Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Warframe's Conditions.

LadyScootaloo

Having been here for awhile, what do you guys make of what Warframe is now?

Whether on it's own or as a comparison to what it used to be(or to other similar games).

What do you think of the status of the multiple pieces?

Exclusive gear, not excluding Prime Access and Time/seniority-based exclusives?

Player vs Environment, the core of Warframe, it's co-op system?

Player vs Player, the black sheep spawned from the screams of countless(it's countable) Tenno?

The time-wall limitation, one of DE's primary platinum blocks to improve the use and purchase of plat?

The trading system, DE's most successful method, both by player opinion and (as a guess) DE's own wallet?

Dark Sectors, the mess that we're stuck with as a pet project, yet comes with special bonuses like more XP, materials and credits?

The gameplay, which has alternated repeatedly over the course of Warframe's months.

Tell me, Tenno, what do you think of how Warframe stands?

My side.

I find that despite all the content addition, Warframe's core gameplay has been lacking.

There is too little variety in what we do.

DE may have their own ideas of what they want Warframe to be, so it's expected.

All of DE's updates, since closed beta, seem to have been focused on being cosmetic, whether free or otherwise.

Melee 2.0 was essentially a cosmetic update that had to be given a new set of keys.

The way melee was used didn't change much. Just that it now had more damage and flashier attacks with a little variety in animation. (the core of the melee remained the same)

All the new guns... they just changed the way projectiles fired, but the way WE fired the projectiles has altered little.

Stat balancing has been ongoing since forever, with DE trying to please everyone to the point where nothing really gets done. Now that the difference in tiers between frames is more clearly defined, I can't see how DE decides when to nerf and when to buff.

Do they even have a standard to follow in terms of player strength?

Are we meant to be this overpowering?

Are enemies meant to just take our fire until they die from the stats?

Why was Ember nerfed but Nyx buffed, given that Ember wasn't overwhelming to begin with and Nyx was a powerhouse even before it? Was it by taste?

Why make Mirage so powerful to begin with, when we thought they wanted to make insane multipliers difficult to use?

(Banshee)

All in all, I've got plenty of doubts about whether DE has any direction in mind and whether they've got any idea what path they're trying to walk, hopefully not just here to keep satisfying us by making whimsical changes to, in the end, find us ungrateful because the game isn't what we expected it to be.

What do you make of Warframe as it is?

What do you make of Warframe as it is?

I think it's a fun game to play (especially with friends), and it is the main game that I play.

Sure, there are a lot of downsides, but DE does fix it. Remember, it is a BETA.

DE buffs or nerfs on more then 'personal feeling' about a gun. I do believe they have acces to a huge ammount of data of guns, damage and whatnot, so they can make a pretty clear picture what is going on. Its not very uncommon in a game to just leave those 'underpowered' items and let them collect dust, just trow in a few new ones and its all good to go. Benefits of new stuff is better then fixing those few things that even buffed many still wont use (in a certain degree, sniperrifles vs bows for example).

I like the game as it goes, U14 did chance bits where you have to get used to, but overall i still get my fun of just wacking mobs around and do a little bit of mayhem on survival or defense.

Sure, there is stuff i like to see, or to be changed, alternative mission styles or sortlike, but overall they still going in a good direction, unlike some other games that i (used to) play.

The only issue I have is the core gameplay. For the most part, it seems the same as it had been, besides a few enemy additions. When the game came out, the gameplay was good, lacking in some areas, looks like it'll be worked on, and it has. However, I see no significant improvement to the lack of it's variety. I'm not talking about tilesets, or weapons. I'm talking about the enemies' AI, their spawn mechanics, and their ability to use situational awareness to actually do something. 

Wouldn't it be neat if the enemies didn't take cover and fire at you as if they were filled with ice in their muscles? They need better evasion tactics, better overall squad/group intelligence, situational awareness. You are an over powered ninja, should they follow you down a narrow hallway or coax you out? Should they target explosive barrels near you to attempt to stagger you so that you become an easier target? I think so. I'm personally a little tired with dealing with cannon fodder all the time.

If there was an argument about how lower level players would be destroyed by this, make full 'intelligence' 1 at level 30, and have it systematically decrease as the levels go down. The enemy themselves are the most boring thing about this game at this time. Sure, a new enemy is interesting and dynamic for like a week, but that feeling fades quick.

