Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Still No Way To Get Rid Of Kubrows?

Xianyu

Just 10 days guys, it's not that bad.

And if you were forced to wait 10 days for your warframe to 'die' before you could sell it? What then?

It's not 'just' ten days. It's ten @(*()$ days. Period.

I am not waiting a month, swapping out three kubrows, waiting for them all to die so I can replace them with another random piece of S#&$ kubrow that won't be the one I want. And I don't know any sane people who would do that, either.

I pointed this problem elsewhere but might as well point it here.

If they let us release the Kubrow, isn't it the same as giving us the Scrambler back?

After all: Don't like the Kubrow > Throw Him Away > Buy another Incubation set > Rush Timers > Don't like Kubrow > Repeat...

If they let us release the Kubrow, isn't it the same as giving us the Scrambler back?

After all: Don't like the Kubrow > Throw Him Away > Buy another Incubation set > Rush Timers > Don't like Kubrow > Repeat...

Forcing us to buy MORE STASIS SLOTS is exactly the same as the scrambler, too.

You don't HAVE to buy a @(*()$ speed up for the egg. You can wait for the egg to hatch naturally. You can wait for the kubrow to grow. You can farm for eggs. You cannot, however, farm for stasis slots.

No.  You don't have to buy eggs, incubation power cores, or rush timers.

As it stands, you have to buy stasis slots for 10p to roll another kubrow.  That is just like the scrambler.

And if you were forced to wait 10 days for your warframe to 'die' before you could sell it? What then?

It's not 'just' ten days. It's ten @(*()$ days. Period.

I am not waiting a month, swapping out three kubrows, waiting for them all to die so I can replace them with another random piece of S#&$ kubrow that won't be the one I want. And I don't know any sane people who would do that, either.

I was being sarcastic.

So Scrambler has not gone away, it just became infinitely more frustrating and completely boring since i haven't gone out in a real mission in days now...

All because what i want to do is a nice cool-looking Kubrow... Which i guess is asking for too much -.-'

I dont know what to do with my 2nd huras kubrow too...
I'd like to see "release to wild" option, it doesnt sound harsh and it wouldnt make me feel bad
I dont feel like trying to kill my kubrow by not giving him those DNA stabilizers

I like the way you put this. Shows clearly what the problem is. DE needs to man the fucck up and deal with this community outrage. 

On the flip side though, I've milked so much plat from my Kubrows' imprints, I won't ever have to spend money on this disgusting company again <3. Thanks DE

then you scammed a lot of ppl cause those imprints are useless, they only transfer the colour that you have, and even that's not always the case

After getting 3 Sunika kubrows in a row im beginning to wish for the ability to take the "ol yeller" approach. maybe putting a bullet in my sunikas head will make him drop a bite mod for me finally. (im not heartless IRL but i care little for pixels of unreal pets)

Taranis49, on 28 Jul 2014 - 01:19 AM, said:

people might have "moral" issues with that option too, since ostensibly it means condemning them to certain death anyway since our Doges can't survive in the wild due to having defective DNA.

EDIT:

Varzy, on 27 Jul 2014 - 6:14 PM, said:

You're a monster. Proceed.

Sorry Varzy, I knew you were being sarcastic. I put your quote in the wrong area, just ignore it lol.

I think to let them die of starvation is kinda cruel.

The word cruelty for kubrows needs to evanesce. The whole "moral" bs needs to be abandoned. Believe me, I'm a huge animal lover myself and the ridiculous reason not to have an option to "get rid" of something in warframe is nauseating.

KingTaro, on 25 Jul 2014 - 9:26 PM, said:

But from a companies point of view, it's a great way to generate more revenues, due to the Kubrow hype.

So I believe they'll add the button once the hype is cooled down a bit.

A risky approach nonetheless since putting out these little tricks here and there may harm the company's image in the long run.

I don't think stasis slots are even making a dent towards DEs revenues. As the scrambler was removed and not being able to delete your kubrow, DE's isn't generating much with this option. People don't want to spend platinum once they realized kubrows are permanently added to their inventory.

I don't believe the idea of disbanding kubrows from your ship is any different then taking them out to fight infested when it comes to this contradiction. They get hurt, that's your fault, which makes you a cruelly owner in reality. The option to disband them shouldn't need an explanation on whether your killing, dissolving, discharging, terminating, rejecting, repudiating, spurning, etc. You simply dismissing a kubrow from your ship and that SHOULD BE IT.

People need to stop relating kubrows as a sympathetic figure. It's pretty silly to hold "cruelty" as a reason why we shouldn't have the option to get rid of our duplicated kubrows. I mean its nothing like a real dog since we don't pay for pet insurance, we don't clean up after their poop, we don't teach them anything and we surely don't get them groomed. There is no reason to have so much appendage for kubrows when we can't even command them to attack, stay or use any of their abilities.

Just saying.

Edited by Magnagar

I don't believe the idea of disbanding kubrows from your ship is any different then taking them out to fight infested when it comes to this contradiction. They get hurt, that's your fault, which makes you a cruelly owner in reality.  The option to disband them shouldn't need an explanation on whether your killing, dissolving, discharging, terminating, rejecting, repudiating, spurning,  etc. You simply dismissing a kubrow from your ship and that SHOULD BE IT

People need to stop relating kubrows as a sympathetic figure. It's pretty silly to hold "cruelty" as a reason why we shouldn't have the option to get rid of our duplicated kubrows.  I mean its nothing like a real dog since we don't pay for pet insurance, we don't clean up after their poop, we don't teach them anything and we surely don't get them groomed. There is no reason to have so much appendage for kubrows when we can't even command them to attack, stay or use any of their abilities.

Just saying.

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=joke

Another update, and I don't see 'added in the ability to get rid of Kubrows' in the patch notes.

Guess which thread is getting a bump?

This thread is going to stay here, every single goddamn update until this issue is addressed by the staff or it is locked.

If they haven't added a "release" option in another week or so I'll be sorely tempted to forward this whole "let your pet die via starvation" fiasco to PETA. Judging from their response to Pokemon the results should be really, really entertaining. 

If they haven't added a "release" option in another week or so I'll be sorely tempted to forward this whole "let your pet die via starvation" fiasco to PETA. Judging from their response to Pokemon the results should be really, really entertaining. 

But is anyone going to care two hoots about it?

BTW about that "cruelty" thing. Considering that the only way to get rid of Kubrow right now is to deliberately "starve" it to death... I don't really see how any other option can be more cruel, unless it's "Torture it to death".

As someone who likes to enter "emotionaly" into some games I'd REALLY hate to actually wait for their DNA to destabilize until they're dead... +100k for a stabilizer pack is a pain in the @$$ too.

Also you could just sell it to the market. :P I bet some Corpus guys would love to have such an exotic pet.

Edited by Kawalorn