Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

07/29/14 Cannot Connect To Server

dizty_doo

Will this affect me doing missions for credits? I planned on powerleveling to pluto (quite literally) becuase I have a latron prime that can match Pluto, and I'm only at phobos, I wanted to powerlevel there so I could get 20K per mission to fund my future kubrow/warframe/weapon projects.

A % of your credits will go to someone else's bank account.

Ignore the flaming about ICE - it's like a small version of the flame-wall that was put up against Eclipse some time ago. Ppl are just mad about, that somebody plays this game as intended and don't exploit the system. 

Ice sent ppl in when the server was having issues, i highly doubt their using "intended mechanics" i saw that payout increase to 150k a person during the server issues.

If this isn't a DDOS attack then I don't know what else it could be. There's a lot of things happening to raise suspicions that it is one. Currently going to college for this sort of thing so I'm still learning a lot about it.

The not being able to connect is one thing, however the -highly- unusual bugs (most of which that had -previously- been fixed) raises concerns from me that Warframe is being DDOS and hacked by someone. If I'm to go conspiracy-nut for a few minutes, my suspicions would lead me to PWE trying to make DE desperate to sell by taking away their source of income, or some idiot disgruntled hackers who are doing this because they are protesting PWE's interest in DE (which works -against- DE keeping away from PWE since it would make it so lack of funds from players would equal needing to work with PWE and release more control to them in bargaining.).

But that's just if I wanted to go conspiracy nut for a few minutes.

I think to combat the DDOS attacks (if that's what they are) they should make it so their clients and the traffic that comes and goes is checked for legitimacy of people behind them before they are allowed to pass on to the next end of things. A closed box program with testing algorithms that are client side only. It would take 15 extra seconds from the users end to pass those tests (basically those 'type what you see in the picture' tests) but the small wait time frame test would be worth it considering.

If this isn't a DDOS attack then I don't know what else it could be. There's a lot of things happening to raise suspicions that it is one. Currently going to college for this sort of thing so I'm still learning a lot about it.

The not being able to connect is one thing, however the -highly- unusual bugs (most of which that had -previously- been fixed) raises concerns from me that Warframe is being DDOS and hacked by someone. If I'm to go conspiracy-nut for a few minutes, my suspicions would lead me to PWE trying to make DE desperate to sell by taking away their source of income, or some idiot disgruntled hackers who are doing this because they are protesting PWE's interest in DE (which works -against- DE keeping away from PWE since it would make it so lack of funds from players would equal needing to work with PWE and release more control to them in bargaining.).

But that's just if I wanted to go conspiracy nut for a few minutes.

I think to combat the DDOS attacks (if that's what they are) they should make it so their clients and the traffic that comes and goes is checked for legitimacy of people behind them before they are allowed to pass on to the next end of things. A closed box program with testing algorithms that are client side only. It would take 15 extra seconds from the users end to pass those tests (basically those 'type what you see in the picture' tests) but the small wait time frame test would be worth it considering.

It seems to me that if someone wanted to protest the PWE takeover by DDoSing/hacking, it would be more productive to hit PWE to show that they can't protect their servers, though that attack would likely fail hard, to be fair.

ICE taxed the pluto level up area to a point where their increasing it every 3 days by trend so far. and that's a prime place to farm. its like a gang attacking a kindergarten school. its a total WTF thing.

So take it away from them. If taking over a place & putting in tax causes this much rage, then it's something my community seriously needs to consider doing.

So take it away from them. If taking over a place & putting in tax causes this much rage, then it's something my community seriously needs to consider doing.

Region chat is trying.... Literally that chat has been a place of anti-ICE propaganda ever since they took the node.

Ice sent ppl in when the server was having issues, i highly doubt their using "intended mechanics" i saw that payout increase to 150k a person during the server issues.

HOW can they send  ppl when the servers have issues -.- man they are the same players like you are. Ofc the members will try to help with an attack - but if nobody can login, they neither. And without an attack - there is unused time. Unused time right now = dmg to their own rail.

If there aren't any possibilities to attack on their own, they use the money and hope for the assist of randoms, that can login...

On which point there are any complains about those steps?

Edited by -ExT-AtLasVegas

You know, I kind of like the animosity that's arisen over this whole ICE situation, it adds an interesting political spin on the major grind-fest, though if ICE really is behind the serer issues I imagine that they'll get themselves ban-hammered into oblivion, we don't need cheaters. ;)