Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

07/29/14 Cannot Connect To Server

dizty_doo

Yea I can't believe my boyfriend was able to tip toe for that entire gif.

I don't have any spare internets but I do have a pear tree with a partridge in it that you can have... Please?... I can't stand it any longer, this thing just keeps sh1tt1ng everywhere. :(

-Mushari

In regards to your reply, I did say it wasn't a bright idea for the hackers to be doing that. Basically agreeing. So... yeah... it's not bright if that is their motives. The should be going after PWE instead, you're right. That is, once again, -if- this is a DDOS attack.

However hackers have been known to make massive attacks without much thought on what outcomes the attacks may reap. The book 'Kingpin' hits on this a lot. The book talks on real world events, real world hackers, the brilliant attacks they made, and the idiotic decisions and motivations behind them.

Kinda wishing I had decided to take a multimedia program instead honestly.

-Mushari

In regards to your reply, I did say it wasn't a bright idea for the hackers to be doing that. Basically agreeing. So... yeah... it's not bright if that is their motives. The should be going after PWE instead, you're right. That is, once again, -if- this is a DDOS attack.

However hackers have been known to make massive attacks without much thought on what outcomes the attacks may reap. The book 'Kingpin' hits on this a lot. The book talks on real world events, real world hackers, the brilliant attacks they made, and the idiotic decisions and motivations behind them.

lol, agreed.

Quite honestly? No, don't play just wait till the "server issues" cease.

Thats the thing though, they havnt ceased! They say its safe now! come back! and we do, then get into a mission then. . . . . BAM!!!. The servers go down and you are left with no rewards for completing a mission.

-Mushari

As much as I agree with this post I feel that this change must be made.

Programmers: DDoS != Hacking

People: DDoS =/= Hacking

English(?): DDoS is not Hacking

Edit: Fixed double quote, sorry ;~;

Edited by RoyalStallion

Ok i think alert's must be frozen so ppl can complete them this is why should be stop the remaining time from alerts as the server is down. I hope this is done soon and not when a mod start's to think about this problem i need some aura's from alerts that i hav'nt got cuz of the server going down each time i want to play.

Thats the thing though, they havnt ceased! They say its safe now! come back! and we do, then get into a mission then. . . . . BAM!!!. The servers go down and you are left with no rewards for completing a mission.

I didn't say to come back when DE says the "server issues" have ceased, I mean come back when other players aren't having issues connecting. You know when they actually cease?

Will this affect me doing missions for credits? I planned on powerleveling to pluto (quite literally) becuase I have a latron prime that can match Pluto, and I'm only at phobos, I wanted to powerlevel there so I could get 20K per mission to fund my future kubrow/warframe/weapon projects.

ICE apparently has a number of clans that were in the infamous (and it really was an infamous congregation: people outside the clan had a definite tendency to dislike the clan than to like or be ambivalent towards it) clan Eclipse. Eclipse was renown for taking most of the DSD missions and using a large reserve of credits procured through high taxes (up to 75% in some cases) to give outrageous battle pays and keep control of the nodes between the mercenary type players and their own size and activity as the largest alliance in warframe.

Sechura is the one DSD mission that could truly be said it was held by the 'community'. Anyone who imposed a tax at all would be rebelled against and until recently it was a 0%-0% tax. Whether or not coincidentally, after the servers went out and came back on, ICE now controls Sechura, likely because none could actually defend the point during the time most couldn't connect. Furthermore, there are allegations of behaviors the traditional gamer would believe to be immoral or underhanded, such as hosting an 'attacker' lobby and leaving before the mission completed, wasting the attacker's time, denying them battle pay, and burning time down on the defender's clock. Also, there has been the strange appearance and challenge of 'V', the alliance made up mostly of low mastery players that has enough credits to challenge for Sechura and not enough manpower to feasibly take it. This clan fills the 'attacker role' for up to 2 days. Many have conjectured that it is a clan made of alternate accounts designed just to buy time for credit accumulation by ICE. Note that this is all circumstantial evidence.

