popular. And right now, the colors are wrong. They are not accurate to their palettes. The saturation is actually closer to right now than it was previously, but the brightness isn't. But yes men don't care about that. Like I said yesterday, if they don't fix this, and simply listen to all the yes-men, then chances are, they'll take that attitude to other areas of the game, and I'm not sure I can continue supporting a dev team like that.

There always was multiple near-black colors. I don't know how badly their monitor colors must be off but they need to hush.

There always was blood red, deep orange, and bright pinks. This didn't add MORE colors, it made LESS.

I won't either, such practice is foolish and wrong. What I don't understand is how they could green light this crap at all, I liked the "ketchup red" color I gave my Rhino that was part of the Fire Palette, now that color is dark red and not at all what I choose from the beginning and no other colors of the same palette gets that color back with this "new" "improved" and "better" color correction hotfix.

There always was multiple near-black colors. I don't know how badly their monitor colors must be off but they need to hush.

There always was blood red, deep orange, and bright pinks. This didn't add MORE colors, it made LESS.

I agree, the darkest black on the Smoke Palette was fine to me, now all the colors just look like a rubber suit.

And I don't care what the artists intention was, I liked the washed out colors, there was nothing wrong with them.

But hey, NEON GREEN Kubrows and WHITE SEAMS on the warframes is the ARTISTS INTENTION.

There were no deep greens or chocolate browns, though. That did need to be fixed. 

Also, a lot of the light colours all looked the same. Easter palette actually has a use now. Before they were all so pale it pretty much didn't matter which colour you picked from the set of five in the line. Now you can distinguish the colours. 

Yeah, okay some of the colours have been made worse, but there are colours that have been made better. The only major issue I have is the fact the Smoke palette is basically useless now. Like many have said, the Gamma black is only a few shades lighter than the darkest black in Smoke. As well as the darkest colours in Fire and Storm (they were a dark red) are pretty much the same color as the darkest black in Smoke. Also, the fact none of the greys don't match right with the grey on Nova/Nekros/Cali/etc bothers me. 

So yeah, there are some colours I want put back the way they were, but for the most part, I'm okay with this change. Just some of the dark reds and dark blues are a bit too dark. 

And like I said, I want my pure white kubrow back, yo'. 

Edited by Xyana

There were no deep greens or chocolate browns, though. That did need to be fixed. 

Also, a lot of the light colours all looked the same. Easter palette actually has a use now. Before they were all so pale it pretty much didn't matter which colour you picked from the set of five in the line. Now you can distinguish the colours. 

Yeah, okay some of the colours have been made worse, but there are colours that have been made better. The only major issue I have is the fact the Smoke palette is basically useless now. Like many have said, the Gamma black is only a few shades lighter than the darkest black in Smoke. As well as the darkest colours in Fire and Storm (they were a dark red) are pretty much the same color as the darkest black in Smoke. Also, the fact none of the greys don't match right with the grey on Nova/Nekros/Cali/etc bothers me. 

So yeah, there are some colours I want put back the way they were, but for the most part, I'm okay with this change. Just some of the dark reds and dark blues are a bit too dark. 

Then they should have added new color packs with those colors instead of darkening existing colors to achieve those colors.

Then they should have added new color packs with those colors instead of darkening existing colors to achieve those colors.

They added a new colour palette for the browns. They weren't showing the way they were intended to. I know this for a fact because I requested the colour palette and It was made. We now call it Twilight. 

They added a new colour palette for the browns. They weren't showing the way they were intended to. I know this for a fact because I requested the colour palette and It was made. We now call it Twilight. 

But you just said that there were no deep greens or chocolate browns. So which one is it? Be consistent.

But you just said that there were no deep greens or chocolate browns. So which one is it? Be consistent.

There weren't. They never showed up right. They came out as a muddy tan. Now that the colours have been fixed to look how they were intended, they are chocolate brown like they were supposed to be. 

There weren't. They never showed up right. They came out as a muddy tan. Now that the colours have been fixed to look how they were intended, they are chocolate brown like they were supposed to be. 