Edited by (PS4)IIIDevoidIII

Yep, gameplay is both the part that makes me love the game, and the part that should be improved :

- the movement system has still issues reported long ago,

- enemy and ally AI still has to be improved as stated above, (side note about allies, what about a system to give them targets to attack or go to ?)

- dynamic events should have more depth, both in the planetoids map and inside the missions (but only if triggered by the players, rewarding them for exploring). Players want to play a role.

Most of the subjects(aside from your opinion bit) you mention are fine as they are. Some still need bug fixes/balance changes(pvp in particular)

As far as trading goes, in a way I like the current system. But I realize there a lot less frustrating and time consuming ways to do it.

And concerning gameplay, I'm looking forward to seeing more worked out mission types. And added benefits or ways to enhance/reward co-op then just having the benefit of their dps and frame's powers. DE's efforts to be all inclusive have been admirable but also detrimental in some area's. Sprint needs to be a actual sprint (forever will I be against and refuse to use the current swing-for-speed which DE won't change).

But, I have to be fair. There isn't a lot DE can do to cure my boredom atm. I've simply played to much of Warframe. This is no stab at DE though, I've enjoyed myself for hundreds of hours, which is very rare for me. I am keeping an eye on it though, I still have plat to spend XD.

Edit: added mention of Sprint

Edited by Lynxh

For me, exclusive gear is not a problem. It's a prize for people who were here since the very beginning (first Vandal weapons and Founders) or during a particular Event. 

There is a need to pleasure people who play the game since a lot of time and probably had reported a lot of bugs and done a lot of feedbacks. 

I'm sorry for new players that will never have some of these things but it's life. And, however, exclusive gear isn't so special. They're just normal things. 

Warframe IS a co-op game. The problem is that there is a lack of AI and people quickly get bored (I don't know if it's grammatically correct) of the game, because generally it's easy. So start to complain, and the only thing DE does is to give a boost to health and damage.

About this thing, there is a real need for better AI. Certainly. 

Player vs Player, the black sheep spawned from the screams of countless(it's countable) Tenno?

I played PvP games for 15 years. I'm a bit tired. Personally, I prefear to have a game without a PvP system BUT, if people want it, let's do correctly. I didn't try yet the new Dark Sector conflicts because I'm not interested in, but it seems that they're really unbalanced. So, a lot of work should be done. 

The time-wall limitation, one of DE's primary platinum blocks to improve the use and purchase of plat?

There is no time-wall. You can obtain everything without waiting too much. 

However, it's better to have to wait some day to obtain a frame and some hours for a weapon, so people will not burn contents too quickly. DE works hard on them and I don't think they like the idea that some people finish everything in a week and then start to complain (again) because there's nothing to do. 

The trading system, DE's most successful method, both by player opinion and (as a guess) DE's own wallet?

Didn't try yet. 

Dark Sectors, the mess that we're stuck with as a pet project, yet comes with special bonuses like more XP, materials and credits?

Personally, I don't like Dark Sectors missions. They're boring and they're all the same. I would like to see Dark Sectors located in others star systems, with Soral Rails as a sort of 'gates' to reach these new places (with new alien species, planets, and so on), instead of just the same maps with Infesteds as enemies. 

The gameplay, which has alternated repeatedly over the course of Warframe's months.

My two cents.

Edited by Latronico

I say this time and time again.

Better AI does NOT solve anything.

95% of the time, as long I am playing Nyx or Excal and Loki, I am at absolutely no risk.

Just pressing 3 or 2 or 4 respectively will let me negate any enemy difficulty to absolute zero.

If you want to make combat challenging, you have to severely nerf the powers of each Warframe.

I don't give a crap about how good your AI is when everyone is shooting each other thanks to chaos.

I don't give a crap about how good your AI is when Rhino bro lifts them with Stomp.

I don't give a crap about how good your AI is when the Grineer have no guns to shoot while my loki run circles around them with my formaed amprex or ignis.

Enemies days are numbered most of the time when a warframe uses their power.

It's just how slow or how quickly.

If you want a harder game, petition DE to severely nerf our powers.

Like the new infested forcing us to use target priorities. otherwise your powers are greatly diminished.

And look at how much crying that created.

But if you do nerf our power, you will undoubtedly lose a huge chunk of players, because a great number of players want to play as a Warrior God. The fact DE nerfed Lephantis in just 2 days showed you which crowd is the strongest.

it isn't the crowd that wants stuff to be challenging.

