Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Upcoming Color Customization Fix (Planned For Hotfix 14.0.9)

[DE]Steve

I personally may not have any problems with the color customization changes... but speaking in general sometimes it begs the question yes.

I wonder how much more beer cans some of the Devs are opening (just to quote Scott from one of the Livestreams) to even read our feedback and then abandon it anyways to the void of the archives. xD

It just bothers me more so that a dev would respond to an offtopic question here yet they can't bring themselves to address the actual topic. I don't understand why they are just ignoring this. It really does hurt some players' confidence in them.

It just bothers me more so that a dev would respond to an offtopic question here yet they can't bring themselves to address the actual topic. I don't understand why they are just ignoring this. It really does hurt some players' confidence in them.

Mine included.

Honestly, If they have no plans on doing anything about this, and plan to leave this new color system in place with no alternatives, Why not just say so?

And if they plan on doing something to appease those who liked the old colors, Like 2 versions of each pack, Or what have you, Why not just say they've got something in the works?

I've never felt this disconnected to DE before.

I've never felt this disconnected to DE before.

Maybe we hit the critical mass a while ago.

I mean the point where there are so many different opinions of so many different players out there that DE doesn't know what to do about some of the complaints/feedback and how to please majority anymore.

And because they don't want to p*ss anybody off they don't say anything on some of the topics but this attitude of non-clarifying-communication drives some of the people insane as well. ^^

Sorry guys - (beard)hair on fire with hotfixes and DDoS issues. I will see what I can hack to add a backwards compatible button to the old color palettes and stuff it in a hotfix.

And this is why you're my favorite Dev.

Hopes restored.

Sorry guys - (beard)hair on fire with hotfixes and DDoS issues. I will see what I can hack to add a backwards compatible button to the old color palettes and stuff it in a hotfix.

As long as you dont change the new colors back to the old colors im perfectly fine with it. LOVE the new colors way better.

And suddenly, Faith restored.

Thank you Steve. Backwards compatible button? Heck yes!

This made my day, but honestly make a proper announcement and then focus on fighting these 'bar-steward' ddos attacks. Just knowing that the devs are working on it should be enough for the time being.

Smell that? That's the rich smell of the old Tenno palette. Mmmh hmmm... Tasty.

DON'T KILL OUR KUBROW COLORS! MINE ACTUALLY LOOKS BETTER THAN BEFORE! ;-;

Honestly, it's just that some colors are too dark, as in darker than the color swatch/palette/square thing, specifically the two left columns of each color palette. The saturation is fine.

Edited by AntoineFlemming

I've added a config option that performs the gamma-incorrect distortion on any legacy palette. It's queued for the next hotfix and will be included on PS4. This option checks if the palette is a legacy palette (ironically all of them except for the Gamma pack which was made with the new code).

It will not change anyone's set up colors, Kubrow color are unaffected. This simply mangles the color picker interface for the palettes in question. You will notice that the new UI is now properly displaying the gamma-mangled colors instead of having the swatch out of sync with the result on your item.

I apologize to those that have been with us for so long and were fond of the old scheme - this hacky option lets you get back there. Future palettes will not be affected by this option.

Legacy ON: zx09Zqm.jpg

Legacy OFF: v0cMune.jpg

I've added a config option that performs the gamma-incorrect distortion on any legacy palette. It's queued for the next hotfix and will be included on PS4. This option checks if the palette is a legacy palette (ironically all of them except for the Gamma pack which was made with the new code).

It will not change anyone's set up colors, Kubrow color are unaffected. This simply mangles the color picker interface for the palettes in question. You will notice that the new UI is now properly displaying the gamma-mangled colors instead of having the swatch out of sync with the result on your item.

I apologize to those that have been with us for so long and were fond of the old scheme - this hacky option lets you get back there. Future palettes will not be affected by this option.

Couldn't have done it any better steve,

This'll please everyone.

Eh? More free colors :)

Thank you so much for this Steve. But why not let us revert our Kubrows? I mean I don't want to sound ungrateful but my Girlfriend and I had awesome white Kubrows and now mine is so grey you cant see he tiger stripes and my girlfriend's is some sort of nasty green that comes along as the same hue as tarnished copper. Even putting the scrambler back in would be a start, but I think we all would like to color our Kubrows, even though it doesn't make sense genetically. There are plenty of us here who can help you all out with ideas on this topic, so please let us know what can be done on this front.

Edit: I cut out the images so we all don't have to scroll as much.

Edited by FREQ1989

Eh? More free colors :)

Not really - seems like all or nothing.  :shrug:

Steve - Quick question - does this affect how others see our colors, or just how we see all colors?

Hope that's clear enough - the alternative is a hell of a lot more sentences.

Edited by AZAG0TH

Thank you so much for this Steve. But why not let us revert our Kubrows? I mean I don't want to sound ungrateful but my Girlfriend and I had awesome white Kubrows and now mine is so grey you cant see he tiger stripes and my girlfriend's is some sort of nasty green that comes along as the same hue as tarnished copper. Even putting the scrambler back in would be a start, but I think we all would like to color our Kubrows, even though it doesn't make sense genetically. There are plenty of us here who can help you all out with ideas on this topic, so please let us know what can be done on this front.

Edit: I cut out the images so we all don't have to scroll as much.

Additional Kubrow coloring options are definitely in the works. Resetting Kubrows was not in the cards (burned into their traits, not color palette) but I will see if we can't do some gifting to get you in a better spot when the new Kubrow system is finished... fair?