Ok. I still think that the saturation is fine. My issue is that the two left rows (the rows with darker colors) are too dark. I looked at the colors again, and that's pretty much my problem with it. Those colors don't match the palette colors.

They should've added a new palette then instead of making them all ugly.

Edited by DarkD3filer

First people were crying: why are all the kubrows white? Now: Agh all the wrong colors I missed the white!... You people are the most complaining group of people I have heard on any forum. All I ever really see is constant complaining for a rather decent game. I actually prefer this update because certain color palattes were actually needing to be fixed from the muddled down colors. Yes they need a fix but rather than crying "change it back" actually suggest a fix. Sorry but some of you people are more stubborn than an &#!(donkey for those who don't know the actual terms origins outside from anglosaxon). P.S. if you liked certain old colors they gave users a free gamma pack. Try to mix the colors rather than being just being lazy and say: change it back when that takes away hours of work for no damn good reason. Color vs. progress... if you choose color you either are OCD or need to set your priorities straight on this game.

First people were crying: why are all the kubrows white? Now: Agh all the wrong colors I missed the white!... You people are the most complaining group of people I have heard on any forum. All I ever really see is constant complaining for a rather decent game. I actually prefer this update because certain color palattes were actually needing to be fixed from the muddled down colors. Yes they need a fix but rather than crying "change it back" actually suggest a fix. Sorry but some of you people are more stubborn than an @$$(donkey for those who don't know the actual terms origins outside from anglosaxon). P.S. if you liked certain old colors they gave users a free gamma pack. Try to mix the colors rather than being just being lazy and say: change it back when that takes away hours of work for no damn good reason. Color vs. progress... if you choose color you either are OCD or need to set your priorities straight on this game.

I never complained about the kubrow colours they way they were before the change. Please don't group me with those who did...

As for a fix, I said in another thread they could have handled this better. Maybe by giving us tabs on the colour palettes. One tab for the intended colours and one for the original colours. Make everyone happy. 

The problem is now however the grineer browns dont have the light muddy/sandy browns they were, they are more dark wooden, earthen browns or dark browns (the darkest brown previously was lighter than the lighest brown now in the grineer set, the other lines have yellow/green tints to them.)

Managed to dig up an image from before and after to the difference (left before, right after)

Hydroid_ClrCmpr.png

As you can see the 'mud' look for hydroid is lost in the new colour (more a chocolate hydroid now) and the mud look cant be achieved with the grineer pallet anymore.

Like wise the black-red of the fire and valentine pallets, the black-blue of the ice pallet and the charcoal grey on a few pallets are now all just black-black.

While pallets like easter that used to have subtly tinted whites, are more vivid and have no tinted whites.

I think what DE really needs to do is go over and now add the "saturaton bug" into the pallet colours, while adding more "saturated" pallets or expand the current ones to include the old and new inflection of colourings  (DE hopefully has a copy of the engine with the bug still there to assist comparisons).  They have some very talented art team members so once they nail down the actual saturation difference, it souldn't be too hard to restores the old "buged" colours.

The up side is given the fix, we should be able to actually have more diversity in colour schemes so those that want the rich colour tones can have them and those that liked the old colour tones can have those as well.

Edit added comparison picture.

Edited by Loswaith

This is the worst update to the game that I have seen. It is actually the only update I have come to hate or dislike in the slightest. You did not create "richer colors, deeper blacks and a wider gamut." you created melted, saturated plastic and limited the color variety. The Kubrows look fine as far as I can tell, but the warframes and sentinals need to be put back the way they were.

This is my Hydriod in full Classic after this update.

D3A4jpR.jpg

This is my Hydroid in full Gamma with the exact same colors selected.

HjThGUt.jpg

Gamma did nothing but put the yellow closer to what it used to be. Now lets see how bad all my other warframes got messed up because you thought there was a problem to change when there was not.

Too dark now.

X46nb1e.jpg

Too bright now.

OhLwERT.jpg

At least half my warframes are now orange when they should not be.