Edited by fatpig84

95% of the time, as long I am playing Nyx or Excal and Loki, I am at absolutely no risk.

Just pressing 3 or 2 or 4 respectively will let me negate any enemy difficulty to absolute zero.

If you want to make combat challenging, you have to severely nerf the powers of each Warframe.

I don't give a crap about how good your AI is when everyone is shooting each other thanks to chaos.

I don't give a crap about how good your AI is when Rhino bro lifts them with Stomp.

I don't give a crap about how good your AI is when they have no guns to shoot while my loki run circles around them with an amprex.

Their days are numbered most of the time when a warframe uses their power.

Like the new infested forcing us to use target priorities. otherwise your powers are greatly diminished.

But if you do that, you will undoubtedly lose a huge chunk of players, because a great number of players want to play as a Warrior God.

The fact DE nerfed Lephantis in just 2 days show you which crowd is the strongest.

You misunderstand, I don't want harder, I want more interesting, varied. Using Loki to circumvent that would be your choice.

You misunderstand, I don't want harder, I want more interesting, varied. Using Loki to circumvent that would be your choice.

A Nyx mind controlling and chaos doesn't circumvent that ?

An Excal with a 58 meter radial blind build doesn't circumvent that ?

A Zephyr with a max duration Turbulence build doesn't circumvent nearly all ranged attacks ?

Who am I kidding, I was one of the first few who abused radial blind when Overextended came out and use despairs and bow to off them at my leisure. 

I say it again, unless you nerf warframe powers, or handicap yourself not to use ANY power, enemies will always be useless, the moment someone presses a CC, a nuke or a damage buff/debuff skill.

Unless your idea of enemies trying to run away from you all the time when debuffed, but that is kinda hard with a power strength boosted M Prime or War cry slowing you down.

Edited by fatpig84

Having been here for awhile, what do you guys make of what Warframe is now?

Whether on it's own or as a comparison to what it used to be(or to other similar games).

What do you think of the status of the multiple pieces?

its good as it is Exklusiv gear ends only like EA and no one want to be EA beside getting the wallet....

uh lets say as starter you could and can co-op if some would use the brain more often.

dont like it will never like it in wf even if its balanced ,cause it dont fit it friendly dojo fights yes, but dark secot pvp or conclave hell thats a nope.

i dont care about it if i build something i have the time in that 12/24/76 hours to lvl or farm for the next 

and if you want it really bad get plat no one force someone.

its nice but needs a adjust cause atm everything is like a jenga tower on prices and the trade chat is overflow with WTS hard to see through or even ppl who dont get WTS WTB and WTT X.x

good. but i would suggest that there would be option 

a. random missions its circle every few hours between different mission types random and not only infested as lovely they

are.

b. may a special map for the map too if its not on conflict cause the dark sector is a sort of outerspace thing you travel from specific plantes to and not just diggin in the planet.

its ok beside i miss the old core cap times as mdef gets lesser and the navigation itnerrupt and hell dont let me start on interpection.

idk why but i really dont like that one.

that my side for it

The only issue I have is the core gameplay. For the most part, it seems the same as it had been, besides a few enemy additions. When the game came out, the gameplay was good, lacking in some areas, looks like it'll be worked on, and it has. However, I see no significant improvement to the lack of it's variety. I'm not talking about tilesets, or weapons. I'm talking about the enemies' AI, their spawn mechanics, and their ability to use situational awareness to actually do something. 

Wouldn't it be neat if the enemies didn't take cover and fire at you as if they were filled with ice in their muscles? They need better evasion tactics, better overall squad/group intelligence, situational awareness. You are an over powered ninja, should they follow you down a narrow hallway or coax you out? Should they target explosive barrels near you to attempt to stagger you so that you become an easier target? I think so. I'm personally a little tired with dealing with cannon fodder all the time.

If there was an argument about how lower level players would be destroyed by this, make full 'intelligence' 1 at level 30, and have it systematically decrease as the levels go down. The enemy themselves are the most boring thing about this game at this time. Sure, a new enemy is interesting and dynamic for like a week, but that feeling fades quick.