This will affect you and you personally because of the current 9% tax bite from your 22k credit payout per Sechura run, and if ICE behaves as Eclipse historically has, it will be a 5.5k payout (75% taxes) while other nodes may eventually turn to ICE possession as well.

Here ends my relatively neutral explanation of the current state of affairs as I see it.

Personally, I'll be fighting against ICE control out of prudence and experience. If credits are a reason to support one side or another in a conflict, then ideals are as well. Since I personally believe ICE is a threat to DSD missions and to the community of the game, I'll be supporting whoever attempts to take their rails until such a time they prove themselves to be an equal or greater threat. Tenno, your actions will have consequences, no matter what you do. Choose what you do, who you support, or even if you choose isolation, and be prepared to live with the consequences of your- and our community's- actions.

ICE apparently has a number of clans that were in the infamous (and it really was an infamous congregation: people outside the clan had a definite tendency to dislike the clan than to like or be ambivalent towards it) clan Eclipse. Eclipse was renown for taking most of the DSD missions and using a large reserve of credits procured through high taxes (up to 75% in some cases) to give outrageous battle pays and keep control of the nodes between the mercenary type players and their own size and activity as the largest alliance in warframe.

Sechura is the one DSD mission that could truly be said it was held by the 'community'. Anyone who imposed a tax at all would be rebelled against and until recently it was a 0%-0% tax. Whether or not coincidentally, after the servers went out and came back on, ICE now controls Sechura, likely because none could actually defend the point during the time most couldn't connect. Furthermore, there are allegations of behaviors the traditional gamer would believe to be immoral or underhanded, such as hosting an 'attacker' lobby and leaving before the mission completed, wasting the attacker's time, denying them battle pay, and burning time down on the defender's clock. Also, there has been the strange appearance and challenge of 'V', the alliance made up mostly of low mastery players that has enough credits to challenge for Sechura and not enough manpower to feasibly take it. This clan fills the 'attacker role' for up to 2 days. Many have conjectured that it is a clan made of alternate accounts designed just to buy time for credit accumulation by ICE. Note that this is all circumstantial evidence.

This will affect you and you personally because of the current 9% tax bite from your 22k credit payout per Sechura run, and if ICE behaves as Eclipse historically has, it will be a 5.5k payout (75% taxes) while other nodes may eventually turn to ICE possession as well.

Here ends my relatively neutral explanation of the current state of affairs as I see it.

Personally, I'll be fighting against ICE control out of prudence and experience. If credits are a reason to support one side or another in a conflict, then ideals are as well. Since I personally believe ICE is a threat to DSD missions and to the community of the game, I'll be supporting whoever attempts to take their rails until such a time they prove themselves to be an equal or greater threat. Tenno, your actions will have consequences, no matter what you do. Choose what you do, who you support, or even if you choose isolation, and be prepared to live with the consequences of your- and our community's- actions.

So is ICE or Synergy the new Eclipse?

I love fantasy romans o.o

I don't know who ICE is but why would he cause a server issue?

ICE is the new Alliance/Clan taking over nodes, people have been accusing them of causing the DDoS attacks in a attempt to take over more nodes. I don't think this is the case, but I could be entirely too trusting of gamers and their "ethics".

Careful, I made a statement today about ICE and received a naughty point oooooooooo.....

Id assume everyone is corrupt and no solution will be made. We just need to wait it out, because if this solution could be solved, wouldn't it have been done by now? For a month it was a daily patch here with content filler there, and nothing has changed or no new patches made to help this incident. But you will lose comments, get reported or assaulted via keyboard chat for asking opinions or making generalizations.

Whoever is doing this, or whatever the reason be, I hope the pixels are worth it. I hope making hundreds of thousands of gamers stress and sit on heals, for the needs of a selfish few.

MOBA's, gotta love em.

Then you need to visit the DayZ forums, my friend.

I frequent the Dayz forums and DayZ reviews on steam quite often. I am a huge DayZ fan, regardless of my inability to play the actual mod. :P

I take DayZ gamers as seriously as I take GTA gamers when looking at "gamer ethics".