91kOdVD.jpg

pw90yhV.jpg

k6SbUvG.jpg

XHy81j9.jpg

3UJ2vcY.jpg

ZKo893E.jpg

7xxBJyC.jpg

The one time I want orange and I get it closer to red...

wjKwOWb.jpg

The black on my Nova's arms and legs should be the same grey as the shoes and gloves, but now that is messed up.

joH8KqQ.jpg

Why is my Oberon now black and shiny rather than the nice brown I had him at?

JZf0miO.jpg

My Rhino's helm did match the armour. I wonder what happened...

32zemee.jpg

Darker and orange.

5bKIsJx.jpg

Yellow skin and black legs? It was peach skin and red legs.

n8fVPjb.jpg

Over saturated.

pkOKbX3.jpg

Even my sentinals went down the drain in quality.

Orange just like my warframes.

mHqMyRU.jpg

8Cynd3J.jpg

Darker and more bland.

faJMTxU.jpg

I take pride in my look when ever there is options to customize and now it is ruined. I would have shown more, but these were the only warframes and sentinals that got the biggest hit. My other ones seem to be fine or at least stayed close to what they used to be. The only things I don't have are Loki Prime, Mirage, and Wyrm Prime, but if I did I am sure they would have gotten messed up just like the rest. I don't even want to finish my Mirage or Wyrm Prime that I am over half way done making because of this terrible update. The old colors had lots of variety and it was nice to pick out how I wanted to look. These new colors are just different bland and dark colors with little if any variety. The only light colors are so saturated that it makes me want to vomit. Either bring back the old colors and get rid of the new or bring back the old and keep the new. The second option would have a much longer color list in the appearance menu though. I really don't want to play the game now that all creativity is gone and replaced with overly dark colors or overly saturated colors.

Side note: Fix the glitch where when I equip a different sentinal, the weapon auto changes to the stupid Burst Lazer.

-snip-

Uh, dude. You know you can still change the colors, right? Don't get all butt-hurt because they improved a long standing issue. Re adjust the colors to something you like. Also, if you are gonna stop playing a game with amazing graphics, gameplay, and customization besides the color palettes that you don't like(note you are in the vast minority)... Go ahead. Your loss.

Edited by Einde
made convenient.

I named my first Kubrow based on the fact that she had white fur and what looked like skin-tone battlescars on her back.

The Gamma Update came and turned her a sickly green with dirty brown stripes.

It was... a dramatic change.

Don't get me wrong, I know now that the colors were extremely washed out and she wasn't supposed to be white to begin with, and I'm not paranoid enough to think that there was any malicious intent on the devs' part, but it's especially upsetting because what little you can do to customize a Kubrow has a permanent outcome; with my Warframes and weapons I just had to take another look at my palettes (and even if I didn't like it, I had other options), but this is irreversible and something I had little warning (concerning how drastic the change would be) and zero say on.

My beautiful girl is green now, forever, in spite of my wishes, and there's nothing I can do about it.

I'm not cruel enough to let my Kubrow starve to death to start over, but I wouldn't be surprised if a lot of players found the pragmatic appeal without the ability to sell.

Normally for something sneaking up on players like this, we'd get some kind of compensation - like how we got the Gamma color set so that there was no real loss for the Warframe colors, or how we got some starter Mutagen Masses to ease the transition when the Infested moved to the Derelicts. Unfortunately, since the ability to even scramble your Kubrow's palette was removed, there's no available compensation that can make up for that end (especially since it now means you'd have to breed and invest time into another Kubrow to reroll for the appearance you want - and even Genetic Templates aren't a guarantee).

Edited by Archwizard

The problem is now however the grineer browns dont have the light muddy/sandy browns they were, they are more dark wooden, earthen browns or dark browns (the darkest brown previously was lighter than the lighest brown now in the grineer set, the other lines have yellow/green tints to them.)

Managed to dig up an image from before and after to the difference (left before, right after)

Hydroid_ClrCmpr.png

As you can see the 'mud' look for hydroid is lost in the new colour (more a chocolate hydroid now) and the mud look cant be achieved with the grineer pallet anymore.

Like wise the black-red of the fire and valentine pallets, the black-blue of the ice pallet and the charcoal grey on a few pallets are now all just black-black.