DEScott has addressed this issue multiple times. As much as he wants to make enemies smarter and more tactically inclined, it really wouldn't amount to much when they are slain within three seconds of being in a player's crosshairs. So instead of them at least managing to do a little damage to you before their life is extinguished, they would scramble for cover and be killed within the same amount of time regardless, which would be a pointless endeavor. Group dynamics are what he plans on working on, meaning enemies will stick closer to a tactical advantage such as Heavies, Ospreys, etc. Honestly, the thing is there isn't all that much to be improved as far as enemy AI is concerned, I mean sure you can hold this game to the standards of other similar games but when you look at even those games, the AI isn't much improved even over what we are used to in Warframe.

Take Mass Effect 3's multiplayer for example. Aside from superior enemy animations and formations, the AI practically works the same way. The grunts lumber towards you while firing constantly, occasionally seeking cover. The variants all have their own specialty, be it invisibility, high armor and damage output, special weaponry, flight maneuverability, etc. There's a reason that these types of games work off of such a formulaic system, it works and it's fun/challenging/familiar.

Give the game some time, it WILL improve. Unlike Mass Effect 3 MP and other similar games, this one is procedural and comes with constant updates. Just because the glaring issues such as core mechanics haven't been fixed YET doesn't mean that they aren't going to be fixed. Patience is the name of the game. While I am still irked by the absence of Parkour 2.0, I know it will eventually come. If the absence of that particular improvement bothers me too much I'll simply put the game down and watch each Devstream until something else piques my interest and draws me back to the fray.

I don't give a crap about how good your AI is when the Grineer have no guns to shoot while my loki run circles around them with my formaed amprex or ignis.

Enemies days are numbered most of the time when a warframe uses their power.

But if you do nerf our power, you will undoubtedly lose a huge chunk of players, because a great number of players want to play as a Warrior God. The fact DE nerfed Lephantis in just 2 days showed you which crowd is the strongest.

This is another way of saying pretty much what I had to say. AI would matter if this game were all about gunplay only, but the addition of Void powers kind of throws off that balance completely.

-snip-

I'm no noob to the waiting game, I wasn't complaining that something hadn't arrived, I just wanted it to arrive at some point.

I know Scott has addressed this, but I'm not talking about advanced behaviors that take animation time, I'm saying, if your sitting in a straight hallway, why rush the hallway? They'll be gunned down as they enter the door, force the player into the open to continue onward. Targeting a barrel to stagger you is just a radius and a switch, no new animation.

Speeding up cover mechanics, and some sort of evasion would be welcome. If I shoot someone hiding behind a wall, are you seriously going to keep half your body poking out like an idiot? It gives them some sort of survivability that isn't artificial via scaling. Yes, I can just nuke the whole team, but like I said, lower level enemies wouldn't behave with these mechanics, and they are the ones that are easier to nuke. The higher levels enemies would. They typically tend to hang around longer.

I know this wouldn't be a hook line sinker fix, but it'd begin variation, the same as to what the Eximus enemies have attempted, and those guys had barely changed much.

I'm no noob to the waiting game, I wasn't complaining that something hadn't arrived, I just wanted it to arrive at some point.

I know Scott has addressed this, but I'm not talking about advanced behaviors that take animation time, I'm saying, if your sitting in a straight hallway, why rush the hallway? They'll be gunned down as they enter the door, force the player into the open to continue onward. Targeting a barrel to stagger you is just a radius and a switch, no new animation.

Speeding up cover mechanics, and some sort of evasion would be welcome. If I shoot someone hiding behind a wall, are you seriously going to keep half your body poking out like an idiot? It gives them some sort of survivability that isn't artificial via scaling. Yes, I can just nuke the whole team, but like I said, lower level enemies wouldn't behave with these mechanics, and they are the ones that are easier to nuke. The higher levels enemies would. They typically tend to hang around longer.

I know this wouldn't be a hook line sinker fix, but it'd begin variation, the same as to what the Eximus enemies have attempted, and those guys had barely changed much.

I see what you're saying and please don't take my use of your post as grounds that the whole post was directed towards you, I was simply using it as an example to voice my opinion on the matter of a recurring theme with AI suggestions.

Yes, the AI does have some room for improvement, it seems like every time you encounter a group of enemies it's like they've never even heard of the unstoppable, apocalyptic power of the Tenno. Instead of running for cover, and aiming for weak points to stagger you, they simply bum rush you in the hopes of taking down your shield by a small chunk, only to die before they can drive their Prova/Machete into your armor. While this does make for easier targets, it doesn't add much in the way of immersion. Btw, I actually have seen enemies shoot a barrel while I was near it, though whether this was intentional on their part is unknown and doubtful to me.

