Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Upcoming Color Customization Fix (Planned For Hotfix 14.0.9)

[DE]Steve

Additional Kubrow coloring options are definitely in the works. Resetting Kubrows was not in the cards (burned into their traits, not color palette) but I will see if we can't do some gifting to get you in a better spot when the new Kubrow system is finished... fair?

Totally fair! Thanks for the response. I know the community will be much happier knowing we have an option coming in the future.

Freq...

Because your Kubrows isn't white. Real white kubrows are rare.

With the old colours I had a white Huras too. But he isn't white. The real colour is cream.

If you trade or sell your imprint, they will not generate a white kubrow because he isn't white.

Additional Kubrow coloring options are definitely in the works. Resetting Kubrows was not in the cards (burned into their traits, not color palette) but I will see if we can't do some gifting to get you in a better spot when the new Kubrow system is finished... fair?

Does this new Kubrow System allow us to delete unwanted Kubrows?  

I've added a config option that performs the gamma-incorrect distortion on any legacy palette. It's queued for the next hotfix and will be included on PS4. This option checks if the palette is a legacy palette (ironically all of them except for the Gamma pack which was made with the new code).

It will not change anyone's set up colors, Kubrow color are unaffected. This simply mangles the color picker interface for the palettes in question. You will notice that the new UI is now properly displaying the gamma-mangled colors instead of having the swatch out of sync with the result on your item.

I apologize to those that have been with us for so long and were fond of the old scheme - this hacky option lets you get back there. Future palettes will not be affected by this option.

Legacy ON:

Legacy OFF:

Can the future colors without this option NOT have the left side colors all turn to black? Cause having this does destroy the point of several pallets.

Bring it out quick cause prices for colors now are through the roof.

The printer was way better than what it turned out to be without it.

I've added a config option that performs the gamma-incorrect distortion on any legacy palette. It's queued for the next hotfix and will be included on PS4. This option checks if the palette is a legacy palette (ironically all of them except for the Gamma pack which was made with the new code).

It will not change anyone's set up colors, Kubrow color are unaffected. This simply mangles the color picker interface for the palettes in question. You will notice that the new UI is now properly displaying the gamma-mangled colors instead of having the swatch out of sync with the result on your item.

I apologize to those that have been with us for so long and were fond of the old scheme - this hacky option lets you get back there. Future palettes will not be affected by this option.

Legacy ON: zx09Zqm.jpg

Legacy OFF: v0cMune.jpg

I know it wouldn't be anywhere in the near future, but what about having it as a more accessible option? Say, add a tab after the favorites tab that displays the legacy palettes. This is in no way a priority feature, but I feel like it would make quality of life better for people who want the old colors.

So can we use legacy and non legacy colours at the same time with this?  For example the first colour as non legacy and the second one as legacy?

EDIT: Nevermind, just saw that the option will be in the settings screen, so I guess it will always be applied to all colours.

Edited by Ogractor

Can the future colors without this option NOT have the left side colors all turn to black? Cause having this does destroy the point of several pallets.

I'm sure they won't do that seeing as how they have seen that people don't like that side of the palette being that dark.

Bring it out quick cause prices for colors now are through the roof.

The printer was way better than what it turned out to be without it.

What?

Don't ask them to rush it either because they should take time and make sure it is with as few bugs as possible so we don't have to start another community outrage/argument thread. If they take time and make sure it is as good as possible then we are all happy, devs and players, and that's good for everyone.

Edited by FREQ1989

Wow. I was pretty happy with things after I got used to the 'proper' colour system but I'm impressed you're implementing this as an option. I'm a big fan of options wherever possible.

Way to go, Steve :)

I'm sure they won't do that seeing as how they have seen that people don't like that side of the palette being that dark.

What?

Don't ask them to rush it either because they should take time and make sure it is with as few bugs as possible so we don't have to start another community outrage/argument thread. If they take time and make sure it is as good as possible then we are all happy, devs and players, and that's good for everyone.