While pallets like easter that used to have subtly tinted whites, are more vivid and have no tinted whites.

I think what DE really needs to do is go over and now add the "saturaton bug" into the pallet colours, while adding more "saturated" pallets or expand the current ones to include the old and new inflection of colourings  (DE hopefully has a copy of the engine with the bug still there to assist comparisons).  They have some very talented art team members so once they nail down the actual saturation difference, it souldn't be too hard to restores the old "buged" colours.

The up side is given the fix, we should be able to actually have more diversity in colour schemes so those that want the rich colour tones can have them and those that liked the old colour tones can have those as well.

Edit added comparison picture.

Yeah that one looks nicer before. People can't seem to keep it in their head this game is in beta, and that the devs are gonna make some decisions that need tweaking(Damage, Melee, and UI are only the latest overhauls). I think most of the colors look so much better, even if they are a bit too saturated on the darker colors. This color adjustment also adds a lot more texture to the warframes from what I have seen.

I named my first Kubrow based on the fact that she had white fur and what looked like skin-tone battlescars on her back.

The Gamma Update came and turned her a sickly green with dirty brown stripes.

It was... a dramatic change.

Don't get me wrong, I know now that the colors were extremely washed out and she wasn't supposed to be white to begin with, and I'm not paranoid enough to think that there was any malicious intent on the devs' part, but it's especially upsetting because what little you can do to customize a Kubrow has a permanent outcome; with my Warframes and weapons I just had to take another look at my palettes (and even if I didn't like it, I had other options), but this is irreversible and something I had little warning (concerning how drastic the change would be) and zero say on.

My beautiful girl is green now, forever, in spite of my wishes, and there's nothing I can do about it.

I'm not cruel enough to let my Kubrow starve to death to start over, but I wouldn't be surprised if a lot of players found the pragmatic appeal without the ability to sell.

Normally for something sneaking up on players like this, we'd get some kind of compensation - like how we got the Gamma color set so that there was no real loss for the Warframe colors, or how we got some starter Mutagen Masses to ease the transition when the Infested moved to the Derelicts. Unfortunately, since the ability to even scramble your Kubrow's palette was removed, there's no available compensation that can make up for that end (especially since it now means you'd have to breed and invest time into another Kubrow to reroll for the appearance you want - and even Genetic Templates aren't a guarantee).

I do believe I read somewhere that all Kubrows started out white when U14 was brand spankin' new. I saw a couple of brown ones last week, but the vast majority of all Kubrows were very pale. I guess the Kubrows have a lot of different shades of the base colors now? 

Also, they were only taking away the scrambler thing for consideration(they may have called it deliberation), seeing as making people pay plat to change it might have been undesirable, since every other loadout spec(Warframe, weapons, sentinel) had the center row of Classic to start. And all the new players will get an entire non-holiday pack with some considerable variety for free for the next two weeks.

I do rather like the idea of having a set color for our Kubrows, because it adds some realism to the biological aspect of them.

Edited by Avicou

Also, they were only taking away the scrambler thing for consideration(they may have called it deliberation), seeing as making people pay plat to change it might have been undesirable, since every other loadout spec(Warframe, weapons, sentinel) had the center row of Classic to start. And all the new players will get an entire non-holiday pack with some considerable variety for free for the next two weeks.

I do rather like the idea of having a set color for our Kubrows, because it adds some realism to the biological aspect of them.

Agreed on all counts, but it sort of loses realism when you wake up to find your dog turned green overnight - and that you can't wash it off, either.

Edited by Archwizard

Agreed on all counts, but it sort of loses realism when you wake up to find your dog turned green overnight - and that you can't wash it off, either.

Ehhhhh. Evolution has done weirder. If anything, write it off as a side effect of the genetic manipulation.

My god. Calm your tatas and wait for DE to re-release customisation options.

Edited by Novocrane

They just need to brighten the two left columns (or at least not the furthest left column, but the one right next to it) so that they match their palettes. Because they don't right now. For the kubrows, if the fur colors were all natural colors, there'd be no problem with random fur colors.