I see what you're saying and please don't take my use of your post as grounds that the whole post was directed towards you, I was simply using it as an example to voice my opinion on the matter of a recurring theme with AI suggestions.

Yes, the AI does have some room for improvement, it seems like every time you encounter a group of enemies it's like they've never even heard of the unstoppable, apocalyptic power of the Tenno. Instead of running for cover, and aiming for weak points to stagger you, they simply bum rush you in the hopes of taking down your shield by a small chunk, only to die before they can drive their Prova/Machete into your armor. While this does make for easier targets, it doesn't add much in the way of immersion. Btw, I actually have seen enemies shoot a barrel while I was near it, though whether this was intentional on their part is unknown and doubtful to me.

Oh, I tend to separate my words if I'm done replying to a post directly. Just a misunderstanding of your structure. But yeah, the bum rushing I'm just tired of. :/ Melee enemies; that's acceptable, but too often I see some corpus guy run straight at me, firing, and then try to crack me over my head with his rifle... I mean.. come on.

Oh, I tend to separate my words if I'm done replying to a post directly. Just a misunderstanding of your structure. But yeah, the bum rushing I'm just tired of. :/ Melee enemies; that's acceptable, but too often I see some corpus guy run straight at me, firing, and then try to crack me over my head with his rifle... I mean.. come on.

Well, I did separate the parts that directly pertained to your post at least.

I'm of the opinion that melee restricted enemies should only be part of the Infested/Corrupted. Unless they give the Corpus and Grineer melee regiment some really overpowered melee weapons and not the dinky ones they come with now. Every Grineer/Corpus enemy should have their own melee weapon so that they aren't left butting you with their rifle which is just laughable at this point. Like I said before, it just seems like they don't know who they're fighting against. 

Edited by Kestral9999

I only have one problem with the game, and that's the new PvP Dark Sectors. I loved the idea of it when they announced it; I was intrigued by the concept/WIP art they displayed over various livestreams; I'm vastly disappointed by it right now. Speaking short, the Dark Sectors need a lot of work...they're not that fun to me, especially getting dominated by opponents with better gear and abilities 2 minutes after joining a fight.

I only have one problem with the game, and that's the new PvP Dark Sectors. I loved the idea of it when they announced it; I was intrigued by the concept/WIP art they displayed over various livestreams; I'm vastly disappointed by it right now. Speaking short, the Dark Sectors need a lot of work...they're not that fun to me, especially getting dominated by opponents with better gear and abilities 2 minutes after joining a fight.

The only way to truly balance Dark Sectors would be to remove everyone's mods and abilities from their warframes, reducing them to stats essentially. Then you would have to choose from a predetermined set of loadouts which could grant you weapons for your preferred playstyle. 

Bringing in your own gear, mods, and powers is what breaks PVP in this game sadly. The rest of the game should be about progressing your gear, mods, powers, etc but not PVP.

-melee-

I agree. All the melee units excepting the flameblades are just for show. The melee enemies need gap-closers. The scorpions are mediocre despite their whips and knockdowns. Teleporting melee enemies work better than melee units that pull. Of course, this is a balancing act. These could easily become overpowered. 

I agree. All the melee units excepting the flameblades are just for show. The melee enemies need gap-closers. The scorpions are mediocre despite their whips and knockdowns. Teleporting melee enemies work better than melee units that pull. Of course, this is a balancing act. These could easily become overpowered. 

As long as they aren't on starting levels where newer players have to contend with them, overpowered would be welcome in my book. As the game stands now, there is no real challenge in the higher ranking missions save for higher heavy/eximus spawn rate. If you're outfitted to take them down quickly, that removes even that challenge.

The scorpions are basically just a minor annoyance, much like the security measures in Corpus ships. "Oh, I fell down, better murder whatever caused this inconvenience." Teleporting Corpus melee enemies and invisible Grineer melee enemies would add some versatility to their ranks. I wouldn't even be opposed to a rare melee enemy type that could outright instakill you if it managed to get close enough. Though I feel that would be borrowing a bit too much from ME3's multiplayer.

Edited by Kestral9999

-snip-

Invisible enemies could be completely visible (none of that loki semi invisible pattern stuff) and have a strobe effect every 1 second. They would be visible for less than half a second every 1 second interval. With constant mobility and a speed buff, they might actually become a reasonable threat. Hit and run tactics seem applicable. One slash and retreat.