I was talking about the Kubrow color printer.

There was nothing wrong with other than people didnt want to pay 10p for random colors.

But now the cheapest print go for are 20 and those are the lucky few where people dont care for the color they are selling.

Prints going for 100p is not unheard of, i dont see why folks wouldn't want the printer out ASAP.

This is great news. My first Kubrow was white as snow, and it really disappointed me to see her turn green involuntarily. It'll be nice to get the chance to change her back!

I'm a big fan of options wherever possible.

Way to go, Steve :)

Agreed - now if we can just convince DE_Steve to talk DE_Pablo into considering an option to switch to a 1st person flat view on the Mods/Upgrade menus then I'd be a happy man and I could stop posting as much in the forums and play the game again without feeling nauseous.

Finally some news, and great ones at that.

Now I'm just looking forward to something that allows me to change/remove the monster-beard markings on my girl's face lol.

Wait, so how exactly does this thing work?

If I want to use a legacy color and a new color off one palette, is that possible? Or will turning on legacy settings revert all colors in a palette to their previous values?

Legacy ON: zx09Zqm.jpg

Legacy OFF: v0cMune.jpg

ok this looks pretty good, but there's something i'm not really clear about.

basically, what i get from the post is that will essentially give us access to the old palettes as if they were extra palettes, am i right?,  does this mean we will be albe to use both legacy and non-legacy colors at the same time?, or does it mean we'll have ot choose from one or the other?

on a different note, (and i'm pretty sure i'm not the only one who's noticed) ever since U14 many (if not all) energy based effects look very weird, there's whites everywere(this darken with the energy color though) and overall warframe powers and melee trails(particularly swords/dual swords and the nikanas) and energy syndanas look far more solid and kinda dull (as in not glowy), they no longer have that "ethereal" look they used to have before U14, some frames were hit particularly hard by this, for example ember's fire can no longer be made to look like actual/in-game fire (as in the one in fire procs and hazards and stuff) as there's no longer the "gradient" energy from before (for example some of the halloween and fire palette's colors gave ember's powers an orange/yellow core with an orange/red outline, like the in-game fire, now it's just orange with a less-saturated/white core); i've no clue if this was intended but i know it wasn't listed anywere on the U14 patchnotes, at least not that i noticed.

some other stuff looks weird too, like some of the elemental effects on melee weapons no longer look how they used to, for example magnetic on melee used to be a vibrant, glowy and kinda gradient cyan/blue, then in U14 became solid cyan, and after the "color fix" it became a dull, very VERY light cyan (looks pretty much like ice element), some effects seem unaffected though.

i'm not sure how many would agree with me, but i'd rather the energy coloring be reset to how it worked before U14, same for elemental effects.

Wait, so how exactly does this thing work?

If I want to use a legacy color and a new color off one palette, is that possible? Or will turning on legacy settings revert all colors in a palette to their previous values?

ok this looks pretty good, but there's something i'm not really clear about.

basically, what i get from the post is that will essentially give us access to the old palettes as if they were extra palettes, am i right?,  does this mean we will be albe to use both legacy and non-legacy colors at the same time?, or does it mean we'll have ot choose from one or the other?

We got them back!

Let's be happy about that!

Let's not start adding more and more to the list.

If I want to use a legacy color and a new color off one palette, is that possible?

This setting will allow you to use EITHER the pre- OR the post-U14.0.9 palettes, you will NOT be able to mix them. The only palette that will not be affected by this setting and look the same both times, is the new Gamma Saturated.

/e: Thank you so much, DE_Steve, for making this possible. Now I'm looking forward to the Kubrow customizations. :)

Edited by Bibliothekar

You will notice that the new UI is now properly displaying the gamma-mangled colors instead of having the swatch out of sync with the result on your item.

Speaking of the new UI, what does right clicking and giving a 'star' to a particular color box actually do? I can't figure out what that does.